Zero Depreciation Bike Insurance
Every two-wheeler goes through depreciation. Simply put, depreciation of a vehicle means a reduction in its value due to its wear and tear over a period of time. If you do not want a reduction in your bike insurance claim settlement amount, then you can opt for zero or nil depreciation cover as an add-on benefit in your comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy. All that is required from your end is payment of an additional premium on the top of your basic bike insurance policy.Read more
Zero depreciation bike insurance means that the insurance company does not take into consideration the depreciation on bike or scooter parts while settling the claim. It offers comprehensive coverage to the two wheeler without determining its depreciating value. For example, if your bike gets damaged in a road accident, your insurance company will cover all the damages or losses incurred during claim settlement.
Thus, zero dep bike insurance ensures a better claim price for the incurred damage and helps you save money.
Benefits of Zero Depreciation Bike Insurance Policy
By opting for zero depreciation bike insurance cover, you can avail the following benefits-
- You get the actual claim amount post all the compulsory deductions
- It minimizes the out of pocket expenses at the time of claim
- An enhanced cover on your existing policy
- It helps you save more money
- You don’t need to worry about lower claim amounts
Zero dep in insurance is one of the best add-on features, especially for people whose bike have expensive spare products which can cause quite a dent when there is an accident.
You should also check the inclusions and exclusions to better understand the zero depreciation bike insurance meaning.
Inclusions of a Two Wheeler Insurance Policy with Zero Depreciation Cover
- Compensation for depreciable parts such as nylon, rubber, fibreglass and plastic parts.
- Compensation for the cost of replacement and repair at the time of claim settlement
- Some plans also cover partial damages to battery and tyres without calculating the depreciation
- The zero depreciation cover can be availed at the time of purchase and renewal both
- The number of permissible claims under two wheeler insurance zero dep can vary based on the insurance company.
- Read the policy documents carefully as nil depreciation without excess is available for designated two-wheeler models only.
Exclusions of a Two Wheeler Insurance Policy with Zero Depreciation Cover
- Any kind of uninsured perils
- Damaged caused because of mechanical faults
- Routine ageing and wear and tear are not covered
- Total damage or loss of the vehicle
- In case of damage caused to uninsured bike items such as tires, bi-fuel kit, and gas kits
Standard Bike Insurance Vs Zero Depreciation Bike Insurance
Following is a simple comparison between a standard insurance policy as well as a policy with zero dep insurance for bike:
- Claim settlement: When it comes to a standard bike insurance policy, the settlement of the claim will depend on the age of the vehicle and the depreciation value of the parts. However, when you have a bike insurance zero dep cover, you get full compensation at the time of claim.
- Premium Cost: Even though the premium for a policy with two wheeler insurance zero dep cover is much higher than a standard policy, it gives much better returns in the long run.
- Repair Costs as well as Costs of Plastic Fibre: In most of the cases, the cost of repair and plastic fibre parts are paid by the insured. However, when it comes to a bike insurance zero dep policy, this is covered by the insurer making the costs much lesser for the policyholder.
- Age of the Vehicle: Since the policy term (generally) covers two claims during the policy, the zero dep in insurance covers cars up to a specific age only. A standard policy does not take the age of the vehicle into consideration so if your vehicle is very old; then you may have to opt for a regular policy only.
There are certain conditions which you need to keep in mind to avail a zero depreciation bike insurance cover:
- You cannot avail zero depreciation cover if your vehicle is damaged beyond the scope or repair or is declared as a total loss
- Most zero dep bike insurance permits two claims in the entire policy term.
- You can get your two-wheelers repaired only at an available network garage to make a claim.
However, terms and conditions differ depending upon the insurer, and it is advisable that you go through the zero depreciation two wheeler insurance policy documents carefully.
There are plenty of other products which provide two wheeler insurance with an add-on feature of zero depreciation. Now that you are aware of the advantages, you definitely should look for this zero dep insurance for bike add-on when opting for a two wheeler insurance and also while renewing the policy.
A standard two wheeler insurance policy is more beneficial if you opt for zero depreciation cover. Even though the inclusions are quite limited, they are beneficial for somebody who has just bought two wheeler insurance. Additionally, you can make use of zero dep bike insurance feature twice during the policy term which is quite beneficial. It helps you get the full value of your claim without any additional issue come in between.
Two Wheeler insurance articles
04 Aug 2022Buying a two-wheeler can be a significant step in one's life as...
25 Jul 2022Keeping your bike free from dents and scratches is one of the...
19 Jul 2022Two-wheelers are one of the most convenient and affordable modes...
19 Jul 2022A bike loan is one of the best ways and has become immensely...
12 Jul 2022Natural disasters are unforeseen weather conditions that cause...