City Life E-Rickshaw Insurance
If you have a City Life e-rickshaw or are planning to purchase one, then you must have a City Life e-rickshaw insurance policy to financially and legally protect your vehicle against any uncertain event on road for instance a roadside breakdown of your vehicle.Read more
City Life E-Rickshaw Insurance Overview
One of the leading manufacturers of battery operated e-rickshaws, City Life uses high-end tech and innovation to manufacture a variety of electric vehicles for commercial purposes. The City Life e-rickshaws are well known for their strength, efficient design and ease of use.
A City Life e-rickshaw insurance policy is an essential requirement if you are looking to purchase this e-rickshaw for commercial use. This policy covers the insured vehicle from multiple unforeseen losses that it may sustain on road, such as a collision or theft. It also offers compensation against third party damages caused by your e-rickshaw.
Reasons to Buy City Life E-Rickshaw Insurance Policy
Here is why you should consider purchasing a commercial vehicle insurance policy for your City Life e-rickshaw:
- Legally Mandatory: One of the most important reasons to buy a City Life e-rickshaw insurance policy is its mandatory requirement in India. Thus, every vehicle owner must have a valid commercial vehicle insurance policy to drive in India.
- Saves from Fines: If you are caught without a valid commercial vehicle insurance policy in India, you may have to pay heavy fines to the traffic police. Thus, to save yourself from paying such hefty fines, you must have a City Life e-rickshaw insurance for your commercial vehicle.
- Financial Coverage: Other than anything else, having an e-rickshaw insurance policy can financially cover you and your e-rickshaw from many unanticipated events on the road such as an accident, third party damage, fire, or theft, etc.
- Personal Accident Cover: With a City Life e-rickshaw insurance policy, you can also cover the owner/driver of the vehicle by adding a Personal Accident Cover to your policy.
Types of City Life E-Rickshaw Insurance Policy
You can purchase two major types of City Life e-rickshaw insurance policies. These are:
City Life Third Party E-Rickshaw Insurance
A City Life third party e-rickshaw insurance policy covers a policyholder against any third party damage arising out of the insured e-rickshaw. It provides financial protection against third-party property damage, death and disability of the third party. The compensation offered in case of third party death/disability can be unlimited while for third party property it is limited to Rs. 7.5 lakh.
This commercial vehicle insurance policy only covers the third parties and excludes covering any damage sustained by the insured vehicle.
City Life Comprehensive E-Rickshaw Insurance
A City Life comprehensive e-rickshaw insurance policy offers extensive coverage to the policyholder. This commercial vehicle insurance policy covers an insured e-rickshaw against damages arising out of uncertain events on road such as a road accident, collision, strikes, earthquakes, fire, etc.
Moreover, this policy also covers any third party liability arising out of the insured vehicle.
Inclusions of City Life E-Rickshaw Insurance Policy
Damages or risks that are covered under a City Life e-rickshaw insurance policy include:
- Losses sustained by the insured e-rickshaw due to theft or burglary are included in a commercial vehicle insurance policy
- Any damage to the third person arising out of the insured e-rickshaw is also covered
- Damages caused to the insured vehicle due to manmade acts like terrorist acts, strikes, riots, etc.
- Damages arising out of any natural calamity such as an earthquake, cyclone, hurricane, or storm are also covered under the City Life e-rickshaw insurance policy
- Damages arising out of the fire, explosion or self-ignition of the insured vehicle
- Any loss sustained by the insured vehicle while it was in transit via any mode of transport is also covered in the policy
Additional Covers under City Life E-Rickshaw Insurance
A policyholder can also enhance the coverage of his/her City Life e-rickshaw insurance policy by purchasing some additional covers. These add-on covers include:
- Nil Depreciation Cover
- PA Cover for Owner Driver
- PA Cover for Paid Driver
- Roadside Assistance Cover
- IMT 23 Cover
- Legal Liability to Paid Driver
Exclusions of City Life E-Rickshaw Insurance Policy
A City E-Life e-rickshaw insurance policy does not cover the following damages and losses:
- Losses arising out of personal use of e-rickshaw are not covered under the e-rickshaw insurance policy
- Electrical or mechanical breakdown of the insured e-rickshaw
- Damages caused to the insured vehicle when the driver was drunk driving are also excluded
- Any damage caused to the insured vehicle when the driver was not carrying a driving license
- Losses arising outside the geographical location as specified in the commercial vehicle insurance policy
- Depreciation borne by the insured e-rickshaw is not covered under the policy coverage
- Any consequential damage caused to the insured vehicle is also not covered.
How to Buy City Life e-Rickshaw Insurance Online?
