Do You Have Right Bike Insurance Policy?
The picturesque views and rugged adventure are undoubtedly reminiscing, but the rider's safety is essential and cannot be neglected. Hence, your foremost responsibility is to get comprehensive bike insurance online and relevant add-on covers, such as zero-depreciation cover, 24x7 roadside assistance cover, etc.
Winter Bike Riding Safety Tips: Checklist for a Road Trip on Your Bike During Winters
Let us take you through 9 road safety tips that will help you before you embark on your road trip on the bike and gear the wheels:
- Pick a Comfortable Bike: When you decide to go on a road trip on the bike, it becomes necessary that the bike you plan to ride is comfortable enough. If you are not satisfied, you may modify the motorcycle. For example, you may have a different handlebar, a more comfortable seat, headlights, etc. The thought of a road trip on the bike might sound fantastic, but the rider must have comfortable riding.
- Buy a Bike Insurance Online: Buying a bike insurance policy before one heads out on a road trip is imperative. A comprehensive bike insurance policy secures the rider from any bike-related perils, which may distress and put the rider in a state of worry. Besides, you can enhance your policy coverage by adding bike insurance add-ons. You can also visit Policybazaar.com and explore a range of add-ons to strengthen the safety of your prized possession.
People also read 5 Add-on Covers for Bike Insurance You Shouldn’t Miss
- Avoid Over packing: A road trip is tedious, so avoid a lot of weight while travelling. For instance, do not carry a shampoo bottle; take shampoo sachets, etc. Besides, only carry the necessary clothes. Try to wash and reuse the clothes. Moreover, it is recommended not to fold the clothes but rather roll them as they take less space. Remember, carrying some essential medicines is always a good idea as nobody knows the health condition better than one does.
- Hydration is important: Always keep yourself hydrated when on a road trip. The journey may halt if the rider feels exerted due to dehydration. Make it a thumb rule while on the road trip to drink water every time one stops, even when one does not feel thirsty. Add some gluconate to the water. It is better to invest in a hydration pack with a water bottle in a bag and a tube that the rider can sling over the shoulder and drink water without stopping.
- Know the Direction: Not everyone is good with directions and routes. One may face network issues while driving, so it is recommended to download the offline map/route. Moreover, contact the locals for guidance if you get confused with the route. They could help you with better and more exciting routes or a shortcut. Research should be done before gearing the wheels, as this will help the rider save time and give an idea about the route you are heading.
- Take Breaks on Regular Intervals: It is essential to give rest not just to oneself but to the bike as well. Rest every few kilometers or every few hours, depending on the destination distance one intends to travel. This does not mean taking a halt now and then but maintaining a balance. Moreover, always check the fuel in the tank while on the break.
- Eat Adequately: Eat properly & healthily while on the road trip. However, what needs to be understood is that it does not mean that one needs to overeat. It is preferred to have a light breakfast, have an early lunch and not eat a heavy dinner. Taking heavy meals takes a reasonable amount of time to digest. It is advisable to carry some refreshments like energy drinks, chocolates or protein bars if you feel hungry while riding the bike.
- Be Weather-Ready: One cannot foresee the weather conditions. Of course, one may always look to the weather forecast for updates, but weather conditions are unpredictable. Therefore, it is better to prepare for any weather conditions. Carry raincoats and spare clothes that will fit your riding gear.
- Do Not Forget to Carry Tool-kit: Before heading out of home for the much-planned road trip. Make it a point to visit a mechanic and carry all the necessary tools during a road trip. Remember that every bike has certain requirements, including engine oil, brake cables, spare tubes, etc. Hence, you must check all these before going out.
You may like to read: 8 Road Safety Driving Tips for Two-Wheeler Owners
Time for Some Quickies
Below are some quickies that will ensure the safety of the motorbike rider during the road trip:
- Do not over speed. Try to maintain the speed limit
- Avoid overtaking other vehicles
- Be a keen observer and try to identify potentially dangerous situations
- Avoid long-distance travel at night. Drive as much as possible during day time
- Get yourself enough sleep
- Wear a helmet while driving
- Do not drive under the influence of alcohol
Wrapping it up!
Going on a road trip on the bike sounds exciting, but one never knows when an accident can turn one's life upside down. So, buy bike insurance online & keep other mandatory documents, including DL, RC, and PUCC ready while you set out for the journey.
Two Wheeler insurance articles
03 Nov 2023Bike insurance is an essential financial safety net in case of
03 Nov 2023Among all the bike insurance add-ons available in the market
25 Oct 2023When claiming on your bike insurance policy, you always look for
17 Oct 2023Tropical cyclones are prevalent, causing a huge loss of human
13 Oct 2023For two-wheeler owners, adequate coverage is crucial to keep