Edelweiss Commercial Vehicle Insurance
Edelweiss commercial vehicle insurance policy is designed for both goods carrying and passenger carrying vehicles. Edelweiss General Insurance Company provides access to 1500 cashless garages to its customers. The claims are settled quickly and priority services are provided at their preferred workshops. Read more
Edelweiss General Insurance Company Limited understands their customer needs, and provide them with a comprehensive commercial vehicles package insurance so that the insured vehicle is protected when it’s needed the most.
Inclusions of Edelweiss Commercial Vehicle Insurance Policies
Edelweiss commercial vehicle insurance policy provides two types of coverage benefits
- Third-party Liability Insurance
- Comprehensive Package Insurance
- Personal Accident Cover
Edelweiss Third-party Commercial Vehicle Insurance:
Third-Party Commercial vehicle Insurance protects the insured against any third party legal and financial liabilities arising due to an accident with the insured vehicle.
Third-Party Insurance offers limited coverage. It includes bodily injuries, property damage, and death of a third party. Commercial vehicle insurance premium for 3rd-party insurance is lesser than a comprehensive insurance policy.
Inclusions of third-party liability insurance:
- Liabilities towards damage to the third-party vehicle involved in the accident
- Liabilities towards bodily injuries to the third-party individual or occupants involved in the accident
- Legal liabilities caused to non-fare paying passengers
- Third-party property damage cover is provided up to Rs 7.5 lakh
Additional Covers at Extra Cost:
- Personal accident cover for the occupants of the motor vehicle up to Rs 2 lakh per person
- Additional legal liability cover for your Paid Drivers, Employees other than a paid driver, who are travelling in the vehicle
- Liabilities arising due to use of LPG/CNG bi-fuel kit
Exclusions of the Edelweiss Third-party Commercial Vehicle Insurance:
Third-party commercial vehicle insurance does not cover the following -
- Damage Caused to the Insured Vehicle – Edelweiss third-party commercial vehicle insurance doesn’t cover the loss, damage, and theft of the policy holder’s vehicle.
- Injury to self - During an accidental collision, the policyholder doesn’t get any compensation for his own damage. Only the damage caused to a third-party is covered.
Edelweiss Comprehensive Commercial Vehicle Insurance:
Edelweiss comprehensive commercial vehicle insurance, as the name suggests, is an extensive motor insurance policy with extra benefits. Apart from third party insurance cover, it also compensates for the loss or damage caused to the insured vehicle. It also covers theft of the insured vehicle.
It is recommended to buy a comprehensive commercial motor insurance policy as it covers both own damage and third-party damage.
Coverage/Inclusions of Comprehensive Commercial Vehicle Insurance Policy:
- Loss or damage due to natural disasters such as lightning, earthquake, flood, typhoon, hurricane, storm, landslide, cyclone, etc.
- Loss or damage caused by man-made disasters such as burglary, theft, riots, strike, or terrorist activities.
- Towing Disabled Vehicles- When the insured vehicle insured is used for towing anyone mechanically propelled disabled vehicle, the policy covers third-party liabilities arising during the course of towing as per the vehicle’s indemnity limits.
- Damages to the vehicle while in transit by road, water or train.
- Personal accident cover including the accidental demise of the driver and permanent disabilities resulting due to an accident. Some motor insurance providers also provide optional insurance coverage for the co-passengers.
As comprehensive insurance provides wide coverage, it is the first pick despite the higher premiums. Edelweiss commercial vehicle insurance premiums for comprehensive insurance are usually higher as compared to a third-party insurance policy. It is suggested for every goods carrying or passenger-carrying vehicle owner to stay protected with an all-inclusive insurance policy.
Comprehensive vehicle insurance also covers-
- Liabilities towards the damages caused to the third-party vehicle involved in the accident
- Liabilities towards the injuries caused to the third-party involved in the accident
Exclusions of Comprehensive Commercial Vehicle Insurance Policy:
- This type of vehicle insurance does not offer any coverage if the accident occurs while driving under the influence of alcohol
- A vehicle being driven by an individual not holding a bona fide driving license
- Mechanical breakdown or wear and tear of the vehicle
- Loss or damage of vehicle tyres unless the vehicle is also damaged
Personal Accident Cover
The personal accident coverage limit is up to Rs 15 lakh. In case of injuries sustained by the driver or owner of the insured vehicle while driving it or mounting or dismounting from it, the coverage for any injuries or death resulting within initial 6 months from the incidence shall be compensated as mentioned in the table below -
Type of Injury
Loss of either or both the eyes and limbs
Loss of one eye or limb
Permanent or total disabilities
On payment of an additional premium, you can get personal accident cover for the unnamed passengers (other than insured). The compensation for the same shall be compensated as mentioned in the table above.
