Digit Home Insurance
A home insurance policy is property insurance that helps you to cover your rented apartment or own home, and your items that are within various unforeseen circumstances like fires, burglaries, explosions, and storm.
Digit Home Insurance protects your property from fire and natural calamities like floods and earthquakes through Standard Fire & Perils plan, whereas through its Burglary Policy, the company protects against burglary. However, both of these plans are combined within a single policy, i.e. Digit Home Insurance.
Features and Benefits of Digit Home Insurance Policy:
Purchasing a house is one of the biggest investments that you make as you spend almost all your earnings on it. Along with the structure, your home contains valuable items that range from your jewelry to its beautiful interiors. So, protecting it is your responsibility and a home insurance policy is what you should opt for. Digit Home Insurance is one such home insurance plan that provides the following features and benefits to safeguard your home:
- Provides Value for Money: When we think about home insurance, we consider it an expensive affair. This is because it is all about protecting one of the most valuable assets. However, you should not worry as Digit Home Insurance ensures that your home is covered with its assets and it makes sure that it is affordable to your pocket.
- Offers Options for Renters: More and more people nowadays are preferring rented apartments and Digit Home Insurance understands that. This is why it does not matter whether you own a home or live in a rented apartment, your place can easily be protected with a home insurance plan of your choice.
- Do Everything Online: With digital insurance, you do not have to worry about going to their office for purchase and renewal of your selected home insurance policy as everything is available online. Moreover, with lesser paperwork, you can purchase your home insurance from Digit Insurance online.
- 24x7 Customer Support: Emergencies come without giving any prior intimation. This is the reason; the customer support of the company is available 24X7.
Types of Digit Home Insurance Plans:
The Digit General Insurance company offers three options under home insurance plan:
- Option 1: Under option 1, cover for only the contents of the home are covered. Here, your personal belongings are considered as contents of the home.
- Option 2: Under this option, the house with its contents are covered.
- Option 3: Under option 3, the properties of the house along with the content of the home and your jewelry are covered.
Note: You must know the following things about Digit Home Insurance policy:
- Structure and Building: Under a home insurance policy offered by Digit General Insurance Company, the building represents the physical aspect of the house.
- Content: Under content, personal belongings of the house are covered. Therefore, things like your furniture are also covered.
Inclusions of Digit Home Insurance
Digit Home Insurance offers coverage for the following risks:
- Fires: Fires are really dangerous and can lead to many losses and damages to not only your home but its contents as well. However, Digit Home Insurance policy provides coverage for such situations.
- Storms: A Digit Home Insurance policy also covers your home and its contents from the storm that may lead to potential losses and damages.
- Aircraft Damage and Explosion: Losses and damages that are caused by explosions or by aircraft damage are also covered in Digit Home Insurance.
- Floods: When rains are heavy and causing flood, your home can be impacted by it. In such situations, a Digit Home Insurance policy provided your protection. An insurance plan offered by Digit Home Insurance provides coverage against loss or damage caused due to flood.
- Earthquakes: Nobody can avoid furies of nature, however, what you can do is make sure you are covered for any potential damages and losses that may come your way due to an earthquake. A home insurance policy offered by Digit as well provides you coverage for losses and damages that can occur because of an earthquake.
- Burglaries: Burglaries are common in residential properties of India. However, if you have secured your home with a home insurance plan offered by Digit General Insurance Company, you can safeguard your home against losses and damages.
Who Can Apply for Digit Home Insurance?
Digit Home Insurance policy can be purchased by the below-mentioned people:
- Renters: If you are living in a rented home, it does not matter, as Digit Home Insurance policy provides coverage for rented properties as well. This is because your home is where your personal belongings are. From your electronic gadgets to the furniture of your home, everything is at risk in case of issues like floods, fire, and a robbery. Even though not all the insurance providers offer home insurance plans for renters, Digit Home Insurance provides insurance policies for the same so that everyone can be covered.
- Owners of Home: If you have purchased a home recently, you should have a home insurance policy in your list of priorities. This is because you already have spent enough money on your newly constructed home and the least that you can do to keep the valuable items of your home safe and secure is get a home insurance policy.
Types of Home Covered in a Digit Home Insurance Policy
From independent houses to an apartment on rent, every type of home is covered in a Digit Home Insurance policy.
- Independent Building: When you and your extended family members stay together in a standalone building wherein some of you own a flat or some a reliving in the rented home of that building only. In this case, you can select to get cover for them all in a single home insurance policy, which can be done by opting Digit Home Insurance plan.
- Individual Flat: This type of home insurance plan offered by Digit is for those who live in an independent apartment that can be either part of a standalone building or housing society. This same can be either can be rented or owned by you. The Digit Home Insurance is suitable for both.
- Independent Villa: If you are living in a rented house or villa or own one, a home insurance policy is there to protect your house and its belongings. Digit Home Insurance is there to protect your home and its contents from burglaries, storms, floods, and various other unforeseen situations.