Reliance General Commercial Vehicle Insurance
Whether you are an owner of a commercial vehicle or drive someone’s commercial vehicle, or someone else drives your commercial vehicle, you are completely responsible for it. For staying safe in various situations, it is always beneficial to have a commercial vehicle insurance policy. Reliance General Commercial Vehicle Insurance policy is one such insurance plan that provides coverage for commercial vehicles. Read more
Reliance General Commercial Vehicle Insurance – Key Features
Mentioned below are the key features of a Reliance General Commercial Vehicle Insurance policy:
- Provides coverage for various situations.
- Hassle-free and quick claim settlement process.
- Instant online renewal of the policy
- Get a reward for safe driving
- Easy insurance policy renewal process.
- Get policy online without any paperwork.
Reliance General Commercial Vehicle Insurance – Inclusions
- If the commercial vehicle has encountered damage or loss due to:
- Riot, strike
- Malicious act
- Terrorist activity
- Landslide and rockslide
- Burglary, theft, or housebreaking
- Hailstorm, Inundation cyclone, frost
- Self-ignition, fire explosion, or lightning
- Hurricane, flood, typhoon, tempest, storm
- Third-party insurance for your commercial vehicle protects against losses that have been incurred because of death or bodily injury to a third-party or any damage to third-party property because of the use of your insured commercial vehicle.
- Additional Towing Cover for Commercial Vehicle:
- This cover pays for the excess of what is offered in the tariff for towing charges that are incurred by the insured when an accident occurs.
- A tariff is provided, which is Rs. 750 for the three-wheeled commercial vehicle, Rs. 150 for taxis, and Rs. 25,00 for some other commercial vehicle.
- The maximum limit that an insured can opt over and above that is mentioned below:
Type of Vehicle
Vehicles used to carry goods (three-wheelers)
Vehicles used to carry goods (other than three-wheelers)
Passenger carrying vehicles (three-wheelers)
Passenger carrying vehicles (taxis)
Passenger carrying vehicles (other than three-wheelers and taxis)
Other miscellaneous and special vehicles
- The premium is 10% of the limit of sum insured opted by the policyholder.
Reliance General Commercial Vehicle Insurance – Exclusions
- Damage or loss because of war or nuclear risks.
- Damage or loss because of ionizing radiation.
- Deductibles as mentioned in the policy.
- If the commercial vehicle is driven by someone other than the mentioned driver as specified in the ‘Driver Clause’.
- When the commercial vehicle is being used other than as per the limitations of use. For example, when you use your vehicle as a commercial vehicle.
- Damage, accidental loss, or liability occurring outside the mentioned geographical area of the commercial vehicle.
- Consequential loss - When the original damage has caused subsequent damage or loss, then only the original damage is covered.
Reliance General Commercial Vehicle Insurance – Claim Process
You have to follow the below steps when filing a claim for your commercial vehicle:
Step 1: Register your commercial vehicle insurance claim by calling the toll-free number of Reliance General Insurance Company, which is, 1800 – 3009 instantly after the loss or damage to your commercial vehicle.
Step 2: Take your damaged commercial vehicle to Reliance’s authorized network garage for repair. Provide all the required documents to the surveyor.
Step 3: The company confirms the liability.
Step 4: If you opt for a cashless facility, then get your commercial vehicle repaired by Reliance's authorized garage. The company settles the bills of the repair directly with the workshop (garage) up to the payable amount.
Step 5: In case you have not opted for the cashless claim settlement process, then you have to pay for the repair charges from your pocket. After that, you can submit the bills for the repair and send the claim form to the company or surveyor for settlement.
Step 6: Your vehicle is delivered after this.
Reliance General Commercial Vehicle Insurance – Renewal
You can renew your Reliance Commercial Vehicle Insurance policy by following the below steps:
- Visit the official website of Reliance Motor Insurance company.
- Enter your commercial vehicle insurance policy number and provide its engine and registration number and then click on the ‘Renew My Policy’.
- You will then be able to see the details of your insurance policy.
- After confirming your details, you can select different add-ons that you want to include in your policy.
- After that, you will see the final premium amount along with the break-ups.
- Your nominee and car details are fetched from the system and you just have to confirm all the details and then click ‘Pay’ to go to the final premium payment page.
- After successful payment, your commercial vehicle insurance policy is renewed.
Reliance General Commercial Vehicle Insurance FAQs
Q1: Provide the list of the documents needed to purchase a Reliance Commercial Vehicle Insurance policy?Ans: In case of an online purchase, you do not have to provide any documents. However, you need to provide the following details:
- Registration number of your commercial vehicle
- Chassis number
- Engine number
- Previous commercial vehicle policy number (if you have any)
- Commercial vehicle manufacturing date
- City and date of the commercial vehicle purchase
- Contact details of the owner (phone number, address, and email)
- You should as well have a copy of your commercial vehicle’s RC.
Q2: What is No Claim Bonus (NCB)?Ans: No Claim Bonus is the discount that you get in your vehicle insurance premium for not claiming for one policy year. This discount can be accumulated every year. This starts from 20% on the first claim-free year, 25% on the second claim free year, 35% for the third claim free year, 45% for the fourth claim free year, and 50% on the fifth claim free year, and the same continues for subsequent claim-free years.
Q3: Provide the list of the documents needed to file a claimAns: Mentioned below is the list of documents that you need to keep with you at the time of making a claim:
- Duly filled and signed claim form.
- Automobile insurance policy’s proof
- Copy of tax receipt and registration book
- Copy of driving license
- FIR or police panchnama (in case of third-party property loss/damage/death/bodily injury)
- Repair estimate when the vehicle is repaired.
- Payment and repair bills after completion of the job.
- Any other document that is needed by the insurance provider.
In Case of Theft:
- Original certificate and commercial vehicle policy documents
- Receipt of tax payment, original registration book with theft endorsement from the concerned RTO.
- Policy number
- Details of previous insurance
- Insuring office/company
- All the sets of service booklets/keys/warranty card
- Documents needed by the insurer
- Acknowledged copy of the letter that is addressed to RTO that is intimating the theft and that makes vehicle non-useable
Q4: What are the different types of vehicles that Reliance General Insurance Company insures online?Ans: You can purchase insurance for private cars online for both four-wheelers and two-wheelers. In addition to this, you can also purchase a commercial vehicle insurance policy online.
Q5: What is the process to get my commercial vehicle insurance policy’s copy online?Ans: For the same, you just have to log on to Reliance website, if you have registered yourself, and if not, then get yourself registered and create your credentials with Reliance General Insurance Company. A soft copy of your commercial vehicle insurance policy is available there for download.
Secure your commercial vehicle
Renew via self video inspection
Lowest premium starting ₹ 3,211
Standard T&C Apply.
Commercial Vehicle insurance articles
16 Sep 2022Due to easy commutes, and low fares, the demand for
16 Sep 2022Buses are passenger-carrying heavy-duty commercial vehicles that
07 Sep 2022Auto rickshaws have been the best mode of last-mile connectivity
06 Sep 2022In India, you must have seen different types of commercial
27 Jul 2022If you are planning to buy a private bus for setting up a transport