Go Digit Bharat Griha Raksha Policy: Key Benefits
||Maximum 10 Years
||Villas, Standalone Buildings, and Flats
- Home contents are to be covered at 20% of SI
- Auto escalation of SI
- Fire & Special Perils are covered
- Acts of terrorism are covered
- Loss of rent and loss of accommodation.
- In-built coverage for the architect, surveyor, and consulting engineers’ fees.
- Covers the costs of removing debris from the insured site.
- Cover for valuable content on an agreed value basis.
- Personal Accident (PA) cover up to Rs. 5 Lakh/person.
|Cancellation of Policy
*Disclaimer- For understanding the exact coverage and its benefits, go through the policy wordings available on the official website of the insurer.
Add-on Covers Go Digit Bharat Griha Raksha Policy
Under the Go Digit Bharat Griha Raksha policy there are two types of optional covers available-
Personal Accident (PA) Cover
The policy offers coverage in case of an insured peril that has caused damage to the home structure or home content, which further causes an unfortunate death of the policyholder or their spouse. In such cases, the policy pays compensation of Rs. 5 Lakhs per person.
Moreover, if the insured peril results in the death of the policyholder's death, then this coverage shall continue for the spouse until the policy expires.
Valuable Contents Coverage on Agreed Value Basis
This optional coverage compensates for the loss or damage of insured valuables up to the agreed value. If the valuables of your home are physically damaged by any insured perils, the insurer pays the repairing costs. In case of a total loss of valuable contents, the insurer pays according to the policy terms.
Remember that for valuable content, the policyholder and insurance provider agree upon a SI (Sum Insured). In addition, a valuation certificate is required if the SI is more than Rs. 5 Lakh. The insurer shall waive the requirement of this certificate if the SI opted for is up to Rs. 5 Lakh and the individual item value is not more than Rs. 1 Lakh.
You may also like to read: SBI General Bharat Griha Raksha Policy
Inclusions of Go Digit Bharat Griha Raksha Policy
The Go Digit Bharat Griha Raksha Policy ensures that the insured property is covered for any loss or damage from several risks like fire, storm, floods, earthquake, etc. The following are the inclusions of the Go Digit Bharat Griha Raksha Policy-
- Coverage for physical loss or damage to the insured property by fire, explosion, implosion, or lightning.
- Destruction/loss caused by volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, tsunamis, typhoons, tempests, hurricanes, floods, storms, hurricanes, etc.
- Coverage for the destruction caused due to the subsidence of the land on which your insured building structure stands.
- Loss/damage due to bushfire, jungle fire, and forest fire covered.
- Loss/damage due to bursting/overflowing of pipes or water tanks covered.
- Loss/damage due to acts of terrorism are covered as per the terrorism clause given by the insurer.
- Loss/damage because of strikes, malicious activities, and riots covered.
- Loss/damage due to automatic sprinkler leakage covered.
- Any impact damage due to physical objects such as a falling tree, aircraft, vehicles, etc. is covered.
- Loss or damage to the insured property or its content due to theft within 7 days from the occurrence of any of the above-mentioned events.
- The policy has in-built coverage for the architect, surveyor, and consulting engineers’ fees to repair the damaged building structure.
- The policy offers coverage for the loss of rent or rent of alternative accommodation in case the insured home structure is not fit for stay due to a physical loss.
- The policy covers the costs of removing debris from the insured site.
Exclusions of Go Digit Bharat Griha Raksha Policy
The Go Digit Bharat Griha Raksha policy does not provide coverage for the damages for the below-mentioned events-
- Any intentional damage or loss to the house.
- Any damages due to war, invasion, and war-like activities.
- Any damage, loss, or destruction caused to the insured property by order of public authority is not covered.
- No coverage if any article or thing that is attached from the outside of the insured house causes damage.
- No coverage for the fees, costs, or expenses incurred to prepare any claim.
- Any losses incurred due to any war or war-like situations and invasion.
- Any damage caused to bullion or precious stones, vehicles, manuscripts, and explosive substances is not covered.
Who Can Buy Go Digit Bharat Griha Raksha Policy?
The Go Digit Bharat Griha Raksha Policy is well-designed standard property insurance for all homeowners. The policy offers coverage against damages/losses due to nature's fury, such as floods, landslides, rockslides, earthquakes, storms, etc. Apart from this, the policy takes care of the home contents as well.
However, if you are a tenant living in a rented place, then you can also purchase home content coverage available under this policy. This will help you in keeping your belongings protected from unforeseen circumstances.
Claim Procedure for Go Digit Bharat Griha Raksha Policy
In case you suffer any loss due to an insured event, you must make a claim as early as possible. To make your claim process successful under Go Digit Bharat Griha Raksha Policy, follow the below steps-
- Give immediate notice to the appropriate legal authorities in case of fire, explosion, implosion, subsidence, landslide, etc.
- In case of strikes, riots, malicious damages, and acts of terrorism, inform the police authorities as early as possible. In addition, in case there is a theft within 07 days following insured perils, inform the police.
- Intimate the insurer as early as possible if any physical loss or damage occurs to your insured home or its content due to any perils mentioned in your policy documents.
- Take all the measures to prevent further loss or damage, Moreover, do not move, sell, or dispose of any damaged items until the insurer inspects the situation.
- Submit the duly filled and signed claim form at the earliest but within 30 days from the date of the event. You can easily download the claim form available on the official website of the insurer or by visiting the nearest branch office.
- Based on the surveyor's report prepared by the insurance company, you will be compensated for the damages caused to your insured house.