Cholamandalam Home Insurance
Cholamandalam Ms General Insurance Company Ltd. is a joint venture between the Murugappa Group and Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Group of Japan. Chola Ms brings a host of specially designed insurance plans such as Accident plans, engineering plans, health plans, etc. The group has been doing extremely well in the Indian market through a vast network of 113 branches and 7500 agents.
Home Insurance Plans
Having their own house is an integral part of every person. No matter how big or small, Flat or Bungalow, every person dreams about it. After all, having your own house is a symbol of both financial affluence and emotional safety. However, one can’t deny the fact that the house is prone to many potential threats like burglary, theft, fire, and natural disasters like earthquakes, tornados, and storms.
Thus, it needs care, safety, and protection from any of unforeseen damages and disasters
The Cholamandalam home insurance plans are an ideal way to protect and safeguard the hard-earned serene dwelling from such unexpected dangers. The home insurance plans offered by Chola Ms not only protect the house externally but also cover the assets and valuable owned along with the structure.
Chola MS Home Insurance Package Plan
- A comprehensive home insurance plan that protects your valuable property not just on the whole but also the structure, the home contents, and the family members against unforeseen unfortunate and unforeseen events.
- An option to protect and safeguard your complete assets along with the home.
- Protection from burglary & housebreaking to domestic and electrical appliances, and even the structure & contents of the house.
- Plan covers for self-owned houses as well as contents of rented houses.
- Low premiums & Flexibility to choose the cover as per requirement.
- Simple documentation and hassle-free onboarding process.
- Dedicated customer support for all your questions and issues.
- Quick and simple claim process.
Cholamandalam Home Insurance Coverage
- Damage to the home due to factors such as fire, earthquake, lightning, landslide, flood, cyclone, and storm, overflow/bursting of water tanks, strikes, riots, malicious acts, acts of terrorism, and damage due to aircraft or any articles dropped from an aircraft.
- Damage and loss due to house break-ins or burglary
- Damage or loss of Jewellery and valuables belongings, due to accident or misfortune within India
- Accidental breakage of Plate glass.
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown of Domestic appliances.
- Total loss due to mechanical or electrical breakdown or due to an accident of Domestic electronic equipment.
- Loss or damage to baggage during travel within India
- Personal accident cover in the event of loss of life and repatriation of mortal remains for up to four persons.
- Cost to conduct death ceremonies.
Cholamandalam Home Insurance Plan Exclusions
- Loss, destruction, or damage caused by war, invasion, the act of a foreign enemy, hostilities or warlike operations, civil war, mutiny, etc.
- Loss or damage due to depreciation or wear and tear.
- Loss of earnings, loss by delay, loss of market, or consequential or indirect loss or damage of any kind or depreciation including those caused by spoilage.
- Loss, damage, or destruction of the insured property due to pollution or contamination.
- Damage or loss to motor house/property, cycles, or livestock.
- Damage or loss to consumable items.
- Damage for which the supplier or the manufacturer of the property is responsible, under the Maintenance Agreement.
- Defects, flaws, partial fractures, or cracks that develop over time but do not necessitate immediate stoppage, although repair or replacement of the parts might be needed in the future.
- Deterioration, wearing away or wearing out of any item due to normal use or exposure.
- Damage due to wilful gross negligence or a willful act of the plan holder or his employee(s).
- Damage is caused by faults that pre-existed the commencement of the current insurance plan and not known to the plan holder, regardless of whether such defects or faults were known to the company or not.
Chola Long Term Dwellings
- Long Term Dwellings for Buildings is a unique insurance cover plan covering apartments or flats that are used for residential purposes.
- This plan is owned by the policyholder who is located in an independent building or multi-story building which does not come under Kutcha Construction. The building must include the superstructure that includes windows, doors, plumbing, and electrical work.
- This plan does not include the contents that are inside the building.
- The normal tenure of this policy is one year and hence it is renewable every year. However, a policy for the long term can be issued for a tenure of not less than three years for insuring the premises used as a residence.
- The maximum tenure for this policy is 25 years at one time or until the policyholder reaches the age of 50 years, whichever is earlier.
- The policyholder has to submit the full premium amount at the starting of the policy and a discount in the premium is offered for such insurance for the long-term.
- The sum insured from Rs. 15 lakhs to Rs. 1 Crore for the building is offered. A policy seeker can select from various available options.
