Consumables Add-On In Two Wheeler Insurance
Getting your bike insured under an insurance policy is not just mandatory but also a duty as a good citizen of the country. However, a comprehensive insurance plan comes with a set of coverage and if you are not satisfied with that particular set of coverage then you can enhance it with add-ons provided by the insurer by paying a bit extra. One such add-on is a consumables add-on, read on to know more about it.Read more
Two Wheeler Consumables Add-On
Two-wheeler consumables are the parts that need to be replaced after a certain amount of time. Consumable parts in a two-wheeler are nuts, bolts, screws, lubricants, engine oil, grease, gearbox oil, distilled water, etc. Since these consumable parts are not covered under the comprehensive insurance plan, the insurers provide add-on cover for it.
The consumable parts and oil depend on the bike, if you own a superbike such as Ducati, BMW, Harley Davidson, then the cost of their consumable parts would be higher and can put a big hole in your pocket in case they require replacement. In such a case, consumable add-on cover in bike insurance can provide you with financial aid.
For instance, you have met with an accident and the consumable items such as engine oil leaked out and some of the nuts and bolts got damaged. If you have a comprehensive insurance plan with consumable add-on cover then the insurer will provide coverage for the replacement of the lost and damaged consumables however in case you do not have this add-on then you will have to bear the cost of replacement of these items.
Why Do You Need Consumables Add-on?
Since a basic comprehensive insurance plan provides coverage for a particular set of things, add-ons such as this one enhance the coverage and provide an extra layer of protection. However, the consumable parts or lubricants of a bike do not cost much but it also depends on the kind of bike you own. If you own an average-priced bike then the consumables would not cost much but if you own a superbike that requires a different than usual set of consumable parts and lubricants then they can cost you much more. Here are some of the benefits of purchasing this add-on:
- Provides financial aid for the replacement of the consumables.
- Engine and gearbox oil are covered under this add-on.
- Better coverage at the time of claim settlement.
- End to end protection.
- You can have peace of mind as you won’t have to pay from your pocket.
Coverage under Consumables Add-on Cover
Every insurer has a different set of coverage under the consumable insurance add-on. Here are the things covered under consumable add-on:
Nut & Bolt
Under Which Conditions Insurer Would Not Provide Cover?
While purchasing this add-on, you must be aware of the conditions under which the insurer will not provide coverage. They are as follows:
- If the insured is riding the bike under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Riding the bike without a valid driving license.
- Riding the bike without an insurance policy.
- If the insured does not inform the insurer about the damage before getting it repaired.
- Terms and conditions as listed in the policy.
Here’s How You Can Raise Cashless Claim As Well As Reimbursement
The process of raising a claim under consumable add-on is similar to raising a claim under comprehensive insurance. You can either raise a cashless claim or reimbursement claim under this add-on.
In order to provide a cashless claim facility the insurance companies collab with several two-wheeler garages PAN India. So when your bike suffers any kind of damage, you can take your bike to one of those registered garages and get it fixed and the insurer will pay for the repair on your behalf. Here is the process that you can follow for the cashless claim:
- Step 1: Inform your insurer about the damage
- Step 2: You can either call, visit their website or mobile application to raise a claim.
- Step 3: Take the picture of the damaged parts and upload them.
- Step 4: Then the insurer will send an inspector and check if you have raised the claim for genuine damage.
- Step 5: Then the insurer will direct the bike to the registered network garage.
- Step 6: Once the damages are fixed, the insurer will pay on your behalf.
You can also opt for the reimbursement of the claim raised for the loss or damage caused to the bike. In this case, you can get the damages fixed and then raise the claim to get reimbursement. Also, you need to inform the insurer before getting your bike repaired otherwise you won’t be liable for the reimbursement. Here are the steps you can follow to get reimbursement:
- Step 1: First of all inform your insurer about the loss or damage caused and you want reimbursement.
- Step 2: You can contact them by calling them, visiting their website or using their mobile application to register the claim
- Step 3: Once you have registered the claim, the insurance company will send an inspector to take note of the loss and damage caused.
- Step 4: Once your bike is fixed, you can take the bill and submit it along with the claim form.
- Step 5: Once all the documents required are submitted, the insurer will initiate the claim.
- Step 6: In a few days, you will get the reimbursement of the cost of replacement of the consumables
How Much Does Consumable Add-On Cost?
The consumable add-on cover in bike insurance is not very much costly. The cost of this add-on can vary from insurer to insurer as well as the cost of your bike, location and the year of manufacture. With the help of online purchases, you can visit the website of the insurer or any online insurance aggregator. You can look for the consumable add-on cover online and pay for it using the online method.
Also, you would not have to submit any additional documentation to purchase this add-on however, you can only purchase this add-on when you already have a comprehensive insurance plan. If you do not have a comprehensive insurance plan then you are required to purchase one and have to submit documents such as year of manufacture, location of the bike, personal details and registration details.
As mentioned above, the cost of consumables add-on will depend on the kind of bike you own. You can always choose the online method to purchase a comprehensive plan as well as the add-ons provided by your insurance company. You can only purchase the add-on while renewing the insurance plan.
Two Wheeler insurance articles
30 Sep 2022A motorbike, be it of any type, need regular care to keep it in...
29 Aug 2022Buying a bike or any other two-wheeler has become easier with a...
04 Aug 2022Buying a two-wheeler can be a significant step in one's life as...
25 Jul 2022Keeping your bike free from dents and scratches is one of the...
19 Jul 2022Two-wheelers are one of the most convenient and affordable modes...