- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day*
*Standard T&C Apply
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
SBI General Insurance and How to Check Claim Status Online
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 97 -
Updated date : 23 October 2019
Buying insurance is a common practice in today’s times. It ensures not only financial protection from potential catastrophes and the entailing legal expenses but also peace of mind. Peace of mind is pretty much a necessity to lead a happy life. And what better way to having a peaceful mind than knowing you have financial security?
SBI General Insurance currently employs 21,000 IRDAI personnel and 8,000 agents and has established 23000 branches in 110 cities pan India. This is an impressive network to have in a country as vast and diverse as India.
SBI General Insurance Plans
SBI General Insurance is one of the most trusted and established insurance companies you are likely to find. It stems from a partnership between the State Bank of India and the multinational insurance company Insurance Australia Group.
It offers a wide array of general insurances both in retail as well as in the commercial sector. Motor, Health, Personal Accident, Travel and Home insurance are available in the retail, while Aviation, Fire, Marine, Construction & Engineering and Liability insurance are available in the commercial sector.
They provide various policies and structures which make it quite affordable and accessible to all individuals and organizations.
Following are the general insurance plans that are offered by SBI General Insurance.
The number of vehicles on the roads today is rapidly increasing in India. This makes far more dense traffic and subsequently, more accidents. As unfortunate as it may sound, it is a stark reality, and one must have motor insurance not just in the event of an accident but also against theft or damage to said vehicle.
The Motor Vehicles Act, 1998 states that every vehicle is to have at least a valid third-party insurance to drive on the roads.
You can avail both private car insurance as well as two-wheeler insurance from the company.
The SBI Motor Private Car Insurance is structured to cover the mandatory third-party liability along with loss and damage to the vehicle. This means the insurance will cover the legal liabilities in case of harm or death of a third person caused by the insured while driving that car. It also covers the expenses arising out of damage to third-party property.
It will also cover expenses arising out of damage to the vehicle of the insured party due to fire, explosion, self-ignition, etc. and natural phenomena like lightning, earthquake, landslide, etc.
The motor insurance provides personal accident cover of an amount of up to Rs. 15 lakhs for the owner while driving, as long as he/she has a valid driving license. Company-owned cars do not come under this protection.
- Normal wears and tears, aging frailties, mechanical or electrical breakdowns are not covered under the insurance.
- Damage to the vehicle when the driver does not have a valid license.
- Damage to the vehicle while driving under the influence of narcotics or alcohol.
- Damage by war or nuclear risk.
The company will offer a No Claim Bonus (NCB) on renewals if you do not claim during the policy period, which can go up to a 50% discount.
Life is a beautiful gift that we all want to enjoy to the best of our ability. It is also quite unpredictable. Generally, the healthier life will help you lead a longer life; but health is not always in our control. Routine workouts may not necessarily be enough to avoid all health complications.
You may unexpectedly be faced with an illness or injury which needs immediate treatment. Health-care today is astonishingly expensive, which is certain to take a toll on your finances. Is it not better to be safe than sorry? With SBI Health Insurance, you can sit back and enjoy your life rather than worry about what may or may not happen. This policy will make your health care needs far more manageable. It will provide cover for you as well as your family for healthcare expenses.
The healthcare expenses covered under this policy range from a minimum Sum Insured of Rs. 50,000 to a maximum Sum Insured of Rs. 5, 00, 000, depending on the policy and its terms and conditions. The policy will also cover the expenses incurred in the 30 days before hospitalization and 60 days after hospitalization.
The company offers a range of different policies under healthcare, giving you a variety of choice to fit your needs. The premiums paid towards this insurance are exempt from Income Tax.
The company is not obligated to cover the expenses in certain cases like;
- A disease contracted during the initial 30 days of obtaining the policy.
- Diseases or surgeries like hernia or hydrocele, etc., congenital diseases. Certain diseases like hysterectomy and cataract shall be covered only after the waiting period of 2 years from obtaining the policy.
- Abuse of narcotics or alcohol.
- AIDS-related expenses.
- Joint replacement surgeries will only be covered after a three year waiting period from the start of the policy.
Traveling is something that has become quite easy and convenient in the modern age. This means a lot of individuals and families travel all around the globe, either for business or for vacation. Travelling also comes with its share of risks or unforeseen circumstances. The last thing you want is a medical or financial emergency on your hands. The unfamiliar surroundings are only going to add to your dilemma.