Cholamandalam Home Insurance Plan Benefit
This Home Insurance plan for long term dwellings protects against the below-mentioned situations for buildings:
- Fire, lightning, implosions, explosions, strike, riots, or malicious acts
- Earthquakes, landslide, and subsidence including the rockslide
- Flood, inundation, storm, typhoon, tempest, tornado, hurricane, or cyclone
- Missile testing operations
- Acts of terrorism (optional)
General Terms and Conditions of the Cholamandalam Home insurance Plans
- Notice shall be given in writing to the Company immediately upon the occurrence of an accident and in the event of any claim. Every letter claim writ summons and/or process shall be forwarded to the Company immediately on receipt by the insured.
- Notice shall also be given in writing to the Company immediately the insured shall know any impending Prosecution Inquest or Fatal Inquiry in respect of any accident which may give rise to a claim under this Plan.
- No admission, offer, promise, payment, or indemnity shall be made or given by or on behalf of the insured without the written consent of the Company which shall be entitled if it so desires to take over and conduct in the name of the insured the defense or settlement of any claim or to prosecute in the name of the insured for its benefit any claim for indemnity or otherwise and shall have full discretion in the conduct of any proceedings or the settlement of any claim and the Insured shall give all such information and assistance as the Company may require.
- If the Company shall make any payment in settlement of any claim and such payment includes any amount not covered by this Plan the insured shall repay to the Company the amount not so covered.
- The insured shall take all reasonable steps to maintain the insured property in efficient condition and the company shall have at all times free and full access to examine the insured house/property or any part thereof.
- The Company may cancel the plan by sending seven days to notice by recorded delivery to the insured at the insured's last known address and in such event will return to the insured the premium paid less the pro-rata portion thereof for the period the plan has been in force or the
- Return of the premium by the company will be subject to retention of the minimum premium of Rs.100/- (or Rs.25/- in respect of house/property’s specifically designed/modified for use by blind/handicapped/mentally challenged persons). Where the ownership of the house/property is transferred, the plan cannot be canceled unless evidence that the house/property is insured elsewhere is produced.
- If at the time of occurrence of an event that gives rise to any claim under this plan there is in existence any other insurance covering the same liability, the Company shall not be liable to pay or contribute more than its ratable proportion of any compensation, cost or expense.
- If any dispute or difference shall arise as to the quantum to be paid under this plan (liability being otherwise admitted), such difference shall independent of all other questions be referred to the decision of a sole arbitrator to be appointed in writing by the parties to the dispute or if they cannot agree upon a single arbitrator within 30 days of any party invoking Arbitration, the same shall be referred to a panel of three arbitrators comprising two arbitrators one to be appointed by each of the parties to the dispute/difference, and a third arbitrator to be appointed by such two arbitrators who shall act as the presiding arbitrator and Arbitration shall be conducted under and by the provisions of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996.
- The due observance and fulfillment of the terms, conditions, and endorsement of this Plan in so far as they relate to anything to be done or complied with by the insured and the truth of the statements and answers in the said proposal shall be conditions precedent to any liability of the Company to make any payment under this Plan.
- In the event of the death of the sole insured, this plan will not immediately lapse but will remain valid for three months from the date of the death of the insured or until the expiry of this plan (whichever is earlier). During the said period, the legal heir(s) of the insured to whom the custody and use of the Motor House/property passes may apply to have this Plan transferred to the name(s) of the heir(s) or obtain a new insurance plan for House/property.
- For cases where such legal heir(s) desire(s) to apply for transfer of this plan or obtain a new plan for the house/property, such heir(s) should make an application to the Company accordingly within the aforesaid period. All such applications should be accompanied by: -
- Death Certificate in respect of the insured
- Proof of title to the house/property
- Original Plan.
Cholamandalam Home Insurance - FAQ's
You can pay your insurance premium in THREE ways
Direct Bank Debit (Auto Debit): You can avail the auto-debit facility/directly transfer the cash to the Cholamandalam MS General Insurance’s bank account.
Online Payment: Pay your premium online using your Debit/Credit card on the e-Portal
Mobile Payment: Recently the insurer has launched a mobile application to pay the insurance premium.
Existing policyholders can log into the insurer’s website with their valid login details to check the policy status. New users must create their accounts first and then can check their policy status. It just takes 5 minutes to register.
Online or mobile registered users can directly renew their policy on the go. However, for others, they must visit any of the nearest branches in the city to fill up the renewal form and attach a cheque of the premium amount.
Process for online users
Step 1: Please log in with your login ID and password on the e-Portal
Step 2: Choose mode of Payment- Debit/Credit card, Net Banking
Step 3: Complete payment and print the cyber receipt
Cholamandalam MS General Insurance ensures claims are settled within a specific period of 30 days, provided the claims form is duly filled and the essential documents are attached and deposited in any of the branches in the city.
To cancel the policy you need to walk into any of the nearest branch offices in your city with your policy documents and a duly filled surrender form. The premium refund will be made, upon deducting the applicable charges.