- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day*
*Standard T&C Apply
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
IRDAI to Give New Licenses to More Players in General Insurance
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 2631 -
Updated date : 06 February 2018
As per the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India, in the last few years, the insurance industry has witnessed positive growth in the general as well as life insurance sector. Considering this, there is a lot of scope, particularly, in the general insurance space. To spur the insurance industry further, IRDAI is planning to grant licence to various other players in health and general insurance sphere.
In 2017, the life insurance sector saw Rs. 35 lakh crore assets and the total premium collected was around Rs. 6 lakh. Given that the penetration in India is less than 3 percent and almost 7 percent globally, the potential of insurance sector is huge. This also indicates that a lot needs to be done in the insurance industry in the coming years. As per an IRDAI report, the first-year premium of life insurance companies was accounted to be Rs. 1.38 lakh crore at the end of 2017, as compared to Rs. 1.16 lakh crore in December 2016.
In the last financial year, the total investment of LIC in equity markets was over Rs. 47,000 crore and had marked a profit of Rs. 19,000 crore in equity markets.
- Most Read
- How to Pay Shriram General Insurance Premium Online?
Date: 13 November 2019
- How to Check United India General Insurance Claim Status?
Date: 07 November 2019
- How to Check Tata AIG General Insurance Claim Status?
Date: 06 November 2019
- How to Pay Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Premium Online
Date: 01 November 2019
- How to Check Shriram General Insurance Claim Status?
Date: 24 October 2019
- National Insurance Policy Renewal and Online Payment Process
Views : 6335
- How to Download Tata AIG Policy?
Views : 5912
- 7 Common Questions and Answers about General Insurance
Views : 5644
- Govt to Merge 3 General Insurance Companies
Views : 3403
- 10 Key Income Tax Rule Changes that will be Effective from 1st April 2018
Views : 2822
GET ARTICLE ON EMAIL
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator