Volta Trucks Insurance
Volta Trucks are the world's first electric commercial vehicles aimed to create zero-emission cities all over the world. A Volta truck insurance can financially protect your truck against any unforeseen damage that it may sustain such as damage due to a road accident.Read more
Volta Trucks Insurance Overview
With an aim to reduce the harmful effects of global warming, the Volta Trucks have launched Volta Zero trucks. These trucks have powerful features and are highly suitable for commercial purposes.
By purchasing a Volta trucks insurance, you can get compensated against any damage that your truck may sustain due to unanticipated events like road accidents, manmade acts, natural disasters, etc. Moreover, you can also get covered against any liability that may arise out of third-party damages due to the insured vehicle.
Reasons to Buy Volta Trucks Insurance Policy
Below mentioned are a few reasons to buy a Volta trucks insurance policy:
- Mandatory Purchase: Purchasing a commercial vehicle insurance policy for Volta trucks in India is also a mandatory procedure as per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
- Protection Against Theft: With a Volta truck insurance policy, you can also protect your truck against any damage arising out of theft or burglary.
- Convenient Purchase: A commercial vehicle insurance policy can also be purchased online without much hassle.
- Additional Covers: You can also enhance the coverage of your Volta truck insurance policy by purchasing add-on covers.
You might be interested in
Types of Volta Trucks Insurance Policy
A policyholder can purchase two types of Volta trucks insurance policies. These are:
Third Party Volta Truck Insurance Policy
With a third party Volta truck insurance policy, you can get compensated against any third party liabilities arising out of the insured truck. These liabilities include third party property damage, injury or death of the third party. This commercial insurance policy is a mandatory cover as per the motor laws but does not cover own damages sustained by the insured truck.
Comprehensive Volta Truck Insurance Policy
A comprehensive Volta truck insurance policy compensates a policyholder against any damages sustained by the insured truck due to unforeseen events like a strike, riot, collision, etc. This policy also compensates for any third party liability caused due to the insured truck. A comprehensive truck insurance policy is not mandatory but offers a wider coverage to the policyholder.
Inclusions of Volta Trucks Insurance Policy
By purchasing a Volta truck insurance policy, you can get coverage against the following damages:
- Losses arising out of any third party liability such as death, injury or property damage of the third party
- Any loss caused to the insured truck due to manmade acts like strikes, riots, terrorist activities, etc
- Damages to the insured vehicle due to natural calamities like cyclones, earthquakes, hurricanes, etc
- Any damage arising out of theft or burglary of the insured vehicle
- Losses arising out of the fire, explosion or self-ignition
- Any damage to the insured truck while its in transit via road, rail or air or water
Additional Covers Under Volta Trucks Insurance
A Volta truck insurance can also be extended by purchasing additional covers at an extra premium amount. These add-ons are:
- IMT 23 Cover
- Zero Depreciation Cover
- Legal Liability Cover
- Breakdown Assistance Cover
- PA Cover for Owner/Driver
- PA Cover for Paid Driver
Exclusions of Volta Trucks Insurance Policy
A Volta truck insurance does not compensate a policyholder against the following damages:
- Damages arising out of any contractual liability of the owner/driver of the vehicle
- Any damage sustained by the insured truck due to electrical or mechanical failure
- Any loss or damage sustained by the insured Volta truck when the driver was under the influence of alcohol
- Losses arising out of private use of commercial vehicles
- Any damage sustained by the insured truck when the driver was not carrying a driving license
- Any losses arising out of nuclear or civil war
- Losses arising out of regular wear and tear of the insured truck
- Damages to the insured truck when driven outside the specified geographical limits
ACE Crane Insurance
Ashok Leyland Insurance
Atul Auto Insurance
Bajaj Auto Insurance
Bharat Benz Insurance
City Green Auto Insurance
City Life E-Rickshaw Insurance
Force Motors Insurance
Hero Electric e-Rickshaw Insurance
Indo Farm Tractor Insurance
International Tractors Insurance
John Deere Insurance
Kubota Tractor Insurance
Massey Ferguson Insurance
New Holland Tractor Insurance
Powertrac Tractor Insurance
Preet Tractor Insurance
Saarthi E-Rickshaw Insurance
Scooters India Insurance
Swaraj Tractor Insurance
TATA Motors Insurance
Volvo Truck Insurance
Yatri E-Rickshaw Insurance
How to Buy Volta Trucks Insurance Online?
