- 24X7Claim Assistance &
Free Customer Support
- 20 Lakh+Happy & Satisfied Customers
- Rs. 1 LakhAccident Cover @ Rs. 2/Day
- 100%Claim Support
We promise limited calls
Consequences Of Not Buying A Two-Wheeler Insurance
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 88612 -
Modified 21 December 2017
“Uninsured Bike Looks Great in Garage Not On Roads”
According to IRDA, 75% of two-wheelers plying on Indian road either have no insurance or their insurance has lapsed. While there are instances when one genuinely forgets to renew bike insurance, some vehicle owners do it intentionally to save a few hundred rupees. Whatever the reason, if you are riding a bike without insurance, you should be ready to face the following hurdles-
Driving a vehicle without third-party insurance cover is illegal in India. If you are caught up without insurance, enforcement agencies can impose fine up to Rs 1000 or imprisonment up to 3 months or both as per the Motor Vehicle Act.
Loss of NCB
Lapsed policies lose the benefits that may have accumulated in the form of no claim bonus (NCB). In case your vehicle remains uninsured for over 90 days, you shall lose accrued benefits. Also in the process, you lose out the opportunity of transferring NCB benefit to the new vehicle if you were to buy the one.
The comprehensive two-wheeler insurance secures you against all perils, including man-made and natural calamities. In its absence, the cost of repair/damages has to be borne by the vehicle owner. In case your vehicle met with an accident, resulting into death of the third-party; two cases will be filled against you- criminal case (for negligent driving) and the second one to get claim. The compensation given to the family of the deceased has to be borne by you. This situation can wreck your financial state.
Reinstating a lapsed policy is a time consuming process. You may need to fill up the fresh proposal form akin to insuring a new vehicle. Also, the insurer will again inspect your vehicle. The insurance company may charge a higher premium to renew a lapsed policy or may even reject the insurance proposal.
Time to Put on Your Thinking Hat
Given the multiple losses and complications towards renewing lapsed bike insurance, it is imperative to renew it on time. Nowadays, insurance companies notify customers regarding policy renewal through different mediums like emails and SMS alerts. Harness the power of technology and renew the policy online.
- Most Read
- How to Save Money on Two Wheeler Insurance?
Date: 16 July 2018
- What to Keep in Mind When Buying Two wheeler insurance Policy for Your Sports Bike?
Date: 18 April 2018
- Everything You Need to Know About Theft Cover of Two Wheeler Insurance Plans
Date: 28 February 2018
- Know How Reliance General Two-Wheeler Insurance Defends Your Two-wheeler!
Date: 19 January 2018
- How to Avoid Being Fooled at the Time of Buying Bike Insurance
Date: 15 January 2018
- Renew Your Two Wheeler Break-in Insurance Policy at PolicyBazaar
Views : 169619
- Two Wheeler Insurance Plans
Views : 108888
- 5 Common Mistakes in Choosing Two Wheeler Insurance
Views : 90218
- Consequences Of Not Buying A Two-Wheeler Insurance
Views : 88612
- How Bikers Can Save More On Two-wheeler Insurance
Views : 80586