Ashok Leyland Insurance
Ashok Leyland is the second leading commercial vehicle manufacturers in India. The company is owned by the Hinduja Group and is known for manufacturing almost all types of commercial vehicles. In the bus manufacturing section, it stands at the 4th position and for the trucks section, it is the 10th largest manufacturer worldwide.Read more
Since it is mandatory to insure the commercial vehicle before playing in on the roads in India, thus, it is essential to get the Ashok Leyland insurance. An insurance policy for Ashok Leyland commercial vehicles enables its owners to get financial help at the time of vehicle’s damage or loss incurred due to an accident, natural calamities, or manmade disasters.
Popular Ashok Leyland Commercial Vehicle Models with Insurance Price
Ashok Leyland CV Model (2019 Registration)
Ashok Leyland Model Variant
Insured Declared Value (IDV)
Ashok Leyland Insurance Premium (Third-Party Insurance)
Ashok Leyland 2820
GVW 28000 – Diesel
Ashok Leyland 2825
GVW 35000 – Diesel
Ashok Leyland 4220
GVW 42000 – Diesel
Ashok Leyland Bada Dost
I4 GVW 3490 – Diesel
Ashok Leyland Dost
Delivery Van – Diesel
Ashok Leyland Partner
2670 BS-III Cabin Chassis – Diesel
Disclaimer: The Ashok Leyland Insurance Price for various Commercial Vehicle models may vary as per the engine capacity, IDV, type of fuel, RTO, registration year, etc.
Reasons to Buy Ashok Leyland Insurance Policy
Here are the reasons to purchase a commercial vehicle insurance policy for Ashok Leyland commercial vehicles:
- Ashok Leyland Insurance policy for commercial vehicles provides cover for any damages or losses caused to a third-party person or property.
- Comprehensive commercial vehicle insurance covers damages or losses incurred to own vehicle as well as to third-party.
- The facility of cashless insurance service throughout all the network garages of the insurance provider is offered.
- The Ashok Leyland insurance online purchase process is simple and quick.
- Ashok Leyland's insurance renewal process is fast and easy.
- The facility of 'No Claim Bonus' is provided.
- Ashok Leyland insurance claim settlement method is hassle-free.
Types of Ashok Leyland Insurance Policy
Ashok Leyland Third-Party Insurance: A third-party vehicle insurance policy is mandated by the Indian Motor Vehicle Act and this law is stricter for commercial vehicles. Purchasing third-party commercial vehicle insurance is the basic requirement of a commercial vehicle owner as it provides insurance coverage against third-party injury and damages.
Ashok Leyland Comprehensive Insurance: It is not mandatory by law to buy a comprehensive insurance policy for commercial vehicles, however, this type of insurance policy is much more advantageous than a third-party insurance plan. On one hand, where a third-party commercial vehicle insurance policy provides protection against third-party damages, a comprehensive insurance policy covers the insured commercial vehicle against financial losses. In addition to this, one can purchase add-on covers for enhancing the coverage.
Inclusions of Ashok Leyland Insurance Policy
The inclusions of Ashok Leyland Insurance policy are:
- Any loss or damage incurred to a third-party person or property is covered.
- The cost of legal liabilities that arise due to an accident with a third party is also covered.
- Damages incurred because of fire, lightning, and self-ignition are covered.
- The policyholder is compensated with the insured declared value (IDV) in case of housebreaking, burglary, or theft of the commercial vehicle.
- Unintentional damages that arise due to an accident are covered under Ashok Leyland insurance.
- Any damages or losses incurred to the commercial vehicle due to natural calamities are covered.
- Commercial vehicle damage that arises due to malicious activities is covered.
- Any loss or damage incurred to the insured commercial vehicle from some terrorist activities is covered.
- Personal accident cover is offered in case of permanent or total disability to the owner or driver of the vehicle or in case of his/her death.
Additional Covers in Ashok Leyland Insurance Policy
To increase the scope of coverage of Ashok Leyland Insurance for commercial vehicles, there are many add-ons or additional coverage offered by various insurance providers. Some of the common additional covers are:
- Zero depreciation cover
- Protection of ‘No Claim Bonus’ add-on
- Roadside assistance add-on cover
- Outstation emergency additional cover
- Key replacement cover
- Cover for consumables
- Cover for engine protection
- Return to invoice cover
- For passengers - personal accident cover
Exclusions of Ashok Leyland Insurance
The exclusions of this insurance policy are:
- A claim that is raised for issues that are other than policy coverage.
- Damages are caused when the commercial vehicle is outside its geographical limit of the commercial vehicle.
- Damages or losses are caused when the commercial vehicle is used for the purpose for which it is not fit.
- Consequential losses are not covered.
