Why You Should Buy a Home Insurance Policy?
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits: 10627 -
Updated date : 12 December 2019
If you were asked about your costliest asset, what would it be? Undoubtedly, it has to be your house. Catastrophic devastation caused by Nepal earthquake has jolted everyone and brought to the forefront the criticality of having a home insurance. Rebuilding the house or its contents is an expensive affair and without a good home insurance it might get extremely difficult to cope up. Apart from this, there are other benefits of having a home insurance which we will explore through this article.
“For tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today”. - African proverb
Here’s why you should opt for a home insurance policy:
- To recover from natural and man-made hazards – Home insurance covers your house against damages done due to natural hazards such as earthquakes, floods, lightning etc or by human acts such as vandalism/ thefts. It also equips you financially to recover from the loss and rebuild your home.
- Covers temporary living expenses– Home insurance company will pay your expenses if you need to rent another apartment or move into a hotel temporarily, until your home is repaired/rebuilt.
- Make up for the loss/damage to your assets and personal belongings – Home insurance covers not just the structure of your home but also your personal belongings including jewellery, clothing, appliances, furniture and much more.
- Protect against liability – Liability coverage in home insurance provides coverage for personal injuries or property damage to others for which you or members of your family living with you may be legally responsible. For instance, your dog bites a neighbor or your tree falls on a neighbor's fence, if you have liability coverage then your insurer will pay for the expenses, thus protecting you from any possible legal problems.
- To avail house loan from banks – Many banks lend out a home loan on a pre-condition that the loan will only be approved if your home is insured. Home insurance, in fact, is a preliminary requirement to be eligible for a home loan.
So be prudent and agile. Insure your home against earthquake and other calamities today and ensure a bright future for you and your family.
- Most Read
- Why the Price of My Home Insurance Policy Increase Every Year?
Date: 31 July 2020
- Are You Tenant? Here’s How Renters Insurance Can Protect Your Belongings
Date: 24 July 2020
- How Much Home Insurance Do You Need?
Date: 23 July 2020
- Property and Casualty Insurance
Date: 17 June 2020
- Handy Guide- All You Need to Know About Property Insurance
Date: 10 February 2020
- 6 Things to Note Before Opting Home Insurance
Views : 18444
- Everything You Need to Know About New India Assurance Griha Suvidha
Views : 13099
- Bajaj Allianz, Bharti AXA and Cholamandalam: Comprehensive Insurance for Your Home
Views : 11093
- Why You Should Buy a Home Insurance Policy?
Views : 10627
- Secure Your Home against Calamities with Home Insurance
Views : 10425
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator
- Annuity Calculator