To buy a Volta truck insurance policy online, visit the official website of Policybazaar Insurance
Brokers Private Limited and follow these simple steps:
- Navigate to the ‘Commercial Vehicle Insurance’ page from the ‘Insurance Products’ menu
- In the given form, mention your name and mobile number and proceed further
- Select vehicle type, manufacturer, model, RTO, and registration year on the next pages
- From the given Volta truck insurance plans, choose your desired plan
- Select any additional cover that you wish to add
- Fill in the given proposal form with the rest of the details
- Proceed with premium payment
- Once you have successfully paid the premium, your Volta truck insurance policy will be issued. Your truck policy papers will be mailed to you.
How to Renew Volta Trucks Insurance?
For Volta truck insurance renewal online, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit Policybazaar.com and select the ‘Insurance Products’ dropdown
- Now, navigate to the ‘Commercial Vehicle Insurance’ page
- Enter your name and mobile number
- Choose vehicle details such as type, manufacturer, variant, RTO etc
- Enter the details of the previous truck insurance policy
- Select the desired Volta truck insurance plan along with additional covers
- Move to Summary and Payment
- Now pay the premium amount via your desired online payment mode
- Your Volta truck insurance renewal papers will be mailed to you once you have paid the premium successfully.
Claim Procedure Under Volta Trucks Insurance
Follow these steps to easily raise a Volta truck insurance claim:
- Intimate the insurer about the damages so that a claim can be registered
- A surveyor will be sent to examine the damages and ascertain the cost
- You will be required to submit the claim form along with certain relevant documents to the insurance company
- After the formalities are complete, your Volta truck will be sent for repairs to the authorised garage
- Once the repairs are done, the insurance company will directly settle the claim with the network garage
- If the repairs have been done in a non-network garage, the insurer will reimburse you the claim amount after the repairs.
Documents Required to Raise A Claim Under Volta Trucks Insurance
Below mentioned are the compulsory documents required to raise a Volta truck insurance claim:
- Copy of Volta truck insurance papers
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- Valid fitness certificate
- Driving licence of the driver
- Copy of registration certificate
- Copy of Policy FIR
Ans: Yes. As per the motor laws of India, it is mandatory for every Volta truck owner to have a legal commercial vehicle insurance policy for his/her truck.
Ans: Yes. You can compare Volta truck insurance policies from multiple insurers and choose the one that suits your requirements on Policybazaar.com.
Ans: Yes. Your Volta truck insurance policy will cover you if your tractor has sustained total or partial loss due to theft or burglary. If it's a total loss, you will receive an amount equal to the IDV of your Volta truck.
To reduce your Volta truck insurance premium, you can follow these steps:
- Retain your NCB discount
- Install anti-theft devices
- Compare truck insurance policies online
- Opt for deductibles
Ans: You can pay the premium of your Volta truck insurance policy on Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited via online payment modes such as Net banking, Bank cards and UPI.
Secure your commercial vehicle
Renew via self video inspection
Lowest premium starting ₹ 3,211
Standard T&C Apply.
Commercial Vehicle insurance articles
16 Sep 2022Due to easy commutes, and low fares, the demand for
16 Sep 2022Buses are passenger-carrying heavy-duty commercial vehicles that
07 Sep 2022Auto rickshaws have been the best mode of last-mile connectivity
06 Sep 2022In India, you must have seen different types of commercial
27 Jul 2022If you are planning to buy a private bus for setting up a transport