United India Commercial Vehicle Insurance
United India Commercial Vehicle Insurance policy is designed in a way that it protects your commercial vehicle against any unwanted situation like vehicle damage due to an accident. You can purchase a commercial vehicle insurance policy by United India offline by visiting any of its branches. You can as well purchase United India Commercial Vehicle insurance online by visiting the official website of the company. Read more
United India Commercial Vehicle Insurance – Key Features
The main reason to purchase commercial vehicle insurance by United India Insurance Company is to protect the financial crisis from the cost of repair. United India Commercial Vehicle Insurance policy offers comprehensive insurance for the commercial vehicles. This means it not only provides coverage for third-party loss or damage but it also offers coverage against any accidental damage or loss to own vehicle. In addition to this, the policy also protects against bodily injury or death in case of an accident. The key features of a United India Commercial Vehicle Insurance are as follows:
- Provides insurance coverage for loss or damage to an insured commercial vehicle.
- Personal accident cover is available for the driver and/ or owner.
- Provides liability coverage to third-party.
- No Claim Bonus is also offered.
- Provides facility of towing of a disabled commercial vehicle.
- Cashless claim settlement is offered at network workshops or garages.
- The company provides additional cover to extend the insurance coverage.
United India Commercial Vehicle Insurance – Inclusions
United Indian Commercial Vehicle Insurance policy comes with many benefits that can be included under its inclusions. With a comprehensive commercial vehicle insurance policy, United India Insurance Company as well offers the following benefits:
- Own Damage Cover: Loss or damage to the insured vehicle is covered in United India Commercial Vehicle Insurance against different perils such as burglary, self-ignition, lightning, fire explosion, housebreaking, theft, riot, strike, flood, earthquake, hurricane, malicious act, typhoon, damage in-transit through elevator, lift, air, road, rockslide, etc. When you buy 'Package Policy' from the United India Insurance Company, you get your damage cover.
- Third-Party Liability: If a third-party gets bodily injury or death from the insured vehicle, then the legal liabilities for the same are covered. The commercial vehicle insurance policy by United India as well provides coverage against damage to third-party property in case of an accident.
- Personal Accident Cover: The United India Commercial Vehicle Insurance policy also provides compensation in case of an injury or death to the driver and/or owner of the insured commercial vehicle as per the nature of the injury:
- Provides coverage up to 100% in case of loss of sight of both the eyes/ loss of two limbs/ one limb and sight of an eye.
- Provides coverage of up to 50% in case of loss of sight of one eye or loss of one limb.
- Provides coverage up to 100% in case of permanent total disablement from injuries except for those specified in the insurance policy.
The compensation in these cases is payable by the company when the death or injury was caused within six calendar months of visible, external, and accidental means. In case of personal accident cover, a sum up to Rs. 1 lakh is payable during the period of the insurance policy.
- Towing Cover: Under this cover, the towing facility of an insured commercial vehicle is provided, if it is mechanically disabled. However, the coverage under this is subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.
- No Claim Bonus (NCB): At the time of renewal of insurance of the commercial vehicle, the policyholder is entitled to get a No Claim Bonus as per the applicable percentage. No Claim Bonus or NCB is the discount that you get from your insurance provider for a claim free year.
- Additional Discounts: United India Commercial Vehicle Insurance offers many attractive discounts if your commercial vehicle has an anti-theft device if your vehicle has automobile association membership if your vehicle is specially designed to use for blinds, handicapped people, or mentally challenged people.
United India Commercial Vehicle Insurance – Additional Coverage
You can as well extend the coverage of your commercial vehicle offered by United India Insurance Company by including additional coverage, which is known as add-ons. The add-ons or riders can be included by paying some extra premium. The United India Commercial Vehicle Insurance policy provides the following additional coverage:
- Personal Accident Cover: United India Commercial Vehicle Insurance offers personal accident cover for unnamed and named passengers according to the policy documents.
- Bi-Fuel Kit: The United India Commercial Vehicle Insurance policy as well provides cover CNG-LPG bi-fuel kit.
- Additional Legal Liabilities: The company as well provides additional cover such as for paid drivers who are employed for operating a commercial vehicle and various employees traveling or driving in the commercial vehicle.
You can as well go for additional cover for the fuel tanks, geographical area, fiberglass, electronic and electrical fittings, etc.
United India Commercial Vehicle Insurance – Exclusions
Same as other vehicle insurance plans available in India, the commercial vehicle insurance policy also has many exclusions. Many factors are excluded from a commercial vehicle insurance policy offered by United India Insurance Company:
- Does not provide coverage for any claims that arise because of any contractual liability.
- Any damage or loss arising because of intoxicated driving.
- Accidental loss or damage incurred on the outer surface of the mentioned geographical area.
- Loss or damage to the vehicle because of war, invasion, the act of a foreign enemy, etc. are not covered.
- The plan does not cover the commercial vehicle used otherwise than as per the policy limitations.
- Loss or damage because of wear and tear or depreciation.
- Consequential losses are not covered.
- Does not cover electrical and mechanical breakdown.
United India Commercial Vehicle Insurance - Claim Process
As a policyholder of United India Insurance Company, you have to follow the below steps in case of filing an accidental claim:
- Intimate the insurance provider either by call or by visiting the nearest branch of United India.
- In case of a major accident, let the commercial vehicle be at the spot of the accident for easy inspection by the surveyor.
- If there are any liabilities of third-party are involved, then you should inform the nearest police station instantly.
- The damaged commercial vehicle can be sent to the network garage of the United India Insurance Company only after the surveyor approves it.
- As a policyholder, you should duly fill and sign the claim form after completion of repair of your commercial vehicle and submit this form to the insurance provider with all the required documents.
United India Commercial Vehicle Insurance – Renewal
To renew United India Commercial vehicle Insurance online, you should follow the below steps:
- Visit the webpage of United India Commercial Vehicle Insurance Company and there at the top you will be able to see the renewal section.
- Go to the renewal section and there you can be asked to provide various information related to your insurance policy like policy number, your details like your mobile number, etc.
- Review the coverage of your commercial vehicle insurance plan and for the same check your details.
- You can remove or add any rider covers from your commercial vehicle insurance policy.
- Cross-check the premium quote of your commercial vehicle insurance policy.
- Pay the amount of premium through your debit/ credit card or net banking.
- As soon as you made the payment, your United India Commercial Vehicle Insurance Policy will be renewed.
United India Commercial Vehicle Insurance FAQs
Ans: In such a case, you should inform the United India Insurance Company instantly so that the company can provide you a duplicate copy of the insurance. However, you may need to pay a small amount to get a duplicate copy of your insurance.
Q2: Will I be eligible to get the ‘No Claim Bonus’, if my United India Commercial Vehicle Insurance policy is expired?
Ans: As a policyholder of United India Insurance Company, you are given a grace period of 90 days for renewal of your expired commercial vehicle insurance. Your ‘No Claim Bonus’ remains with you during this period of 90 days. However, if you fail to renew your policy within these 90 days, then you can lose your NCB.
Ans: As a policyholder of United India Insurance Company, you get two options to pay the premium of your policy, which are:
In offline mode, you can pay the premium by visiting the nearest branch of United India Insurance Company and paying via cash.
In online mode, you can select any of the below-mentioned ways to pay the premium of your commercial vehicle insurance policy:
- Net banking
- Credit card
- Debit card
- NEFT or RTGS
Ans: You have to visit the nearest branch of United India Insurance Company for knowing the status of your commercial vehicle insurance policy.
Ans: The basic tenure of a vehicle insurance policy offered by United India Insurance Company is one year.