- 24X7Claim Assistance &
Free Customer Support
- 20 Lakh+Happy & Satisfied Customers
- Rs. 1 LakhAccident Cover @ Rs. 2/Day
- 100%Claim Support
We promise limited calls
5 Common Mistakes in Choosing Two Wheeler Insurance
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 90905 -
Modified 21 December 2017
There are several terminologies in two-wheeler insurance, which are not well-known to a common man. These terminologies make the policy wording difficult to understand and confuse the customers at the same time. Many times, people buy wrong two-wheeler insurance when he or she does not have adequate knowledge of the same.
The matter of the fact is that there are some mandatory demands of motor insurance under the law, which make buying insurance much more complex. Do not confuse when buying a two wheeler insurance policy and read further to know about some common mistakes that you should avoid doing while buying two-wheeler insurance policies.
Common Mistakes in Choosing Two Wheeler Insurance
1. Lack of Research
Customers buying two wheeler insurance policies for the first time fail to do research and explore various options thoroughly. If you also need to purchase one, always make sure you do a proper research when planning. Always make sure you do a comparative study of benefits and premiums of different two-wheeler insurance policies available in the market. This may help you to find similar benefits at a much more affordable premium rate. In addition, you can also find out the customer review about the policy and the company reputation, which will help you to buy the best policy across the market.
2. Looking for cheaper policy
Price is definitely the point of concern for all of us, especially for the policy that offers multiple benefits and coverage. Always look for an affordable two-wheeler insurance, but do not make it your primary concern and the deciding factor. You may think that the policy with the lowest premium will be the best option for you, but many times these policies do not offer coverage against huge losses or damages to your two-wheeler.
3. Selecting Small Deductibles
Many individuals choose small deductibles in their policy when they are buying two-wheeler insurance policies online, as they believe that the small deductible amounts are more beneficial. The actual picture shows that more profitable policies are those that last long as compared to traditional one-year two-wheeler insurance policies.
4. Not Claiming the No Claim Bonus
In case you do not make any claims during the policy term, you are eligible to receive a No-Claim Bonus at the time of buying a new policy or renewing the existing one. The No-claim bonus is a discount offered by the insurer to the policyholder on the premium payable for the next year. So, keep this in mind while renewing your two wheeler insurance policy.
5. Not reading the terms and conditions of the policy
This is one of the most common mistakes we make while buying two-wheeler insurance policies. So, make sure you read the policy wording in detail and do not ignore the exclusion list of the policy. It may be that the most important type of coverage or benefit you seek falls under the exclusion list of the policy. Before making any decision, do read the underwritten terms and conditions thoroughly.
|You may also like to Read: Consequences of not buying Two-Wheeler Insurance|
Avoid these mistakes while purchasing a two-wheeler insurance policy. To find the best insurance policy for your two-wheeler, make sure you compare different policies online, based on the coverage, benefits, and premium amounts associated with each of them.
- Most Read
- Buying Two-Wheeler Insurance? Here is Everything you Need to know About Two-Wheeler Insurance
Date: 25 September 2018
- Buying Two-Wheeler Insurance? Optimize Your Premium Using Two-Wheeler Insurance Calculator
Date: 21 September 2018
- Here is Everything you Need to know About Bike Insurance Inclusions and Exclusions
Date: 18 September 2018
- Zero Dep vs. Comprehensive Two Wheeler Insurance Cover- Which one is Better?
Date: 17 September 2018
- How to Renew Bike Insurance Online?
Date: 12 September 2018
- Renew Your Two Wheeler Break-in Insurance Policy at PolicyBazaar
Views : 176594
- Two Wheeler Insurance Plans
Views : 112924
- 5 Common Mistakes in Choosing Two Wheeler Insurance
Views : 90905
- Consequences Of Not Buying A Two-Wheeler Insurance
Views : 89784
- Lost Your Two Wheeler Insurance Documents? Here Is What You Need To Do
Views : 87008