Whether one owns or drives a commercial vehicle that someone else drives, the responsibility is of the owner completely. Therefore, for staying safe, it is always beneficial to have a commercial vehicle insurance policy. Most of the business owners in India own commercial vehicles like trucks, tractors, etc. and one of the popular brands that manufacture various types of commercial vehicles is Eicher. The company is known for manufacturing different types of trucks and has its presence in the tractor and tipper segment as well. For providing insurance coverage to Eicher commercial vehicles, there are Eicher Insurance policies available.Read more
Eicher insurance policy provides financial protection to Eicher commercial vehicles against various damages that can be caused due to collisions, accidents, fires, natural calamities, and theft.
Popular Eicher Models with Insurance Price
Eicher CV Model (2019 Registration)
Eicher Model Variant
Insured Declared Value (IDV)
Eicher Insurance Premium (Third-Party Insurance)
Eicher Pro 2049
GVW 4995 – CNG
Eicher Pro 2059
HSD – Diesel
Eicher Pro 2095
CBC GVW 10700 – Diesel
Eicher Pro 2110
HSD – Diesel
Eicher Pro 3015
HSD SLP GVW 16020 – Diesel
Disclaimer: The Eicher Insurance Price for various Commercial Vehicle models may vary as per the capacity of the engine, IDV, fuel type, RTO, year of registration, etc.
Reasons to Buy Eicher Insurance Policy
Here are the reasons to buy the Eicher Insurance policy:
- Buying Eicher insurance online is simple and quick.
- It protects the commercial vehicle against damage or loss that arise because of collision, accidental damage, theft, explosion, flood, terrorism, storm, earthquake, and others.
- As per law, it is mandatory to at least have a third-party commercial vehicle insurance policy. This is because a third-party commercial vehicle insurance plan provides coverage against any third-party losses and damages that could be caused by an insured truck/ commercial vehicle.
- On the other hand, a comprehensive Eicher insurance policy covers both third-party damages and own damages.
- Driver, owner, and passengers can as well get personal accident cover.
- No claim bonus is also offered.
- A cashless claim settlement facility is offered in-network hospitals.
- Personal accident cover for passengers is also provided.
- The process of Eicher insurance renewal is easy and fast.
- Eicher insurance claim settlement is quick and hassle-free.
Types of Eicher Insurance Policy
Eicher Comprehensive Insurance: This is an optional insurance policy for commercial vehicles and it is not compulsory to have this policy. However, it is always advantageous to insure a commercial vehicle with a comprehensive insurance policy. This is because a comprehensive Eicher Insurance policy offers coverage for losses and damages caused to own vehicle and third-party person or property as well. Eicher insurance comprehensive policy covers the insured commercial vehicle against damages caused due to natural calamities and man-made disasters. It also provides insurance coverage third-party liabilities arise due to injury, death, or property damage caused to any third party by the insured commercial vehicle.
Eicher Third-Party Insurance: As per the Motor vehicle Act, 1988, it is mandatory to have at least a third-party insurance policy for the commercial vehicle. Under this type of commercial vehicle insurance, any loss or damage incurred to any third-party person or property is covered. Under this type of Eicher Insurance policy, one does not get any coverage for own damage instead all the losses and damages incurred to third-party are covered.
Inclusions of Eicher Insurance Policy
The inclusions of the Eicher Insurance policy are as follows:
- Any loss or damage incurred due to:
- Strike, riot
- Malicious act
- Terrorist activity
- Fire explosion, lightning or self-ignition
- Rockslide landslide
- Accident due to any external means
- Frost, hailstorm, inundation
- Strom, flood, hurricane, typhoon
- Third-party insurance coverage that provides cover against losses that incur because of bodily injury, damage to third-party property, death to a third party by the insured commercial vehicle.
Additional Covers in Eicher Insurance Policy
Additional covers provide add-on benefits over the basic insurance policy. However, one has to pay an extra premium for adding the riders or additional covers to his/her Eicher Insurance policy for a commercial vehicle. The Eicher Insurance Policy details for additional covers are given below:
- Depreciation Waiver Cover: The depreciation cover offers coverage against the depreciation of metal and plastic parts of the commercial vehicle.
- Windshield Glass Cover: When the windshield glass (either back or front) breaks, it has to be replaced or repaired. For this one can get additional cover.
- Enhanced Personal Accident Cover: This is an extension of basic personal accident cover. One can get this cover under the additional covers section by paying some extra premium.
Exclusions of Eicher Insurance Policy
The exclusions of the Eicher insurance policy are as follows:
- Any damage or loss due to nuclear risks or war.
- Damage or loss due to ionizing radiation.
- Deductibles as mentioned in the policy.
- A commercial vehicle was driven by someone else than the driver of the vehicle and as mentioned in the ‘Driver’s Clause’.
- The commercial vehicle used other than its limitations of use. For instance, if one uses his/her private vehicle for commercial purposes.
- Damage or loss due to an accident that occurs outside the geographical area of the commercial vehicle.
