Aditya Birla Group Personal Accident Insurance
Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company offers two types of group health insurance plans – Group Activ Health and Group Activ Secure. An employer can avail of any of these two plans for providing health insurance coverage to its employees. The main objective of these plans is to ensure employees of an organization do not face any financial issues when they need to avail medical treatment. For preparing them for various unforeseen situations, employers can buy a group health insurance policy and provide coverage to all the employees under a plan.
On one hand where Group Activ Health provides comprehensive coverage in case of various medical issues. The Group Activ Secure plan, on the other hand, provides lump-sum benefits in case of various health events under the below-mentioned plans:
- Group Personal Accident Cover
- Group Critical Illness Cover, and
- Group Hospital Cash Benefit
Here we are going to discuss Group Personal Accident Insurance.
What is Group Personal Accident Cover?
While the future is full of uncertainties, you can make sure that it is not for your employees by providing them a suitable Group Personal Accident cover. Injuries and accidents can disturb the life of your employees live adversely and with the right insurance coverage, you can let them live their lives fearlessly. The Aditya Birla Health Insurance Active Secure – Personal Accident Plan is designed to protect from all the contingencies that could arise from an accident.
Aditya Birla Activ Secure Policy – Key Features and Benefits
Accidents may lead to property damage, hefty medical bills, and disabilities; therefore, an organization needs to provide financial protection to its employees and their families in such situations. A Group Personal Accident Insurance plan enables its policyholders to live their lives to the fullest by offering financial help in all the possible accident-related losses. The key features and benefits of this plan are:
- This plan provides coverage for accident death, partial, and permanent disability.
- It provides coverage for the modification or repair of the vehicle and resident.
- It offers educational and orphan benefits to dependent children.
- The plan also provides optional add-on covers like accidental in-patient hospitalization, emergency assistance worldwide, and temporary total disability.
- It protects loan instruments and EMIs.
- For every claim-free year, it provides a 5% cumulative bonus that can go up to 50% of the sum insured.
- It also provides the option of a wellness coach. By using this, the policyholder can get personalized health advice and can recover faster.
- The plan also protects against income loss.
Aditya Birla Activ Secure Policy – Inclusions
The inclusions of this plan are:
- Accidental Death Cover: Provides 100% sum insured (SI) if an insured encounters accidental death.
- Permanent Partial Disablement: In such a case according to the nature of the disability, and insured gets up to 100% of SI.
- Permanent Total Disablement: In the case of permanent total disablement, the insured gets an option to get 100% of SI.
- Education Benefits: The surviving dependent children are eligible to get a one-time lump sum amount of 10% of the sum insured.
- Emergency Road Ambulance Cover: It provides up to Rs. 10,000 for emergency ambulance service.
- Expenses of Funeral: It provides up to 1% of the sum insured, which is a maximum of Rs. 50,000 towards cremation and funeral expenses.
- Cumulative Bonus: The policy provides a 5% cumulative bonus for one claim-free policy year and a maximum of up to 50% of the sum insured. In case of a claim, the bonus reduces by 5% of the Sum Insured.
- Repatriation of the Remains: The policy offers Rs. 50,000 for transportation of mortal remains to the residence of the insured from the place of death or to the cremation ground.
- Modification Benefits: The plan provides up to Rs. 1Lakh for suitable improvements that are carried out for vehicle or residence after a disablement.
- Orphan Benefits: If the insured parents died in an accident, children get 10% of the sum insured, which is a maximum of Rs. 15 Lakhs. This amount is paid despite the number of dependent children.
- Compassionate Visit: It provides travel expenses for a relative’s visit at the place where the hospital of the policyholder is. The domestic travel allowance is up to Rs. 10,000 and international allowance for this travel are up to Rs. 25,000.
Aditya Birla Activ Secure Policy – Add-Ons:
The additional or add-on cover can be purchased by paying an extra premium. This policy provides the following options as add-on cover:
- Temporary Total Disablement: A policyholder can get weekly benefits as opted for a maximum of up to Rs. 50,000 per week for up to 100 weeks for anyone injury.
- Accident In-Patient Hospitalization Cover: For hospitalization, the policyholder can get 1% of the accidental death SI or it can be Rs.1lakhs, whichever is higher that is incurred for medical expenses related to this kind of hospitalization.
- Coma Benefit: An insured can get the payment in case of a coma because of an accident.
- Broken Bones Benefits: Provides payments according to the terms of the policy of fractured bones.
- Burn Benefits: This plan offers payments towards burn benefits as per the degree of burns.
