Online Buying Bike Insurance Vs Offline
You can start the buying process by physically visiting the insurer's office or online by visiting the insurance company's website or their mobile application. There are advantages and disadvantages of getting two-wheeler insurance through both methods. Let us start by reading through both modes.
Buying Two-wheeler Insurance Offline
One of the more traditional and common methods of getting two-wheeler insurance is the offline method. The offline mode would involve visiting the insurance providers' offices and buying insurance. The insured can communicate with a customer representative and get in-depth details about the insurance. Any possible queries can be solved on the spot.
Benefits of Buying Two-Wheeler Insurance Offline
- Face to face communication: The significant advantage of getting two-wheeler insurance offline is the ability to communicate face to face with an insurance expert and resolve their doubts & queries.
- Helping with documents:Getting bike insurance policy offline involves submitting multiple documents. Tackling it alone might be a tiresome task. When buying bike insurance offline, an agent will collect and submit all the required documents to the insurer.
- Easy to understand insurance jargons: It can be a challenge for a customer, especially when purchasing it for the first time. If an agent is present, people can directly connect with them to learn or understand this insurance jargon.
Buying Two-Wheeler Insurance Online
Buying an online bike insurance policy is convenient for busy and especially for full-time working individuals who otherwise have to take a day's leave from work to visit an insurance company office to avail of the insurance. Not just buying the insurance, one can also register a claim and renew their insurance plans online. With technological advancement, it makes sense to use technology to simplify our lives. However, is it advantageous to buy two-wheeler insurance online? Let us go through the benefits oftwo-wheeler insurance online.
Benefits of Buying Two-Wheeler Insurance Online
- Reviews and comparing policies: One can start the buying process by looking at reviews of different insurers. Most insurance brokers, such as Policybazaar.com, allow customers to compare plans from top motor insurance companies in India.
- Affordable policies: Companies that operate solely online have lower running costs, and the intermediary costs are eliminated, due to which their policy offerings are more affordable.
- Exciting Deals: One can find the best insurance quote for their two-wheeler. Sometimes insurance companies run exciting deals during festive seasons to help customers get additional discounts.
- Minimal paperwork: There often needs to be more paperwork to be submitted online. Not only is it to upload all necessary documents directly online from the comfort of your home, but online insurance providers make the process easier by asking for zero to minimal paperwork.
- 24x7 Customer Assistance:To make sure that the insured can instantly get their bike insurance queries solved, the insurer offers 24x7 customer assistance too. They can connect by calling on a toll-free number or through an email and get help from an insurance expert.
You may also read- Difference between Bike Insurance and Bike Warranty
Now, you must understand the benefits of both online and offline bike insurance. Here is a detailed table showing a comparison between buying bike insurance online and offline-
|Points of Comparison||Buying Bike Insurance Online||Buying Bike Insurance Offline|
|Cost-effectiveness||No agent or intermediary is involved in the process, so it is more affordable.||An agent’s commission is included in bike insurance premium.|
|Transparency||The policy-related information is available in the insurer’s website.||Higher dependency on the agent for all policy-related information.|
|Easy to compare||You can easily compare plans offered by different insurers online based on several factors.||You need to visit the office of each insurer to get policy details.|
|Customer assistance||Quite simple and easy as you can connect support team 24x7 through calls and emails.||You must contact a respective agent during office hours for any query.|
|Paperwork||Zero to minimal documentation.||It involves a lot of paperwork.|
As the above table shows, buying bike insurance online has more benefits than offline. However, one must always talk to an authentic company representative to get the right details. Also, request a receipt for purchasing or renewing a bike insurance policy.
Two Wheeler insurance articles
03 Nov 2023Bike insurance is an essential financial safety net in case of
03 Nov 2023Among all the bike insurance add-ons available in the market
25 Oct 2023When claiming on your bike insurance policy, you always look for
17 Oct 2023Tropical cyclones are prevalent, causing a huge loss of human
13 Oct 2023For two-wheeler owners, adequate coverage is crucial to keep