Scooters India Insurance
Scooters India Limited was incorporated in the year 1972. It is an ISO 9001:2000 certified company and is known for developing, designing, and marketing, and manufacturing a broad spectrum of non-conventional and conventional fuel-driven three-wheelers. Three-wheelers are used for business purposes and hence they come under the commercial vehicle category.Read more
Since as per the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988, it is compulsory to get the insurance of vehicles and so does is the case with Scooter India three-wheelers. It is compulsory to get Scooter India insurance.
Popular Scooter India Models with Insurance Price
Scooters India Model (2019 Registration)
Scooters India Model Variant
Insured Declared Value (IDV)
Scooters India Insurance Premium (Third-Party Insurance)
Scooters India – Auto Rickshaw
STR 4 – Diesel
Scooters India – Tempo
STR 5 – Diesel
Scooters India – Vikram
Scooters India – Vikram 750 D
STR 10 – Diesel
Disclaimer: The Scooters India Insurance Price for various Commercial Vehicle models can vary as per the capacity of the engine, RTO, IDV, fuel type, year of registration, etc.
Reasons to Buy Scooters India Insurance Policy
Here are the reasons to purchase Scooters India Insurance policy:
- As per the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988, it is mandatory to buy a vehicle insurance policy before plying it on the roads.
- To get insurance cover against losses and damages incurred to third-party persons or property in case of an accident or collision by an insured commercial vehicle.
- To get insurance coverage for insured commercial vehicle against losses or damages incurred to it.
- Buying a Scooter India insurance policy online is simple and quick.
- The Scooter India insurance renewal process is easy and fast.
- The insurance policy as well provides personal accident insurance cover for the owner, driver, and occupants of the insured commercial vehicle.
Types of Scooters India Insurance Policy
Third-Party Insurance: A third-party liability insurance policy is the basic insurance required for any vehicle in India and is mandated by law. Under this type of vehicle insurance plan, a policyholder gets insurance coverage against losses and damages incurred to third-party property or persons in an accident or collision by the insured vehicle. However, one does not get any kind of insurance coverage for the insured commercial vehicle.
Comprehensive Insurance: Even though a comprehensive vehicle insurance policy is not mandated by law, but the insurance experts suggest getting this type of insurance. This is because it offers comprehensive cover that means the policyholder gets insurance cover for their vehicle (insured vehicle) and third-party as well against losses and damages.
Inclusions of Scooters India Insurance Policy
The inclusions of Scooters India insurance policy are as follows:
- The Scooters India insurance policy provides insurance coverage for the insured vehicle in case of losses or damages incurred to it because of any of the following reasons:
- Riot, strike
- Malicious act
- Landslide, rockslide
- Terrorist activity
- Fire explosion, self-ignition, or lightning
- Accidents incurred because of any external reasons
- Frost, hailstorm
- Typhoon, storm, flood, and hurricane
- Third-party liability insurance for Scooters India commercial vehicles provides insurance coverage against death or bodily injury incurred to a third-party person or property by the insured commercial vehicle.
- Most commercial vehicle insurance providers provide personal accident cover for the driver, owner, and co-passengers traveling in the insured commercial vehicle.
Additional Covers in Scooters India Insurance Policy
To enhance the coverage of his/her scooters India insurance policy one can add additional covers or add-ons by paying an extra premium. Some of the common add-ons or additional covers offered for Scooters India commercial vehicles are as follows:
- Additional Cover to Protect Engine: Engine protection add-on cover is one of the most useful rider benefits available for vehicles. Under this add-on cover, one gets insurance coverage for the engine of the vehicle and its various parts.
- Zero Depreciation Add-On Cover: Everything depreciates with time and so do the commercial vehicles. The depreciation plays a major role when one files a claim for his/her commercial vehicle as he/she does not get complete coverage. To avoid this, there is zero depreciation additional cover provided for commercial vehicles.
- No Claim Bonus Protection Additional Cover: No Claim Bonus or NCB is the bonus that a policyholder gets for not making any claims during the policy tenure. However, he/she cannot avail of the benefits of NCB as soon as he/she makes even the smallest claim. To avoid this, an add-on to protect NCB is available.
Apart from these three, there are many other additional covers available for the owners of commercial vehicle insurance policy, such as the return of invoice, roadside assistance, etc.
Exclusions of Scooters India Insurance Policy
The exclusions of the Scooters India Insurance policy are as follows:
- Any kind of mechanical or electrical breakdowns is not covered.
- Losses or damages incurred to Scooters India commercial vehicle by a person who is driving it without a valid driving license are not covered.