- Accidental Medical Expenses: It provides payment for OPD treatment in case of injury.
- Adventure Sports Injury: This plan also provides an option to get the payment for an injury that is caused due to some sports.
- Worldwide Emergency Assistance Services: This plan provides add-on cover to get assistance for transporting the policyholder to a medical facility and after that returning to his/her residence under medical assistance in case of some emergency.
- EMI Protect: The policyholder can get the monthly installments for his/her loan covered according to his/her policy terms.
- Wellness Coach: Under this add-on cover facility of wellness coach for guiding the insured on nutrition, lifestyle habits, and fitness is provided.
- Loan Protect: In this add-on cover, an insured can get the outstanding loan amount covered according to the terms of the policy.
Aditya Birla Group Personal Accident Policy – Exclusions
Claims that arise because of the below-mentioned clauses are not included under Activ Secure – Personal Accident Policy of Aditya Birla Health Insurance:
- Intentional self-injury
- Attempt to suicide or suicide
- Mental illness, venereal diseases, a psychiatric condition
- Foreign enemy act, war, usurped acts, or mental sickness or illness
- Any hospitalization that does not result in any injury.
- If the policyholder commits any breach of law with criminal intent.
Aditya Birla Activ Secure Policy – Claim Process:
For filing a claim, the policyholder or his/her nominee has to get in touch with the customer care service of the company and intimate them about the issue. The insurance provider has to be notified about the accident within seven days. After doing this, the nominee or the policyholder has to hand over the required documents with duly filled and signed claim form within one month. Once this is done, the insurance provider pays out the proceeds in some time.
The list of required documents is:
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- Copy of medico-legal certificate that is attested or FIR
- Proof of age and Photo ID
- Copy of consultation letter post-accident
- Additional documents as per the case and as required by the insurance provider.
Aditya Birla Group Personal Accident Policy - FAQs
Q1: What is an Activ Secure – Group Personal Accident Plan?
Ans: Activ Secure – Group Personal Accident Plan is a personal accident policy that is offered to a group of people like an employer provides this plan to its employees. This Aditya Birla Health Insurance policy provides complete protection against all the financial losses that arise because of an accident like the cost of medical treatment, cost of vehicle repair, loss of income because of disability, etc.
Q2: Provide the list of documents required to file a personal accident insurance claim?
Ans: A policyholder needs to provide the following documents in case of filing a claim with Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company:
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- Attested copy of all the medico-legal certificates or FIR
- Proof of age and Photo ID
- Consultation letter copies after the accident
- Investigation reports of radiology
- Additional documents needed by the company for specific claim as per the policy
Q3: Specify the exclusions under this policy.
Ans: The exclusions under this plan are:
- Intentional self-harm, attempt to suicide, or suicide.
- Mental sickness, venereal diseases, psychiatric conditions, or mental illness/ sickness.
- Any hospitalization that is not related to an injury.
- Foreign enemy’s act, usurped facts, and military
- If the insured commits any breach of law with some criminal intent.
Q4: What is the claim process of this policy?
Ans: You have to intimate the customer support team of Aditya Birla Health Insurance company about the accident at first. Make sure to inform the company within seven days of an accident. As soon as this is done, you should submit all the related documents along with the claim form at least within one month. After this, you will get the pay-outs of the accident policy within a few days.
Q5: Does this policy provide optional cover? If yes, what are these add-ons?
Ans: The Activ Secure – Group Personal Accident policy provides the following additional covers. You can get any of these optional covers by paying an additional premium:
- Temporary total disablement: Offers add-on cover in case of ‘total or temporary disablement.
- EMI protection: Provides coverage for three EMIs of up to Rs. 50000.
- Broken bones benefit: Offers benefits of up to Rs. 1 lakh/ Rs. 3 lakhs/ Rs. 5 lakhs if bone/s are broken in an accident.
- Accidental In-Patient hospitalization cover: Provides coverage for in-patient hospitalization that is caused due to an accident.
- Coma benefit: provides additional sum insured in case of coma.
- Loan protection: Provides coverage for loans.
- Burn benefit: Offers benefits of up to Rs. 1 lakh/ Rs. 3 lakhs/ Rs. 5 lakhs for treatment of burns.
- Adventure sports cover: In such a case, a policyholder can get up to Rs. 10 lakhs.
- Accidental medical expenses: Provides coverage for medical expenses that includes daycare treatment and OPD charges as well.
Worldwide emergency assistance coverage: Medical coverage worldwide including the air ambulance.