Tata Small Cap Fund
- 6 Months
- 1 Year
- 2 Year
- 3 Year
- 5 Year
- 7 Year
- 10 Year
- Returns Since Inception
- 6 M
- 1 Y
- 3 Y
- 5 Y
- 7 Y
- 10 Y
Tata small cap fund which was launched on 10 July 2023 is an investment fund that predominantly invests in small-cap companies. As of 21 August 2023, the fund has the current Assets Under Management (AUM) of ₹ 56.68 crores with the NAV of ₹ 10.1182. At least 65% of the fund portfolio consists of small-cap companies. This fund also provides a life cover ensuring financial security for your family.
Highlights of Tata Small Cap Fund
- Tata Small Cap Fund aims to generate long-term capital appreciation by investing in a diversified portfolio of small-cap companies with strong fundamentals.
- NIFTY Small Cap 100 is the Benchmarking Index of the Tata Small Cap Fund
- 85.15% of the funds are invested in equity assets and rest 14.85% in money market instruments and other instruments like current assets
- The majority of the sector allocation is made in financial services, pharmaceutical industry, computer programming, and electrical equipment manufacturing industries
- The top 5 holding companies of Tata Small Cap Fund are Ajanta Pharma Ltd, BSE Ltd, Equitas Small Finance Bank, Laurus Labs Ltd, and Alkem Laboratories Ltd.
- The Tata Small Cap Fund is available with the following investment plans:
- Tata AIA Life Capital Guarantee Solution Plan
- Tata AIA Life Fortune Pro Plan
- Tata AIA Life Smart Sampoorna Raksha Plan
- Tata AIA Life Fortune Maxima Plan
- One Time
Invest For (in Years)
Stay invested for (in Years)
Expected rate of return (in %)
Small cap companies are those companies that have a market capitalization of less than ₹ 5000 crores. All the companies that are ranked from the 251st position onwards in terms of market capitalisation on the NSE 500 stock market index are automatically categorised as small-cap companies.
An equity fund is a type of investment fund where your money is used to buy small pieces of many different companies, giving you a share in their profits and losses.
SIP involves regularly investing fixed amounts at specific intervals to gradually build wealth over time. (A tool called SIP Calculator helps estimate potential returns.)
A benchmark index is a portfolio of securities that represents a specific market or sector of the market. It is a standard measure used to evaluate the performance of an investment portfolio relative to the overall market or a specific sector. The benchmark index for Tata Small Cap Fund is the Nifty Small Cap 250 TRI (Total Return Index).
NAV stands for Net Asset Value. It is the price of one unit of your fund. The NAV of a fund is calculated every day after the market closes. The value of the NAV of a fund can go up or down, depending on the performance of the underlying securities.
AUM is the total value of money that a company or financial institution is currently managing for its clients or investors.
MMI is a generic term for short-term debt securities. MMIs are typically issued by governments, corporations, and financial institutions. They are used to raise short-term cash and to manage liquidity. MMIs are considered to be low-risk investments.
Capital gains occur when a fund sells a security at a higher price than it originally paid for it. These gains can be distributed to investors as capital gains distributions.
The collection of investments (equities, bonds, etc.) held by the Small Cap Fund. The fund manager selects and manages the portfolio to achieve the fund's investment objectives.
It is the allocation of the assets of a fund across different investment categories, such as equities, bonds, and cash equivalents, to achieve specific investment goals.
This means that the fund aims to grow the value of your investment over a long period, typically 5 years or more.
Both the Tata Small Cap Fund and the Tata Small Cap Fund Regular Growth are equity funds that invest in small-cap companies.
Tata Small Cap Fund is a Unit Linked Insurance Plan (ULIP fund) that combines investment options with insurance. This type of fund can be a good option for investors who are looking for both investment growth and life insurance protection.
Tata Small Cap Fund Regular Growth is a pure equity mutual fund, which means that it invests only in equities. This type of fund is suitable for investors who are comfortable with the high risk of investing in equities and who are looking for the potential for high returns.
Ultimately, the best way to decide which fund is right for you depends on your risk tolerance, your financial situation, and your investment horizon.
The 3-year returns of Tata Small Cap Fund and Tata Small Cap Fund Regular Growth are as follows:
|Fund||3-Year Return (CAGR)|
|Tata Small Cap Fund||NA*|
|Tata Small Cap Fund Regular Growth||38.74%|
*Annualised returns data not available as the scheme has not completed 1 year.
