- Save up to 80%*
- Compare 20+ insurers
- 25 lakh+ vehicles insured
Getting Your Duplicate Car Insurance Policy is Easy-Here’s How!
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 196 -
Insurance offers much-needed financial protection in case of a crisis. When vehicle insurance is mandatory in India, you can’t afford to lose it. Car insurance provides the same protection against the expenses arising out of accidental damages, theft or other related perils. Hence, keeping the policy active and handy is important. But what if you’re unable to keep it safe or loss it.
Well, losing important documents such as your car insurance document can be daunting. In such state of affairs, the first thing that comes to your mind is the penalties. But are you aware that you can replace your lost policy? All you need to do is to approach the right way!
Let’s assume you own HDFC ERGO car insurance, a duplicate copy of which is required now. However, the process is not the same as HDFC insurance policy download, which can be initiated by you as well. In order to avail a duplicate copy:
- Immediately Inform the Insurer: Let your insurer know that the policy is lost without a delay. You can contact their toll-free number and inform about the same. It is important to explain about the incident as soon as possible and apply for the duplicate copy. It is because you can’t drive your vehicle without valid insurance, which will lead to a huge penalty on road.
- File an FIR: FIR is an important document to be filed in case of loss of insurance document. You can approach the nearest Police station to do the formalities. An FIR will be helpful in justifying your case or aid in faster duplicate insurance certificate You should also keep a copy of the FIR with you.
- Role of Advertisement: It is essential to place an advertisement in English, Hindi or other regional newspaper in circulation in the place where the policy was lost. Bear in mind that, the cost of the advertisement will be borne by you only.
- Write to the Insurance Provider: You can write an application as well seeking for the duplicate insurance certificate and submit the same to the insurance provider. The application should contain information such as the name of the insured, the policy number, date of issuance, type of coverage etc. Also, submit a copy of the police complaint, which will help you explain the reason of loss to the insurer.
- Indemnity Bond: Executing an indemnity bond is the last step toward acquiring a duplicate insurance copy. You can get the bond affirmed by a notary. You will have to pay a stamp fee based on the norms of the insurance company to procure the duplicate certificate. There may also be a fee associated with issuing the copy. However, before processing the same, you should check with your insurer.
Upon receiving of every document, the insurer will issue a duplicate copy of your car insurance policy. The copy will clearly display the term ‘DUPLICATE’ on the top of the document. Also, you’re recommended to keep this copy safe!
- Most Read
- Getting Your Duplicate Car Insurance Policy is Easy-Here’s How!
Date: 20 June 2019
- Car Insurance Add on Covers that are Crucial
Date: 12 June 2019
- Role of Return to Invoice Cover in Car Insurance!
Date: 07 June 2019
- HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Customer Care Number
Date: 07 June 2019
- How to Download TATA AIG Car Insurance Policy and Claim Form
Date: 04 June 2019
- Top 5 Motor Insurance Companies in India
Views : 327036
- What Everybody Ought to Know about Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Cover?
Views : 267359
- Insured Declared Value (IDV)
Views : 239870
- 9 Secrets That Your Motor Insurance Provider Won’t Tell You
Views : 203094
- Money Saving Advice for All Car Owners
Views : 195054
GET ARTICLE ON EMAIL
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator