City Green Auto Insurance
City Green Auto and Petrochemicals Private Limited is a leading manufacturer of battery-operated e-rickshaws in India. The company has been offering an economic range of green autos that are fully tested, standardized, and also energy efficient. To financially secure the company’s e-rickshaws, people can buy City Green Auto insurance.Read more
City Green Auto Insurance Overview
Every e-rickshaw owner must have a commercial vehicle insurance policy to drive the vehicle on the roads of India. The City Green Auto insurance policy is specifically designed to financially protect e-rickshaws by the company against any unforeseen damages that could lead to huge repair expenses. These unforeseen damages may arise out of events like earthquakes, strikes, riots, third party liabilities, fire as well as theft.
In other words, City Green Auto insurance is a commercial vehicle insurance policy that provides financial assistance to the vehicle owner whenever the e-rickshaw faces any unforeseen loss or damages. The policy can be customized as per the needs and budget of the vehicle owner.
Popular City Green Auto Models with Insurance Price
City Green Auto Model
City Green Auto Variant
City Green Auto Insurance Price*
Rs. 4,909 onwards
City Green 1
Rs. 4909 onwards
*Disclaimer: The City Green Auto insurance price for different variants depend on multiple factors like IDV, registration year, coverage opted, add-ons preferred, etc.
Reasons to Buy a City Green Auto Insurance Policy
If you are an e-rickshaw owner, it is essential for you to purchase City Green Auto insurance due to the following reasons:
- Fulfills Mandatory Requirement -As per the IRDAI, it is compulsory for every e-rickshaw owner to at least have a third party commercial insurance policy for his/her vehicle. Thus, by buying a valid auto insurance policy, you fulfil the legal mandate for plying on the roads of India.
- Prevent Financial Burden -Purchasing an auto-rickshaw insurance policy is also an economical way to protect your e-rickshaw from any unforeseen damages, such as a road accident, theft, fire, etc. With an auto insurance policy, you can easily save yourself from bearing huge financial repair expenses at the time of any unanticipated loss.
- Avoid Traffic Fines -You can also save yourself from heavy traffic fines if you have a valid auto insurance policy for your e-rickshaw.
Types of City Green Auto Insurance Policy
There are two types of City Green Auto Insurance policy available for purchase. They are
1. City Green Third Party Auto Insurance
This commercial auto insurance policy offers coverage against any third party liability sustained by the insured e-rickshaw. Under this plan, coverage is offered for third party demise, injury, and property damages of the third party with the insured e-rickshaw.
2. City Green Comprehensive Auto Insurance
The comprehensive commercial vehicle insurance policy for City Green Auto offers protection to the insured e-rickshaw against damages due to unforeseen incidents like road accidents, fire, theft, natural calamities, and more. Along with this, a comprehensive e-rickshaw insurance policy also offers coverage against third party liabilities involving the insured e-rickshaw.
Inclusions of City Green Auto Insurance
A City Green Auto insurance policy offers the following inclusions under its coverage:
- Damages sustained by the insured vehicle due to manmade acts like riots, strikes, or terrorist acts.
- Damages sustained by the insured e-rickshaw due to any natural calamity like an earthquake, a hurricane, flood, cyclones, etc.
- Any loss or damage to the insured vehicle due to fire, or explosion.
- Damages to the insured e-rickshaw due to theft or housebreaking.
- Third-party damages sustained by the passengers, third party property, or death and injury of the third party.
- Any external accidental damage, such as a road accident, of the insured e-rickshaw.
Additional Covers Under City Green Auto Insurance
The City Green Auto insurance coverage can also be enhanced by purchasing add-on covers for an additional premium. These add-ons are:
- Accessories Cover
- Zero Depreciation Cover
- Towing Cover
- Engine Protect Cover
- Personal Accident Cover
- Legal Liability to Paid Driver
Exclusions of City Green Auto Insurance
There are some risks that are not covered under the City Green Auto insurance policy. These risks are:
- Damages sustained by the insured e-rickshaw due to wear, tear, and regular use over years.
- Any consequential loss or damage to the insured vehicle.
- Loss incurred by the insured vehicle due to civil war or nuclear attack.
- Damages sustained by insured e-rickshaw if the driver was driving without a valid driving license.
- Any electrical or mechanical failure to the insured vehicle.
- Losses sustained by the insured e-rickshaw if it was used for a purpose other than specified in the policy terms. For instance, a commercial vehicle is used for private purposes.
How to Buy City Green Auto Insurance Online?
A City Green auto insurance policy can be purchased easily by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit Policybazaar.com and go to the ‘Commerical Vehicle Insurance’ page from the ‘Insurance Products’ dropdown
- In the form given, enter your name and mobile and proceed with 'View Free Quotes'.
- Choose the type of vehicle as 'Electric Rickshaw'
- Now select your vehicle's manufacturer as 'City Green Auto', vehicle model, and variant
- Select your vehicle registration year and enter the RTO of your vehicle
- Select your existing policy expiry date and proceed
- From the mentioned City Green Auto insurance plans, select the one that suits your requirements.
- You can also select add-ons covers that you wish to add to proceed with your desired plan.
- Fill in customer and vehicle details on the next page and view the summary
- Verify all the details and proceed with 'Payment'
- Once the premium has been verified, you can pay City Green Auto price as per your desired payment mode.
- After the payment is complete, you will receive your commercial vehicle insurance policy paper and confirmation at your email address.
How to Renew City Green Auto Insurance?
For City Green Auto insurance renewal online, you can visit Policybazaar.com and follow the
- Visit the ‘Commercial Insurance’ page from the ‘Insurance Products’ dropdown
- Fill in the personal details like name, email, etc., and proceed with ‘View Prices’
- Select policy expiry date and whether you have previously made a claim or not
- From the given City Green Auto insurance plans, find the plan that best suits your
needs. Also, select your preferred add-on covers.
- Select No Claim Bonus percentage of your existing commercial insurance policy
- Fill out the proposal form and confirm the details
- Proceed with premium payment
- Once the premium has been verified, you can make the renewal payment.
- Your City Green Auto insurance renewal will be complete And your policy renewal
papers will be sent to you to your mail address.
ACE Crane Insurance
Ashok Leyland Insurance
Atul Auto Insurance
Bajaj Auto Insurance
Bharat Benz Insurance
City Life E-Rickshaw Insurance
Force Motors Insurance
Hero Electric e-Rickshaw Insurance
Indo Farm Tractor Insurance
International Tractors Insurance
John Deere Insurance
Kubota Tractor Insurance
Massey Ferguson Insurance
New Holland Tractor Insurance
Powertrac Tractor Insurance
Preet Tractor Insurance
Saarthi E-Rickshaw Insurance
Scooters India Insurance
Swaraj Tractor Insurance
TATA Motors Insurance
Volta Trucks Insurance
Volvo Truck Insurance
Yatri E-Rickshaw Insurance
Claim Procedure for City Green Auto Insurance
Here is how you can raise a City Green Auto insurance claim in a few simple steps:
- Inform your insurance company soon after the incident so that a claim can be registered at the earliest
- The insurance company will send a surveyor to make an estimate of the damages sustained by the insured vehicle.
- Keep all the relevant documents handy as you will need them to fill out the claim form
- Once the surveyor has inspected the damages, the insured commercial vehicle will be sent for repairs.
- If the repairs have been done in a network garage, the insurer will settle the claim with the network garage. However, if the repairs have been done in the non-network garage, the repair bill will be reimbursed to you after you submit all the required documents.
Documents Required for a City Green Auto Insurance Claim
The documents required for a City Green Auto insurance claim are mentioned below:
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- Copy of driving license
- Copy of FIR
- Estimates of repair and repair bills
- Load challan
- Permit of commercial vehicle
- Copy of Registration Certificate
Q1. How is the IDV of my City Green Auto e-rickshaw calculated?
Ans. The IDV or Insured Declared Value of your City Green Auto e-rickshaw is calculated by determining the current market value of the vehicle. The current market value is estimated after deducting the age-based depreciation from the total value of the vehicle.
Q2. Is it compulsory to have insurance for my City Green Auto electric rickshaw?
Ans. Yes. As per the Insurance Regulatory and Development of India (IRDAI), it is mandatory to have at least a third party commercial insurance policy for an electric rickshaw.
Q3. Can I renew my City Green Auto e-rickshaw insurance online?
Ans. Yes, you can easily renew your e-rickshaw insurance online by comparing multiple plans at websites like Policybazaar.com.
Q4. What is a cashless claim settlement of City Green Auto insurance?
Ans. Under a cashless claim settlement, you can get your City Green Auto e-rickshaw repaired in an authorized network garage without having to pay for the expenses from your pocket. Instead, the insurance company directly pays the claim amount to the network garage.
Q5. For how long will my City Green Auto insurance policy be valid?
Ans. Usually, a commercial auto insurance policy is valid for a period of one year. However, few insurers also offer City Green Auto insurance policy for a tenure of 2 to 3 years.
Secure your commercial vehicle
Renew via self video inspection
Lowest premium starting ₹ 3,211
Standard T&C Apply.
Commercial Vehicle insurance articles
16 Sep 2022Due to easy commutes, and low fares, the demand for
16 Sep 2022Buses are passenger-carrying heavy-duty commercial vehicles that
07 Sep 2022Auto rickshaws have been the best mode of last-mile connectivity
06 Sep 2022In India, you must have seen different types of commercial
27 Jul 2022If you are planning to buy a private bus for setting up a transport