The best investment option for you will depend on your individual circumstances and risk tolerance. If you are looking for an investment option that offers life insurance protection, along with high returns, then a Tata Small Cap Fund may be a good option for you as it invests in rapidly growing small-cap companies with strong fundamentals. However, if you are looking for an investment option with more potential for growth along with high risk appetite, then Tata Small Cap Mutual Fund may be a better choice.
The returns of Tata Small Cap Fund and Tata Small Cap Mutual Fund for different time periods is as follows:
|Time Period||Tata Small Cap Fund||Tata Small Cap Mutual Fund|
*Annualised returns data not available as the scheme has not completed 1 year.
As of 21 August 2023, the NAV for Tata Small Cap Fund is ₹ 10.28. For Tata Small Cap Regular Growth and Tata Small Cap Fund Direct Growth the NAV is ₹ 27.85 and ₹ 30.44, respectively.
As of 21st August 2023, the fund size of Tata Small Cap Fund is ₹ 57 crores and the assets under management (AUM) for Tata Small Cap Mutual Fund is ₹ 5683.
The asset allocation for both the funds as of 21 August 2023 is mentioned below:
- Tata Small Cap Fund: 85.15% in equities and 14.85% in Money Market Instruments (MMI) & other instruments like current assets.
- Tata Small Cap Mutual Fund: 85.58% in domestic equities, 14.38% in MMI & other instruments and 0.22% in debt assets.
The top 5 companies in the portfolio of Tata Small Cap Fund and Tata Small Cap Mutual Fund as per the percentage of stock holdings are as follows:
- Tata Small Cap Fund: Ajanta Pharma Ltd (3.30%), BSE Ltd (3.25%), Equitas Small Finance Bank (3.25%), Laurus Labs Ltd (2.79%), Alkem Laboratories Ltd (2.77%).
- Tata Small Cap Mutual Fund: Infrastructure Development Finance Co. Ltd (4.18%), Radico Khaitan Ltd (3.37%), BASF India Ltd (3.28%), Quess Corp Ltd (3.11%), and UTI Asset Management Co. Pvt. Ltd. (2.77%).
The minimum SIP amount for Tata Small Cap Fund is ₹ 1,000 per month and for Tata Small Cap Mutual Fund is ₹ 150 per month.
Tata Small Cap Fund offers more tax benefits as compared to Tata Small Cap Mutual Funds depending on the underlying investment options.
Tax benefits of Tata Small Cap Mutual Fund:
- Long-term capital gains (LTCG) on equity mutual funds are taxed at 20% after indexation.
- Dividends received from equity mutual funds are taxed at your applicable tax bracket.
Tax benefits of Tata Small Cap Fund:
- The premiums paid towards a ULIP are eligible for a deduction under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act.
- The returns earned from a ULIP are also tax-free under Section 10(10D) of the Income Tax Act, 1961 if the annual premium payment is below Rs. 2.5 lakhs.
- The withdrawable maturity amount also attracts tax benefits as per the tax laws.
*The Returns in ULIP plans are subject to market risk and are not guaranteed. The investment risk in the policy is borne by the policyholder. The actual returns can vary depending on the performance of the chosen fund, charges towards mortality, allocation, policy admin, cost of riders, etc. The 4% and 8% illustration is neither the minimum or maximum limit that you may get as a policyholder.
*The maturity amount of Rs 1 Cr. is for a 30 year old healthy individual investing Rs 10,000/- per month for 30 years, with assumed rates of returns @ 8% p.a. that is not guaranteed and is not the upper or lower limits as the value of your policy depends on a number of factors including future investment performance. The investment risk in the portfolio is borne by the policyholder. Life insurance is available in this product. For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure carefully before concluding a sale.
*The maturity amount of Rs 50 Lakhs. is for a 30 year old healthy individual investing Rs 10,000/- per month for 30 years, with assumed rates of returns @ 4% p.a. that is not guaranteed and is not the upper or lower limits as the value of your policy depends on a number of factors including future investment performance. The investment risk in the portfolio is borne by the policyholder. Life insurance is available in this product.
~Source -: Google Review Rating available on: http://bit.ly/3J20bXZSTANDARD
All Data Source - Value Research
TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY.For more details on risk factors, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure and benefit illustration carefully before concluding a sale.
Policybazaar is a registered Insurance Broker | Registration No. 742, Registration Code No. IRDA/ DB 797/ 19, Valid till 09/06/2024, License category- Direct Broker (Life & General) |CIN: U74999HR2014PTC053454 | Registered Office - Plot No.119, Sector - 44, Gurgaon, Haryana – 122001 |Visitors are hereby informed that their information submitted on the website may be shared with insurers. Product information is authentic and solely based on the information received from the insurers.©️ Copyright 2008-2023 policybazaar.com. All Rights Reserved