Understanding Cyber Insurance in India: A Cyber Insurance Checklist to Know
Cyber insurance, also known as cyber risk insurance or cyber liability insurance, is a type of insurance that provides financial protection against loss or damage resulting from cyber-attacks and other digital threats. With the growing number of cyber-attacks taking place on a regular basis in India, it is important for companies to be protected from these cyber crimes. This includes coverage for data breaches, hacking, and other malicious activities that can compromise sensitive information and disrupt business operations.Read more
Get ₹5 crore Cyber Risk Insurance for Business @ ₹2 Lakhs*
What does Cyber Insurance in India cover?
Cyber insurance policies in India can vary, but most provide coverage for the following types of losses:
- Loss of income: If a cyber attack causes a business to lose revenue, cyber insurance in India can help cover that loss. This can be especially important for small businesses, as a loss of income can be devastating and may even result in the closure of the business.
- Business interruption: If a cyber attack causes a business to shut down temporarily, cyber insurance in India can help cover the costs of that interruption. This can include the costs of restoring operations and the costs of lost business.
- Data recovery: If a cyber attack results in the loss of important data, cyber insurance in India can help cover the costs of recovering that data. This can include the costs of hiring a professional to recover the data, as well as the costs of any necessary hardware or software.
- Legal fees: If a business is sued as a result of a cyber attack, cyber insurance in India can help cover the costs of legal defence. This can include the costs of hiring a lawyer and the costs of any settlements or judgments.
- Credit monitoring: If a cyber attack results in the compromise of sensitive information, cyber insurance in India can help cover the costs of credit monitoring for affected individuals. This can include the cost of credit monitoring services and any costs associated with identity theft protection.
A Cyber Insurance Checklist for India: What to Look for in a Policy
When shopping for cyber insurance in India, it's important to consider the following:
- Coverage limits: Be sure to understand the maximum amount of coverage provided by the policy. This can include the maximum amount of coverage for each type of loss, as well as the overall maximum coverage limit.
- Exclusions: Be aware of any exclusions in the policy, such as certain types of cyber attacks or types of data that are not covered. This can include exclusions for certain types of data or certain types of cyber attacks.
- Third-party coverage: Be sure to understand what types of third-party liability are covered by the policy. This can include coverage for third-party data breaches or other types of cyber attacks.
- Cybersecurity measures: Some insurance companies in India may require certain cybersecurity measures to be in place before providing coverage. This can include things like firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and other security measures.
Cyber insurance is an essential tool for protecting businesses against the financial fallout of cyber attacks and other digital threats. With the increasing number of cyber-attacks happening in recent years in India, it is important for companies to be protected from these cyber-crimes. By understanding what cyber insurance in India covers, and having a cyber insurance checklist of what to look for in a policy, as well as the importance of cybersecurity measures, businesses can ensure they are properly protected.
Cyber insurance news
14 Feb 2023
03 Feb 2023
09 Jan 2023
09 Dec 2022
06 Dec 2022
Cyber insurance articles
28 Feb 2023Cyber insurance for the banking finance & insurance industry
14 Feb 2023Cyber insurance and cybersecurity policy are two important
14 Feb 2023In the age of digitalization, technology has become an essential
01 Feb 2023Cyber attacks are becoming increasingly frequent in India and
24 Jan 2023In today's digital age, technology has become an integral part