Do I Need A Special Road Trip Car Insurance
Road trip! Indeed, you read it right. The two words itself prompts a lot of fun, thrill and enthrals excitement. Mostly the idea is simple, there is a world outside your window and unquestionably, you ought not to miss it.
A road trip gives you an entirely different experience. Regardless of whether you are, a solo traveller or you are travelling along with your friends' road trip gives you a memory to reckon with. It is the ideal way to keep your mood uplifted and have an album of good memories.
As much as the possibility of a road trip fascinates you, imagine if something unfortunate happens while you are on the trip. Of course, inevitabilities do not come thumping. All you are planning can take a toll if you happen to meet an accident or perhaps you are robbed and so on.
Envision yourself in such a situation. Have you at any point figured what might you do if something like this occurs? Well, do not panic. We have an answer for you and that is buying car insurance before you head for your road trip.
What is Car Insurance
As per the legitimate mandate, all the car owners in India need to buy third party car insurance for their vehicles.
Buying car insurance safeguards the insured from any financial expense for any loss/damage caused by an unfortunate situation.
Types of Car Insurance
In India, there are generally two types of car insurance plans, which are offered:
- Comprehensive Car Insurance: This plan offers extensive coverage in case your car is damaged due to any natural calamity, manmade calamity or met with an accident or when a liability claim has been filed.
- Liability Car Insurance: This plan offers coverage to third-party wherein if a damage/loss occurs because of an insured vehicle. However, under this plan, you do not get cover for the insured vehicle or the policyholder.
Importance of Car Insurance
Having car insurance makes you confident while you are driving and gives you a sense of financial backup. Driving without car insurance is not only unsafe but at the same time is an offence and the consequence could be impeccable.
Though driving a car eliminates the dependence on public transport. However, driving on the roads of India has its share of perils eventually. No matter how good your driving skills might be an accident can happen with anyone, anytime and anywhere.
This is when car insurance comes to your rescue and acts as a shield from any financial expense. The following are some important reasons for buying car insurance:
- Cars are one priced asset and possession. As it protects you from any fiscal cost if your car is damaged in an accident or due to the negligence of somebody else’s your car is collided. This is when having car insurance will pay for the damages caused.
- It is not necessary that if you meet with an accident you may survive with few bruises or injuries. There is a possibility of severe injuries, which will take time to heal. These expenses can easily create a dent in your pocket. In such a scenario, car insurance will be beneficial for you and will pay for your medical expenses.
- On the off chance, in an accident, you get dead this is the time when having the right kind of car insurance plan will help your family to sustain and maintain their livelihood.
- As buying a third party insurance is a mandate, it protects you from getting into legal liabilities and repercussions of a case.
- Buying car insurance gives you a sense of satisfaction and peace of mind and you do not worry about the financial crunch, which may incur if your car is stolen.
When Planning Road Trip
While you are planning your road trip, one should not forget that even the journey you will be travelling is an integral part of your trip experience.
Find below a list of important considerations that you need to think about before you are heading for a road trip:
- First things first, whether you are travelling on a two-wheeler or in a car. Insurance is necessary. You need to decide on the coverage basis that. Do your ground research and avail plans in accordance.
- Before you head for your road trip, speak to your insurer and buy an insurance plan that covers you from the time you leave for your destination. Make it a point of being covered for the entire way.
- It is possible due to some reason you might be delayed for the destination you are travelling to or the trip is cancelled. Make it a thumb note of always asking your insurer about the scope of reimbursements in such cases.
- A medical emergency can occur anywhere. To safeguard you from such expenses availing a medical cover is necessary.
Not to Miss on the Documents
It is a good habit of carrying the documents when you are travelling on the road. Below is the list of important documents, which without a fail one needs to carry when on a road trip:
- Driving License: It is illicit to drive on the roads of India if you do not possess a substantial driving license. It is one of those documents, which is asked by any traffic police personnel when you are stopped. This likewise goes about as an identity proof.
- Insurance Certificate: A copy of your car’s insurance certificate ought to be carried along with you. Not only during inspection but also during it could also be asked if your vehicle breaks down in the middle of your road trip and you need help or assistance from the insurance company.
- Pollution under Control Certificate: An authentication, which ensures that no harmful or pollution-causing gases are transmitted out into the atmosphere. This certificate can without much of a stretch is acquired at any automate office that is approved to give the certificate.
- Registration Certificate: It is one of the most important documents that ought not to be missed by you in any case. It is the evidence of a registered vehicle that is being driven and comprises of subtleties like the number of the vehicle, address of the owner, etc.
In the End
Each one of us deserves a break from our daily life to recharge our mind and spirits. Therefore, do not spend time on your drive calling home to find out details about documents that you should have been carrying.
Buying insurance is like setting aside cash to cover you monetarily in case of an accident. In any case, the extent of these savings increments, overall, when you have an insurance company to back you.
Therefore, before you begin your road trip, you ought to review your car insurance to ensure it gives adequate inclusions.
- Best Car Insurance Companies in India
- By PolicyBazaar -
Updated: 16 July 2020 -
- 420275 Views
Best Car Insurance Companies in India Getting motor insurance is essential for all the car/vehicle owners and drivers in India. It is mandatory to have third party car insurance in India under the Motor Vehicle Act, 1...read more
- Insured Declared Value (IDV)
- By PolicyBazaar -
Updated: 21 July 2020 -
- 326950 Views
Insured Declared Value (IDV) Insured Declared Value (IDV) is the maximum Sum Assured fixed by the insurer which is provided on theft or total loss of vehicle. Basically, IDV is the current market value of the vehicle....read more
- Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
- By PolicyBazaar -
Updated: 29 June 2020 -
- 313820 Views
Zero Depreciation Car Insurance In a zero depreciation policy the insured gets the total cost of the damage or loss that is caused to the insured car. The depreciation value of the replaced or damaged parts is usually...read more
- No Claim Bonus (NCB) in Car Insurance
- By PolicyBazaar -
Updated: 14 July 2020 -
- 213425 Views
No Claim Bonus (NCB) in Car Insurance No Claim Bonus (NCB) is a reward, given by an insurer to a policyholder for making no claims during the policy term. No Claim Bonus can be accumulated as a discount on the premium...read more
- 9 Secrets That Your Motor Insurance Provider Won’t Tell You
- By PolicyBazaar -
Updated: 10 June 2020 -
- 209704 Views
9 Secrets That Your Motor Insurance Provider Won’t Tell You Due to the dangerous driving conditions, it is compulsory to have third party insurance for every vehicle plying on Indian roads. It ensures the overall sa...read more