- Losses or damages incurred to Scooters India commercial vehicle by a person who is driving it under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicating drugs are not covered.
- Consequential losses are as well not covered in a Scooters India Insurance policy.
- All other exclusions are mentioned in the policy documents.
How to Buy Scooters India Insurance Online
In this time of internet and online shopping one can buy anything to everything online and so does is the case with an insurance policy for a commercial vehicle. A Scooters India commercial vehicle owner can now buy a Scooters India insurance policy online by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the commercial vehicle insurance page and click purchase commercial vehicle insurance.
- Provide all the required information of the commercial vehicle like its make and model, information of its RTO, insurance type like comprehensive/third-party insurance, its manufacturing details, details of the claim, etc.
- After providing all the aforementioned details, one can select the quote from the list of insurance providers for Scooters India commercial vehicles.
- Then one has to choose an insurance policy as per his/her needs and after this, he/she can make the payment online.
- The purchased Scooters Indian insurance policy is e-mailed to the registered email id of the insured or one can do Scooters India insurance policy download as well.
How to Renew Scooters India Insurance Online
The steps for Scooters India insurance renewal online are as follows:
To renew his/her Scooters India insurance policy one has to provide the policy renewal form with the below-mentioned information. After this insurance company’s representative will get in touch with him/her:
- Policyholder’s name
- His/her mobile number
- His/her email-id
- His/her landline number
- Model of the Scooters India commercial vehicle
- City of registration of Scooters India commercial vehicle
- Whether the last Scooters India Insurance policy was expired or not
- Year of registration
- Insurance policy type:
- Purchase a Scooters India insurance policy for a brand new Scooters India commercial vehicle
- Renew an existing Scooters India Insurance policy
- Renew an existing Scooters India Insurance policy from a different insurance provider
Scooters India Insurance Policy Claim Procedure
- At the time of filing a claim, the Scooters India commercial vehicle owner has to inform the insurance company at its toll-free number.
- For cashless claim settlement of Scooters India Insurance, a policyholder has to fix an appointment with the insurance company’s surveyor. After completion of the survey successfully, the Scooters India commercial vehicle is taken to any of the network workshops of the insurance provider for repair.
- A policyholder has to give all the required documents to the insurance company’s surveyor.
- The insurance company can confirm the liability after that.
- If the insured opts for the cashless service of claim settlement, the Scooters India insurance company will settle this claim with the network garage directly.
- However, when one opts for the claim reimbursement option, he/she is needed to settle the claim’s cost first by himself. After that, he/she can submit all the required original bills with the claim form to the insurance company to settle the claim.
Documents Required for Scooters India Insurance Claims
- Filled and signed claim form
- Copy of the registration certificate
- Copy of the driving license
- Copy of FIR
- Estimate of the repair
- Permit of the commercial vehicle
- Load challan
ACE Crane Insurance
Ashok Leyland Insurance
Atul Auto Insurance
Bajaj Auto Insurance
Bharat Benz Insurance
City Green Auto Insurance
City Life E-Rickshaw Insurance
Force Motors Insurance
Hero Electric e-Rickshaw Insurance
Indo Farm Tractor Insurance
International Tractors Insurance
John Deere Insurance
Kubota Tractor Insurance
Massey Ferguson Insurance
New Holland Tractor Insurance
Powertrac Tractor Insurance
Preet Tractor Insurance
Saarthi E-Rickshaw Insurance
Swaraj Tractor Insurance
TATA Motors Insurance
Volta Trucks Insurance
Volvo Truck Insurance
Yatri E-Rickshaw Insurance
Scooters India Insurance Policy FAQs
Ans. The below-mentioned risks are covered under a Scooters India third-party insurance policy:
- Damage to third-party vehicle
- Injury or death to a third-party person
Ans. Yes, it is necessary to get the insurance of your Scooters India commercial vehicle like any other vehicle. This is because it is illegal to use a commercial vehicle without an insurance policy in India.
Ans. The NCB or No Claim Bonus remains intact even if you want to change the insurer at the time of policy renewal. The NCB also gets transferred to the new insurer.
Secure your commercial vehicle
Renew via self video inspection
Lowest premium starting ₹ 3,211
Standard T&C Apply.
Commercial Vehicle insurance articles
16 Sep 2022Due to easy commutes, and low fares, the demand for
16 Sep 2022Buses are passenger-carrying heavy-duty commercial vehicles that
07 Sep 2022Auto rickshaws have been the best mode of last-mile connectivity
06 Sep 2022In India, you must have seen different types of commercial
27 Jul 2022If you are planning to buy a private bus for setting up a transport