- Any kind of consequential loss is not covered. For example, when original damage causes subsequent loss or damage. In this case, only the original damages to the commercial vehicle are covered.
ACE Crane Insurance
Ashok Leyland Insurance
Atul Auto Insurance
Bajaj Auto Insurance
Bharat Benz Insurance
City Green Auto Insurance
City Life E-Rickshaw Insurance
Force Motors Insurance
Hero Electric e-Rickshaw Insurance
Indo Farm Tractor Insurance
International Tractors Insurance
John Deere Insurance
Kubota Tractor Insurance
Massey Ferguson Insurance
New Holland Tractor Insurance
Powertrac Tractor Insurance
Preet Tractor Insurance
Saarthi E-Rickshaw Insurance
Scooters India Insurance
Swaraj Tractor Insurance
TATA Motors Insurance
Volta Trucks Insurance
Volvo Truck Insurance
Yatri E-Rickshaw Insurance
How to Buy Eicher Insurance Online
Nowadays, everything is available online and one can purchase even commercial vehicle insurance for his/her Eicher commercial vehicle online easily by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the commercial vehicle insurance page and click buy commercial vehicle insurance.
- Provide all the details like make and model of the Eicher commercial vehicle like RTO information, manufacturing details, insurance type like comprehensive or standard insurance/ third-party insurance, details of the claim, etc.
- After filling in all the details, one can select the quote from the list of insurance providers for Eicher commercial vehicles.
- Now, one has to select a policy that meets his/her requirements and then make the payment.
- The policy is then mailed to the registered email id of the policyholder or one can download it.
How to Renew Eicher Insurance Online
The steps to renew the Eicher Insurance policy online are as follows:
One has to submit the renewal form of Eicher Insurance with the below-mentioned information and a representative will get in touch with him/her:
- Name of the insured
- His/her mobile number
- His/her email-id
- His/her landline number (if applicable)
- Eicher vehicle model
- City of registration of the commercial vehicle
- Year of registration
- Whether the previous Eicher Insurance policy was expired or not
- Type of commercial vehicle insurance policy:
- Purchase a policy for brand new commercial vehicle
- Renew an existing Eicher Insurance policy
- Renew an existing Eicher Insurance policy from a different insurance provider
Eicher Insurance Policy Claim Procedure
- At the time of filing a commercial vehicle claim, the very first step is to inform the insurance provider at his/her toll-free number.
- For Eicher insurance cashless claim settlement, one has to fix an appointment with the surveyor of the insurer. After the survey, the commercial vehicle is taken to any of the network garages of the insurer for repair.
- One must have to provide all the required documents to the surveyor.
- The insurance company can then only confirm the liability.
- If one avails the cashless service, the Eicher insurance provider will directly settle the claim with the network workshop.
- However, if one opts for reimbursement, then he/she needs to settle the cost of a claim first by self. Later, he/she can submit all the original bills along with the claim form to the insurance provider for settling the claim.
Documents Required for Eicher Insurance Claims
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- Copy of registration certificate
- Copy of driving license
- FIR copy
- Estimate of repair
- Load challan (in case of the commercial vehicle)
- Commercial vehicle permit
Eicher Insurance Policy FAQs
Q1. Should I purchase commercial vehicle insurance for my Eicher truck that I use in my business?
Ans. Yes, as per Motor Vehicle Act, it is mandatory to buy at least a third-party vehicle insurance policy for your commercial vehicle.
Q2. How can I choose the most suitable Eicher insurance policy for my commercial vehicle?
Ans. Since there are several commercial vehicle insurance plans available online, it becomes difficult to select the most suitable one. Here we are mentioning a few tips to choose the most suitable commercial vehicle insurance plan:
- Select right Insured Declared Value of your vehicle
- Choose an insurer that has a good claim settlement ratio.
- Check the required add-ons.
- And finally, select a plan that is offered at a suitable premium to you.
Q3. What types of trucks can be insured in an Eicher insurance policy?
Ans. All the trucks that are used for the commercial purpose can be insured, such as all the:
- Mini truck
- Medium trucks
- Light trucks
- Off-road trucks
Should be insured.
Q4. What are the factors that affect the premium of my Eicher Insurance premium?
Ans. The below factors affect the premium of the Eicher insurance policy:
- Engine, make, and model of your truck
- The location where your truck is used
- Purpose and type of the truck
- Type of truck insurance plan
No-claim bonus of your commercial vehicle or truck
Secure your commercial vehicle
Renew via self video inspection
Lowest premium starting ₹ 3,211
Standard T&C Apply.
Commercial Vehicle insurance articles
16 Sep 2022Due to easy commutes, and low fares, the demand for
16 Sep 2022Buses are passenger-carrying heavy-duty commercial vehicles that
07 Sep 2022Auto rickshaws have been the best mode of last-mile connectivity
06 Sep 2022In India, you must have seen different types of commercial
27 Jul 2022If you are planning to buy a private bus for setting up a transport