E-Lifetime Income Plan, launched by Kotak Mahindra Old Mutual Life Insurance Ltd, is a unique immediate annuity product that offers an option to choose a beneficiary other than self. The beneficiary can be any close blood relative or spouse except self. The quoted income rate on purchasing the plan has a lifetime annuitant guarantee which doesn't changes with changing market scenarios. In response to increasing population longevity and a necessity of a regular income for a longer period of time, this plan is highly demanded among geographically mobile youth population like NRIs or people living away from their home in search for career opportunities.
At the time of purchase, a onetime premium is paid out to the annuitant who is paid by the proposer. This one time premium is paid out at the chosen interval which can be monthly, quarterly, half yearly or yearly at the predefined annuity rate which is promised at the time of purchase.
There are three factors on which the annuity rates will depend – age of the annuitant, amount invested and annuity option chosen. 18 years is the minimum age of entry for the proposer and the minimum entry age for annuitant is 45 years. The minimum one time investment can be Rs. 50,000. This single premium is also eligible for a tax deduction under section 80CCC.
This unique immediate annuity product provides a choice of four appealing income options:
- Lifetime Income – It provides a regular stream of income throughout the life of the annuitant. Payout ceases in case the annuitant dies.
- Lifetime Income with cash-back – This option in addition to giving a regular stream of income throughout the life of the annuitant, and, returns the purchase price to the nominee upon the death of the annuitant. In case if nominee is absent, it is given to the policyholder.
- Lifetime Income with a term guarantee – This option offers a regular income for a guaranteed period of time that can be 5 years or either of 10, 15, and 20 as chosen by the proposer. The income continues irrespective of the death of the annuitant during the guaranteed period and for annuitant’s life in case of her/his survival after the guaranteed period.
- Last survivor Lifetime Income – It along with giving a regular stream of income throughout annuitant’s life, also continues it after the death of the annuitant to the surviving spouse of annuitant.
This unique product has fulfilled an urgent requirement-gap that exists among mobile populations for securing incomes of loved ones back home. This product is also for those who wish to secure their own retirement income. This is a convenient one time investment guaranteeing one's parents and loves ones a regular income and financial peace of mind.
- Most Read
- Long Term Capital Gains Tax: Time for ULIPs to Rise and Shine
Date: 05 February 2018
- Term Vs Whole Life Insurance: Which one you Should Buy?
Date: 01 February 2018
- Why Should You Invest in LIC’s New Children Money Back Plan?
Date: 31 January 2018
- How to Financially Secure Your Child's Future
Date: 25 January 2018
- Everything You Need To Know About LIC Pension Plans
Date: 25 January 2018
- Best 5 LIC Policies To Invest in 2018
Views : 1257413
- How to Check LIC Policy Status, Details, Statement via Online/SMS/Call
Views : 1221371
- A Quick Guide To Post Office Monthly Income Scheme
Views : 489614
- Best Term Insurance Plans in India with Claim Settlement Ratio
Views : 482601
- National Pension Scheme (NPS) – Govt Approved Pension Scheme
Views : 364342