The best way to counter this situation is to have travel insurance protecting your interests in such a situation. SBI General Travel Insurance will cover you and your family in case of medical or financial emergencies so that you are free to travel.
SBI offers you the choice to insure yourself for a single trip or multiple trips. A single day policy will cover the duration of one to 180 days, and a multi-trip policy will cover exactly one year. It will include medical expenses from $ 50,000 to $ 5000,000.
The company is not liable to cover the insured in the following cases:
- Insured person is traveling against the advice of a Physician or traveling to obtain treatment.
- Suicide or attempted suicide, willful self-harm, mental disorder, depression, alcoholism, drug abuse, etc.
- The insured person taking part in any military, naval, or air force operations.
- Pre-existing diseases or complications.
- Expenses incurred due to criminal activities.
Home is where the heart is. It is the place where you feel most safe and secure. You work hard and with all your heart to have a place of your own. Is it not common sense to insure your home to cover any damage, destruction from natural calamities, or even theft and damage of your personal belongings?
SBI offers not one but two different types of home insurance policies - Simple Home Insurance and Long Term Home Insurance. The Simple Home Insurance policy will be for up to a period of three years, while the Long Term Home Insurance provides insurance coverage for a period of up to 30 years. The Long Term Insurance comes with in-built coverage for an earthquake.
The home insurance will cover loss or damage due to natural calamities like lightning, storm, cyclone, flood, etc. It also covers the same in the event of riots, fire, missile-testing operations, aircraft damage, etc.
The company will not be held liable to cover any expenses in the following cases:
- Forest fires, volcanic eruptions or war, and nuclear perils.
- Gross negligence on the part of the insured.
- Explosion damage to boilers or damages due to natural heating or spontaneous combustion.
- Electrical and mechanical breakdown.
- Theft of precious stones, documents, currency, etc., unless specified beforehand in the policy.
Life sometimes springs unpleasant surprises on us. An accident around the corner can change your life drastically at any time. These uncertainties can be countered only by safeguarding your family and yourself with SBI Personal Accident insurance. It will help you cope with whatever life may throw at you. SBI offers two types of personal accident insurance, namely, Individual and Group Accident Insurance.
The company will not be liable for the coverage in the following cases:
- Death by suicide or accident due to a suicide attempt, self-harm, mental, or nervous disorders.
- An accident during and because of employment in Military or Armed Forces.
- Accident under the influence of alcohol or narcotics.
- Accident incurred while participating in criminal activity.
- Injury or loss resulting from prolonged childbirth or pregnancy.
- HIV or AIDS.
- Adventure and dangerous sporting activities.
- Damage or loss due to operating or learning of an aircraft.
Check your SBI General Insurance Claim Status Online
SBI is experienced and established an insurance company. The company wholly understands that its clients are in a difficult situation and so it strives for utmost convenience. They have made the entire process very quick, fair, and transparent. They provide online services to make it easier for you to check your insurance status and claim it as well.
All you have to do is follow some simple steps to check the status of your insurance claim from the comfort of your home.
You can simply go online and visit the official website of SBI General Insurance:
This is the Home-Page of the company’s website, where you will get access to every section of general insurance policies separately.
Here you will see an option that says, “Quick Assist,” simply click on that option to open a page where you will get quick access to several different actions.
You can find an option on this page that says, “Claim Status,” clicking on which you will be taken to a portal where you will be asked to fill in the details of your insurance policy.
After filling in the details, you can check the live status of your insurance claim with one click.
The Final Words:
SBI General Insurance Company has a dedicated team to look after the procedure of Insurance claims and so you can expect swift and efficient assistance from them.
- Most Read
- How to Pay Shriram General Insurance Premium Online?
Date: 13 November 2019
- How to Check United India General Insurance Claim Status?
Date: 07 November 2019
- How to Check Tata AIG General Insurance Claim Status?
Date: 06 November 2019
- How to Pay Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Premium Online
Date: 01 November 2019
- How to Check Shriram General Insurance Claim Status?
Date: 24 October 2019
- National Insurance Policy Renewal and Online Payment Process
Views : 6323
- How to Download Tata AIG Policy?
Views : 5876
- 7 Common Questions and Answers about General Insurance
Views : 5624
- Govt to Merge 3 General Insurance Companies
Views : 3376
- 10 Key Income Tax Rule Changes that will be Effective from 1st April 2018
Views : 2822
GET ARTICLE ON EMAIL
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator