Get NOC for Bike Online
No Objection Certificate is popularly known as NOC. It is a legal document that is issued by banks and Regional Transport Offices in India. No objection certificate states that the banks and RTOs do not have any objection to the information in the certificate. You can apply for the RTO’s NOC from the Parivahan web portal online and for Bank’s NOC you can obtain it through the bank’s website. Let us tell you about NOC for bike as well as when and why would you need one?
NOC from RTO for Bike
Let me start with an example, you work for a company that has multiple branches in different cities of the country. Since you have been working at one location for over 2 years now, you bought a bike in that city for your daily commute. Since you have been a great employee and your boss decides to promote you, you will have to join the other branch of your company which is in another city. Since you love your bike and don’t want to sell it out, you decide to take it with you to another city. Also, keep a check on your bike insurance if it requires renewal.
Now, this is where the No objection certificate comes in. In order to take your bike to another city with yourself, you will have to obtain a NOC from the RTO of the city. The certificate will state that you have paid all kinds of charges related to your bike as well as repaid the loan and you have no obligation to the RTO.
Why NOC Is Important?
There are certain reasons that why do you need a NOC for your bike. They are as follows:
- To cancel the hypothecation to the bank in Registration certificate when you want to sell your bike.
- Cancel and Remove hypothecation of your bike.
- To obey the guideline of Motor Vehicle Act that you need a NOC if you want to transfer your bike to another city or state.
How to Apply for NOC Online?
There are specific procedure to apply for NOC for the bike online from an RTO and Bank. They are as follows:
NOC for Bike From Bank
It is not a very long procedure.
- You just need to visit the bank’s website.
- Login to your account.
- Download the NOC
- In case you are unable to download the NOC, you will have to visit the bank’s branch.
NOC for Bike From RTO
The online procedure is only to submit the application form. For further procedure, you will have to visit the RTO. Septs to apply for NOC from RTO online are as follows:
- Visit Parnivahan website.
- Select the RTO and State.
- Log on to Avail services.
- Now a new page will open with a button stating, “Application for NOC” Click on it.
- In the new tab, you will have to click on “Chassis number/Validate Registration Number”
- It will generate your application form.
- Check the filled in details
- Enter bike insurance information
- It will ask you to enter the new RTO State Code. Enter and then save it.
- Now pay for the application and take a printout of fee receipt.
- In order to process your request further, visit the RTO and bring the NOC, Fee receipt and required documents.
Validity and Cost for NOC
Just like there is a specific validity period of your bike insurance policy, there is a validity of NOC for the bike issued by RTO is of Six months and the cost for it depends on the RTO. Whereas validity of NOC for the bike issued by the Bank is of 90 days also subject to the bank’s terms and conditions. And the cost for it depends on the respective bank.
Documents Required to Obtain NOC
The documents required to obtain the NOC from the bank and RTO are mentioned below:
Documents Required for RTO
- Form 28 along with the application
- Copy of RC and Insurance policy
- Paid road tax proof that is up to date with a receipt.
- PUC certificate
- Engine and Chassis number pencil print.
- Signature of bike owner.
Documents Required for Bank
- Copy of RC of bike.
- Documents required by the bank.
How to Cancel the NOC?
We live an unpredictable life and we never know what comes in our way that might change our plans. So, if there comes a situation because of which you have to change your plan of transferring your bike. There is a procedure to cancel the NOC. The steps to cancel the NOC for your bike from the RTO are as follows:
- You will have to obtain the Non Utilisation Certificate (NUC) from the new RTO.
- Then submit the NUC to the last RTO.
When you purchase a bike there are some legal documents that you need to have like Registration certificate and your bike insurance policy. Just like this, when you plan to take your bike from one state to another you need to get a No Obligation Certificate issued by RTO and Bank so that you don’t get involved in any legal matter later in life for which you get fined. So, make sure to get your NOC issued.