Cashless Two-Wheeler Insurance
The cashless claim is a service benefit provided by the insurer to the insured for getting the bike repaired in one of the network garages. Under this service, the insurer pays off the liability of repairing the two-wheeler after an accident.
It requires lesser formalities to go through to raise a claim. The insurer sends the surveyor as soon as possible to the location or the garage to check the extent of damage according to which the insurer will settle the claim.
Several insurers provide two-wheeler insurance. The insurance companies tip-ups with two-wheeler garages that provide cashless services to the policyholder.
Benefits of Cashless Two-wheeler Insurance
When you get your bike to a cashless garage for repairing, here are the benefits you get to enjoy:
When you take your damaged bike to a network garage, the garage keeps your bike on priority and takes lesser time to repair.
When you get your bike repaired in a network garage, the insurance company takes care of everything making it less hassling for you.
Insurance companies keep an eye on their network garages and their up-gradation. They make sure that they have a good history of satisfying their customers. These garages keep genuine spare parts and charge accordingly.
Smooth Claim Settlement
These network garages offer a smoother claim settlement process as you do not have to worry about paying for the repair.
Mind at Peace
Since you do not have to worry about the expenses in case your bike gets damaged in an accident, you get to keep your peace of mind. The insurers take care of almost everything.
Here’s How You Get Cashless Claim Under Bike Insurance
For Cashless Claim Settlement, you’ll have to go through the steps given below:
- If your bike damages a third-party vehicle then you will have to file an FIR at the nearby police station and get a copy of the FIR.
- However, you need to inform your insurer about the accident. You can either call them or do it online.
- Then you will have to check for the nearby garage from the point of accident and take the damaged two-wheeler according to the make and model of the bike.
- Once the repair is complete, the insurer will make the payment and you can take your bike.
- If the repairing cost of the bike crosses the IDV of the policy then you will have to pay the extra amount in the bill.
However, in case you do not take your bike to a network garage then you will have to make the payment and the insurer reimburse the paid amount.
Documents You Need To Provide To File Claim
To Raise Third-Party Claim
You need to provide the following documents to raise the claim in case of third-party liability:
- Claim Form
- FIR copy
- Valid Driving License
- Registration Certificate
To Raise Theft Claim
Following documents are to be submitted:
- Claim Form
- RC of two-wheeler
- FIR Copy
- Policy Documents
- Subrogation Letter
- Previous insurance info. If necessary
To Raise Accidental Claim
Documents required To raise Accidental claim:
- Copy of Insurance
- FIR copy (If required)
- Valid Driving License
- Original Receipt of Payment along with the invoice of repair
- Any Other Documents as per the insurer requirement
Why Cashless Claim Is Better Than Reimbursement
The cashless claim is a better and smoother process than the reimbursement. Here’s why:
- When you take your bike to a network garage, the insurer makes sure your bike gets repaired on priority.
- You do not have to make the payment for the repairing as the insurer does it on your behalf whereas, in reimbursement, you have to make the payment and the insurer reimburse the paid amount in a few days.
It is recommended to opt for the best two wheeer insurance company that has a wide network of garages tied up with them. It is for your convenience so that in case your bike gets damaged anywhere in the country, there would be a high chance of you finding a network garage nearby and getting the cashless claim. You can easily check the number of network garages of an insurance company online by visiting their official website.
Two Wheeler insurance articles
29 Feb 2024In India, owning a bike is not just a mode of transportation; it
21 Feb 2024Breaking, violating, or disobeying traffic rules is an offence
15 Feb 2024Every bike insurance policy comes with specific clauses. One of
09 Feb 2024If you are cruising the bustling streets of your city in your
11 Jan 2024When it comes to two-wheelers in India, having third-party bike