IFFCO Tokio Arogya Sanjeevani Policy
IFFCO Tokio Arogya Sanjeevani Policy is a standard insurance policy introduced by IRDAI. It provides health insurance coverage against the expenses incurred due to the treatment of some specific illness. The plan covers post-hospitalization, pre-hospitalization, hospital room rent, new age treatment and ICU room charges, daycare procedures, AYUSH treatment, Cataract treatment, in-patient hospitalization, and dental treatment. It also has tax benefits and flexible payment options.
The coverage offered by IFFCO Tokio Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance is as mentioned below:
- In-patient treatment- The person insured covers in-patient hospitalization up to Rs 5 lakh.
- Fees Covered- The plan covers the fees of an Anesthetist, Consultants, Medical Practitioner, Specialists, and Surgeons that are paid directly to the doctor or the hospital.
- Medical Coverage- This plan provides coverage against the cost of anesthesia, blood, drugs, diagnostic costs, medicines, OT charges, oxygen, surgical appliances and similar other charges.
- Pre-hospitalization - In this plan, the policyholder gets 30-day coverage before they are admitted to the hospital.
- Post-hospitalization - In this plan, the policyholder receives 60 days of coverage after being admitted to the hospital.
Inclusions of the IFFCO Tokio Arogya Sanjeevani Insurance Policy
IFFCO Tokio Arogya Sanjeevani Insurance Policy has the following inclusions:
- Co-payment - Under this plan, the person insured needs to make a co-payment of 5% on the total bill of the hospital.
- Cumulative Bonus- For every no-claim year, the IFFCO Tokio Health Health Insurance offers a cumulative bonus of 5%, which can be up to a maximum of 50%.
- Daily Room Rent- The plan covers the daily room rent cost, which can be up to 2% of the sum insured up to a limit of Rs 5,000 per day. This also includes nursing and boarding expenses.
- ICU Charges – The IFFCO Tokio Arogya Sanjeevani plan covers ICU charges up to a maximum of 5% on the sum insured or up to Rs 10,000 per day.
Exclusions of This Plan
Following are the exclusions of online IFFCO Tokio Arogya Sanjeevani Policy:
- Domiciliary Hospitalization
- OPD Treatment
- Diagnosis and evaluation expenses
- Rehabilitation, rest cure and respite care
- Weight control or obesity through surgical treatment
- Plastic/ Cosmetic surgery and Gender change treatment
- Hazardous activities, adventure, or breach of law
- Purchasing of dietary supplements
- Unknown treatment
- Maternity expenditures
- Treatment outside India
IFFCO Tokio Arogya Sanjeevani Insurance Policy: Features and Benefits
IFFCO Tokio Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance has the following features and benefits:
- Cataract- The plan covers up to a maximum of Rs 40,000 for each eye's cataract treatment, which is up to 25% of the sum assured.
- Dental Treatment - The plan covers the dental treatment of the person insured if it is done due to any injury or disease.
- AYUSH Benefits- This plan covers AYUSH benefits, including non-allopathic treatment like Ayurveda, Unani, Homeopathy, Siddha and other such treatment.
- Emergency Hospitalization- IFFCO Tokio Arogya Sanjeevani Insurance policy covers the road ambulance cost in case of emergency hospitalization of the person insured. This plan covers up to Rs 2000 on ambulance charges per hospitalization.
- Day Care treatment- The IFFCO Tokio Arogya Sanjeevani covers daycare treatment in which the person insured is hospitalized for less than 24 hours.
- Tax Benefits– the premiums paid for this policy can be claimed for tax deductions under Section 80 D of Income Tax Act, 1961.
The common eligibility criteria to avail this plan are:
Individual & Family Floater
Minimum Entry Age
Maximum Entry Age
Number of people covered
Self, spouse, dependent children, dependent parents and parent-in-laws
Indian resident or citizen
Cancellation of the Policy
If the policyholder disagrees with the policy's terms, he/she can cancel the contract and return the policy. However, this should be done within 15 days from the receipt or commencement date of the policy. The premiums paid by the policyholder while buying the policy will be returned to him/her after deducting taxes and stamp charges. Policy cancellation will happen if the policyholder pays out no claims.