- Damages or losses are caused when the driver is driving under the influence of alcohol.
- Damages or losses are caused when the driver is driving without a valid driving license.
- Damages or losses caused due to war or war-like situations.
- Damages or losses caused due to nuclear weapon material or radioactivity.
- Any kind of intentional damages is not covered.
How to Buy Ashok Leyland Insurance Online
Today, when we can buy everything online, it is very simple to purchase commercial vehicle insurance online. The steps to buying Ashok Leyland insurance online are as follows:
- Go to the commercial vehicle insurance page and click purchase insurance for a commercial vehicle.
- Mention all the details such as make and model of the Ashok Leyland commercial vehicle, its RTO information, details of manufacturing, type of insurance like comprehensive/third-party insurance, claim details, etc.
- After filling in all the information, one can select the insurance quote from the list of insurers for Ashok Leyland commercial vehicle.
- Now, one has to choose an insurance policy that meets his/her needs and then make the payment online.
- The policy after this is mailed to the registered email id of the insured or one can download it.
ACE Crane Insurance
Atul Auto Insurance
Bajaj Auto Insurance
Bharat Benz Insurance
City Green Auto Insurance
City Life E-Rickshaw Insurance
Force Motors Insurance
Hero Electric e-Rickshaw Insurance
Indo Farm Tractor Insurance
International Tractors Insurance
John Deere Insurance
Kubota Tractor Insurance
Massey Ferguson Insurance
New Holland Tractor Insurance
Powertrac Tractor Insurance
Preet Tractor Insurance
Saarthi E-Rickshaw Insurance
Scooters India Insurance
Swaraj Tractor Insurance
TATA Motors Insurance
Volta Trucks Insurance
Volvo Truck Insurance
Yatri E-Rickshaw Insurance
How to Renew Ashok Leyland Insurance Online
The steps to renew the Ashok Leyland Insurance policy online are as follows:
A policyholder should submit the renewal form of Ashok Leyland Insurance with the below-mentioned information and an insurance company’s representative will get in touch with him/her:
- Name of the policyholder
- His/her email-id
- His/her mobile number
- His/her landline number (if exists)
- Ashok Leyland vehicle model
- Commercial vehicle’s registration city
- Registration year
- Whether the previous Ashok Leyland Insurance policy was expired or not
- Type of commercial vehicle insurance policy:
- Buy a policy for a brand new commercial vehicle
- Renew an existing Ashok Leyland Insurance policy
- Renew an existing Ashok Leyland Insurance policy from a different insurer
Ashok Leyland Insurance Policy Claim Procedure
- The very first step that a policyholder has to do while filing a claim for Ashok Leyland Commercial Vehicle insurance policy is to inform the insurance provider at its toll-free number.
- For cashless claim settlement of Ashok Leyland insurance, the insured has to fix an appointment with the surveyor of the insurance provider. After performing the survey, the vehicle is taken to any of the network workshops of the insurance provider for repair.
- An insured must have to provide all the necessary documents to the surveyor.
- The insurance company can confirm the liability only after that.
- If one avails the cashless service, the Ashok Leyland insurer will settle the claim directly with the network garage.
- However, if one avails the reimbursement facility, he/she must settle the claim cost first by self. Later, he/she can provide all the original bills with the claim form to the insurer for settling the claim.
Documents Required for Ashok Leyland Insurance Claims
- Claim form that is duly filled and signed
- Driving license’s copy
- Registration certificate’s copy
- Copy of FIR
- Repair estimate
- Load challan (for commercial vehicles only)
- Permit of the commercial vehicle
Ashok Leyland Insurance Policy FAQs
Ans: The below-mentioned factors determine the premium of Ashok Leyland Insurance policy:
- Cost of the commercial vehicle
- Year of manufacturing
- Additional accessories
- Insurance policy type
- The claim history of the driver/owner
- Driving habits
Ans: No, if you choose to purchase a commercial vehicle insurance policy like Ashok Leyland insurance online, you can get it within a few minutes.
Ans: Purchasing an insurance policy for a commercial vehicle online has many advantages over buying it offline. Some of these advantages are – you can compare the premiums of various insurance plans and there is no commission for insurance agents. So, it is always recommended to buy an insurance policy online.
Secure your commercial vehicle
Renew via self video inspection
Lowest premium starting ₹ 3,211
Standard T&C Apply.
Commercial Vehicle insurance articles
16 Sep 2022Due to easy commutes, and low fares, the demand for
16 Sep 2022Buses are passenger-carrying heavy-duty commercial vehicles that
07 Sep 2022Auto rickshaws have been the best mode of last-mile connectivity
06 Sep 2022In India, you must have seen different types of commercial
27 Jul 2022If you are planning to buy a private bus for setting up a transport