Follow these easy steps to buy a City Life e rickshaw insurance online:
- Visit the official website of Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited (Policybazaar.com)
- From the ‘Insurance Products’ dropdown, select the ‘Commercial Vehicle Insurance’ page
- Enter your name and mobile number in the form given on the page
- Now select the type of commercial vehicle from the table
- Select details like brand name, RTO, registration year, model of the e-rickshaw
- From the given City Life e-rickshaw plans, choose the desired plan
- Select any additional cover you wish to include in your plan
- Now proceed with ‘Summary and Payment’
- Fill out the form and verify the rest of the details on the next pages
- Pay the premium amount using any of the online payment modes
- Once the premium has been paid, your City Life e-rickshaw insurance policy papers will be mailed to you.
ACE Crane Insurance
Ashok Leyland Insurance
Atul Auto Insurance
Bajaj Auto Insurance
Bharat Benz Insurance
City Green Auto Insurance
Force Motors Insurance
Hero Electric e-Rickshaw Insurance
Indo Farm Tractor Insurance
International Tractors Insurance
John Deere Insurance
Kubota Tractor Insurance
Massey Ferguson Insurance
New Holland Tractor Insurance
Powertrac Tractor Insurance
Preet Tractor Insurance
Saarthi E-Rickshaw Insurance
Scooters India Insurance
Swaraj Tractor Insurance
TATA Motors Insurance
Volta Trucks Insurance
Volvo Truck Insurance
Yatri E-Rickshaw Insurance
How to Renew City Life E-rickshaw Insurance?
For easy City Life e-rickshaw insurance renewal, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit Policybazaar.com and go to the ‘Commercial Vehicle Insurance’ page from the homepage
- On the form given, enter your name and email address and proceed further
- Select vehicle type, brand, model, and variant
- Enter the RTO and registration year of the vehicle
- Select the expiry date of the previous City Life e rickshaw policy along with claim details
- Choose a City Life e-rickshaw renewal plan and additional covers along with your plan
- Select the previous NCB discount
- Pay renewal premium using UPI, bank cards or net banking mode of payment
- After successful payment, your City Life e-rickshaw renewal documents will be sent to your email address.
Claim Procedure under City Life E-Rickshaw Insurance
To raise a City Life e-rickshaw insurance claim without much hassle, follow these below-mentioned steps:
- Intimate your insurer as soon your e-rickshaw has met with an accident. Upon your intimation, your insurer will register a claim.
- A surveyor will be sent to assess the cost of damages sustained by the insured e-rickshaw
- You will now be required to get your documents verified along with your claim form
- Once the verification is done, the insured vehicle will be sent for repairs to an authorised network garage
- Upon the completion of repairs, the insurance company will settle the claim directly with the authorised network garage.
Documents Required to Raise a Claim under City Life E-Rickshaw Insurance
To raise a claim under City Life e-rickshaw insurance, you must have the following documents handy with you:
- Commercial vehicle insurance documents
- Copy of driving license
- Registration Certificate of the insured e-rickshaw
- Fitness certificate of the e-rickshaw
- Repairs Bills and estimates of repair
- Copy of Police FIR
- Duly signed and filled claim form
Ans. Follow the tips mentioned below to reduce your City Life e-rickshaw insurance premium:
- Do not make a claim during the policy tenure
- Compare e-rickshaw insurance plans before purchasing
- Avoid buying unnecessary add-ons
- Install an anti-theft device in your e-rickshaw
Ans. Yes, as per the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, it is mandatory for every commercial vehicle owner to have a valid commercial vehicle insurance policy for their vehicle. Thus to legally drive on the roads of India, you must have a valid e-rickshaw insurance policy.
Ans. No, you cannot have one commercial vehicle insurance policy for all your e-rickshaws. It is mandatory to have one e-rickshaw insurance policy for each of your City Life electric rickshaws.
Q4. How can I calculate the premium of my City Life e-rickshaw insurance policy before purchasing it?
Ans. Calculating the premium of your City Life e-rickshaw can be done using a Commercial Vehicle Insurance Premium Calculator. Simply head to Policybazaar.com, and enter your vehicle details in our Commercial vehicle insurance premium calculator. The calculator will tell you the premium of your e-rickshaw which you can also compare with other insurers and choose the right plan for your vehicle.
Ans. Yes, it is mandatory to have a copy of the Police FIR while filing a claim under the City Life e-rickshaw insurance policy. A Police FIR is a necessary document to raise third party liability and theft-related claims.
Secure your commercial vehicle
Renew via self video inspection
Lowest premium starting ₹ 3,211
Standard T&C Apply.
Commercial Vehicle insurance articles
16 Sep 2022Due to easy commutes, and low fares, the demand for
16 Sep 2022Buses are passenger-carrying heavy-duty commercial vehicles that
07 Sep 2022Auto rickshaws have been the best mode of last-mile connectivity
06 Sep 2022In India, you must have seen different types of commercial
27 Jul 2022If you are planning to buy a private bus for setting up a transport