To enhance your policy coverage you can opt for the following coverage benefits by paying an additional premium:
- Coverage for CNG/LPG bi-fuel kit that is installed in the insured vehicle
- Coverage for Electrical or Non-electrical fittings in the insured passenger-carrying vehicle
- Personal accident cover for unnamed passengers up to a limit of RS 2 lakh per person
- Extension of the scope of geographical cover to the neighboring countries of Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Bhutan, Maldives, and Sri Lanka
- Coverage for tyres, lamps, tubes, side parts bumpers mudguards, bonnet, headlights, and paintwork of only the damaged portion
- Fibreglass fuel tanks
- Legal Liability cover for paid drivers and non-fare paying passengers/employees travelling in the vehicle
- Extension of Geographical Area
No-claim that is available shall be as per the table given below:
Percentage of Discount on Own-Damage Premium
No-claims till one-year
No-claims till two-years
No-claims till three-years
No-claims till four-years
No-claims till five-years
Benefits of Buying Edelweiss Commercial Vehicle Insurance Online
One of the greatest benefits of purchasing an Edelweiss commercial vehicle online is that you do not have to run from pillar to post. In the comfort of your home or workplace, you can get your vehicle insured.
The process is also quite convenient and simplified. You can compare various insurance plans online on Policybazaar.com, check the policy features and benefits, and pick the one that meets most of your needs.
Using an online vehicle insurance premium calculator, you can calculate Edelweiss commercial vehicle insurance premium within seconds. It gives you a fair idea of the expenses and accordingly you can choose the plan.
If you purchase Edelweiss commercial vehicle insurance online, you can avail benefits like- secure payment gateway and insurance renewal reminder.
You can easily pay the policy premium using online payment options like a credit card, debit card, net banking, and UPI.
Edelweiss Commercial Vehicle Insurance Renewal
The policy can easily be renewed online on Policybazaar’s website and the process is given below:
- Enter your vehicle number
- View commercial vehicle insurance prices
- Select your City and the RTO
- Get the vehicle insurance quotes and premium estimate based on the details provided
- Enter personal details like the policyholder’s name, address, geographical location, contact number, etc.
- Pay online and the policy will be mailed to you
Edelweiss Commercial Vehicle Insurance Claim Settlement
The insurer provides an immediate intimation of the claim number to the insured over email/message.
- For each claim, a dedicated claims person is allotted
- The surveyor is appointed on the same day
- Letter of requirement is provided within 3 days from the insurer or the surveyor with simple documents
- Edelweiss commercial vehicle claim settlement is done within 7 days of receiving the final documents
- The payment details are then communicated to the policyholder
- Edelweiss General Insurance has a robust grievance handling team to ensure an immediate solution to your claim related queries
Edelweiss Commercial Vehicle Insurance FAQs
Ans: Anyone who owns a vehicle registered as a commercial vehicle that is used for goods carrying and passenger carrying purposes can buy Edelweiss commercial vehicle insurance policy.
Ans: Yes, the insurer provides No-claim-bonus up to 50% for not filing a claim during the policy term.
Ans: Upon document submission, the claims are settled within 7 days.
Ans: The policy will provide coverage for 1 year.
Ans: Yes, the insurer appoints a surveyor who assesses the vehicle for the damages incurred.
Secure your commercial vehicle
Renew via self video inspection
Lowest premium starting ₹ 3,211
Standard T&C Apply.
Commercial Vehicle insurance articles
16 Sep 2022Due to easy commutes, and low fares, the demand for
16 Sep 2022Buses are passenger-carrying heavy-duty commercial vehicles that
07 Sep 2022Auto rickshaws have been the best mode of last-mile connectivity
06 Sep 2022In India, you must have seen different types of commercial
27 Jul 2022If you are planning to buy a private bus for setting up a transport