- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
IRDAI to Give New Licenses to More Players in General Insurance
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1328 -
Modified 06 February 2018
As per the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India, in the last few years, the insurance industry has witnessed positive growth in the general as well as life insurance sector. Considering this, there is a lot of scope, particularly, in the general insurance space. To spur the insurance industry further, IRDAI is planning to grant licence to various other players in health and general insurance sphere.
In 2017, the life insurance sector saw Rs. 35 lakh crore assets and the total premium collected was around Rs. 6 lakh. Given that the penetration in India is less than 3 percent and almost 7 percent globally, the potential of insurance sector is huge. This also indicates that a lot needs to be done in the insurance industry in the coming years. As per an IRDAI report, the first-year premium of life insurance companies was accounted to be Rs. 1.38 lakh crore at the end of 2017, as compared to Rs. 1.16 lakh crore in December 2016.
In the last financial year, the total investment of LIC in equity markets was over Rs. 47,000 crore and had marked a profit of Rs. 19,000 crore in equity markets.
- Most Read
- Let’s Face It, Policy Evaluation is Important!
Date: 13 November 2018
- 10 Questions to Ask while Buying Insurance
Date: 12 November 2018
- Tips to Buy a New Insurance Policy from Bajaj Allianz
Date: 30 October 2018
- 4 Tips for Saving Money While Renewing Bajaj Allianz Insurance Policy
Date: 29 October 2018
- National Insurance Company - A Quick Overview
Date: 26 October 2018
- 10 Key Income Tax Rule Changes that will be Effective from 1st April 2018
Views : 1375
- IRDAI to Give New Licenses to More Players in General Insurance
Views : 1328
- Govt to Merge 3 General Insurance Companies
Views : 939
- A Comprehensive Guide to Insurance - Life and General
Views : 911
- Adhaar Card Linking to Insurance Policy: The Road Ahead
Views : 802