Different Colors and Their Meaning
Here is a table showing you the meaning of different colors-
|Meaning of Colors
|Best Suited For
|The yellow color spreads happiness and sunshine.
|Living room/Drawing room
|The pink color is associated with love and kindness. It signifies creativity.
|The orange color determines excitement & enthusiasm.
|This color signifies passion, love, compassion, power, and anger. Hence, the red color evokes the energy of a room.
|Blue is the color that signifies calmness.
|The green color represents calmness, composition, and relieves stress.
|Choose darker purple shades for rich sophistication and lighter purple for relaxation.
|White – a timeless classic color that spreads calming effects. Moreover, white walls make it feel more spacious and open.
|Grey – a new ‘black’ in the town that brings comfort & warmth. This color is completely versatile and perfectly gives an edgy & modern look in darker hues.
|Metallic color adds spark and instant style to your room. It represents a creative mind and excitement.
The wall color for your bedroom stimulates peaceful and healthy living of you and your family members. Choosing the right color impacts the quality of your thoughts and demonstrates your psychology.
Best Colors for Your Bedroom
- Blue is the color of calmness & helps in lowering blood pressure.
- Green is a stress reliever color, so it will be a great choice for your bedroom.
- Lighter shades of purple, such as lilac, lavender, and plum, brings peace and prosperity to your bedroom without compromising your health.
Colors to Avoid in Your Bedroom
- Orange is a bright color and emits warmer energy. Therefore, it contradicts the relaxed mood. Moreover, this is applied to red color also.
- Since pastel blue spreads unpleasantly chilly vibes on the walls, you should avoid it in the bedroom.
A living room is a place where you and your family members spend the most time. Therefore, you must choose a color that defines the overall mood of comfort, excitement, and convenience.
Best Colors for Your Living Room
- Red is the color that represents passion and enthusiasm that grab the attention like no other color. Hence, it will be a great choice for living room walls.
- Blue encourages relaxation and disperses positivity in living room walls. However, make sure you go for softer shades of blue.
Colors to Avoid in Your Living Room
- Avoid fluorescent colors, as they produce anxiety.
- Instead of brilliant white, you must go for warmer shades of white in your living room.
The bathroom is a personal space where you can choose timeless neutral colors to make a small space feels bigger.
Best Colors for Your Bathroom
- The classic version of yellow will add some warmth and will give a cozy feel.
- An electric blue shade will definitely bring a feeling of relaxation to your bath space.
- Warmer hues of purple can easily bring a sense of calm to your bathroom.
Colors to Avoid in Your Bathroom
- Colors like red and orange will be too intense for a place like a bathroom.Avoid using these colors in your bathroom.
A kitchen is the heart of your home where the family gathers to spread happiness. Finding a perfect wall color for this space can be a challenge for you.
Best Colors for Your Kitchen
- For clean, crisp, and bright choose different shades of yellow in your kitchen.
- Warm colors of blue or green in the kitchen serve as a great choice.
Colors to Avoid in Your Kitchen
- Black and brown are too sharp colors and not associated with cooking space, therefore, avoid using these two shades in your kitchen.
The color of your room walls can significantly influence your behavior and mood. Thus, it is important to choose the right color that encourages you every day and turns your place to be healthy for you. Additionally, do not forget to buy home insurance online that protects your valuable possession against various risks.
Written By: PolicyBazaar - Updated: 14 March 2023