Piaggio Porter Insurance
One of the world leaders in the manufacturing industry, Piaggio Group has been selling a range of light commercial vehicles such as Piaggio Porter for many years. A Piaggio Porter insurance can help Piaggio owners protect their vehicles from many unforeseen incidents like road accidents, riots, fires etc.Read more
Piaggio Porter Insurance Overview
The Piaggio Porter by Piaggio Group is a commercial pickup truck under their Commercial Vehicle brand. These pickups offer great features like cabin space, amazing mileage and come at a highly economical price.
If you have a Piaggio Porter or thinking to buy one, you must also purchase a Piaggio Porter commercial vehicle insurance policy. It is not only legally mandatory but also protects your vehicle from unanticipated situations like fire, natural disasters, manmade calamities, etc. It also provides compensation against third party liabilities arising due to the insured vehicle.
Popular Piaggio Porter Models With Insurance Price
Piaggio Porter Model
Piaggio Porter Fuel Variant*
Piaggio Porter Insurance Price*
Piaggio Porter 700
Rs. 8,438 onwards
Piaggio Porter 600
Rs. 8,238 onwards
*Disclaimer: The Piaggio Porter insurance price for different variants depends on IDV, RTO, coverage opted, NCB, etc.
Reasons to Buy Piaggio Porter Insurance Policy
Here is why you should purchase a Piaggio Porter insurance policy:
- Mandatory by Law: Purchasing commercial vehicle insurance is mandatory under the motor laws of India. Thus, if you want to legally drive on the roads of India, you should buy a Piaggio insurance policy for your pickup.
- Cover Against Contingencies: With a commercial insurance policy, you can also cover your vehicle against many unforeseen contingencies such as earthquakes, strikes, fire, theft, etc.
- Third-Party Coverage: Apart from covering a vehicle against its own damages, Piaggio Porter insurance will also cover any third-party liability arising due to the insured vehicle.
- Personal Accident Cover: With Piaggio Porter insurance, you will also receive a compulsory personal accident cover of Rs. 15 lakh for the owner/driver of the vehicle.
Types of Piaggio Porter Insurance Policy
There are two basics types of Piaggio Porter insurance policies offered by insurance companies. These are
Piaggio Porter Third-Party Insurance
A third party or liability only insurance for commercial vehicles provides compensation against damages sustained by the third party such as third party death, injury or property damage of the third party. This is a mandatory cover as per the motor laws of India and excludes covering own damages sustained by the insured vehicle.
Piaggio Porter Comprehensive Insurance
The comprehensive commercial vehicle insurance policy is not a mandatory policy but is recommended as it offers wider coverage against uncertainties on road. This commercial vehicle policy compensates a policyholder against damages or losses due to uncertain events like a road accident, natural calamity, burglary, fire, etc. This policy also covers third party liabilities and can be further enhanced by purchasing additional add-on covers for the insured vehicle.
Inclusions of Piaggio Porter Insurance Policy
The inclusions of Piaggio Porter insurance include:
- Damages were incurred to the insured Piaggio Porter pickup due to an external accident.
- Damages to the commercial vehicle due to strikes, riots, etc.
- Losses to the insured vehicle due to lightning, fire, self-ignition, etc.
- Damages to the insured vehicle due to theft or housebreaking.
- Third-party damages such as demise, injury, and property damages involving the insured vehicle.
- Damages due to natural calamities like floods, cyclones, hurricanes, etc.
Additional Covers Under Piaggio Porter Insurance
A policyholder can also enhance the coverage of Piaggio Porter insurance by opting for various additional covers by paying an extra premium. These add-ons are
- Nil Depreciation Cover
- Breakdown Assistance Cover
- Personal Accident Cover
- Engine Assistance Cover
- Loss of Personal Belongings Cover
- Consumables Cover
Exclusions of Piaggio Porter Insurance Policy
A Piaggio Porter insurance policy does not provide compensation for certain risks. These are:
- Damages arising out of contractual liabilities
- Damages to the insured commercial vehicle due to civil or nuclear war
- Damages sustained when the driver was drunk while driving the insured vehicle
- Damages to the insured vehicle when the driver was not having a valid driving license
- Damages sustained by the insured Piaggio Porter outside the geographical location
- Damages were caused when the commercial vehicle was being used for other purposes such as private purposes.
- Damages caused due to mechanical or electrical failure of the insured commercial vehicle
How to Buy Piaggio Porter Insurance Online?
Follow these steps to purchase a Piaggio Porter insurance policy online:
- Visit the official website of Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited
- From the “Insurance Products’ dropdown, select “Commercial Vehicle Insurance”
- Enter your contact details and proceed
- Choose the type of your commercial vehicle
- Now select your vehicle's manufacturer, model, and variant
- Select registration year and RTO
- Choose your preferred plan from the mentioned Piaggio Porter insurance plans
- Select the additional covers you wish to add
- Fill in the given form and proceed with payment
- Now pay the premium amount via any payment method
- Once you have successfully paid the premium, your Piaggio Porter insurance papers will be sent to your email id.
How to Renew Piaggio Porter Insurance?
To renew Piaggio Porter insurance online, you can visit Policybazaar.com and follow these simple steps:
- Navigate to the ‘Commercial Vehicle Insurance’ page from the ‘Insurance Products’ dropdown
- Fill out the form with your name and mobile number
- Enter vehicle’s manufacturer, variant, model, RTO, etc
- Select policy expiry and claim details
- Select the preferred Piaggio Porter renewal plan along with add-ons
- Fill in the given form accurately
- Pay the Piaggio Porter renewal premium amount
- After premium payment, your IPiagggio Porter insurance renewal papers will be emailed to you.
ACE Crane Insurance
Ashok Leyland Insurance
Atul Auto Insurance
Bajaj Auto Insurance
Bharat Benz Insurance
City Green Auto Insurance
Force Motors Insurance
Hero Electric e-Rickshaw Insurance
Indo Farm Tractor Insurance
International Tractors Insurance
John Deere Insurance
Kubota Tractor Insurance
Massey Ferguson Insurance
New Holland Tractor Insurance
Powertrac Tractor Insurance
Preet Tractor Insurance
Saarthi E-Rickshaw Insurance
Scooters India Insurance
Swaraj Tractor Insurance
TATA Motors Insurance
Volta Trucks Insurance
Volvo Truck Insurance
Yatri E-Rickshaw Insurance
Claim Procedure Under Piaggio Porter Insurance
To raise a claim under Piaggio Porter insurance, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Register the Piaggio Porter claim by informing the insurer about the damages caused to the vehicle due to an unforeseen incident.
- The insurer will then send a surveyor for the inspection of damages
- The surveyor will ask for some documents for the verification process. Make sure to keep all the relevant documents with you
- After the verification, the insured vehicle will be sent to the network garage for repairs and the claim will be settled with them via the cashless claim process.
- If the repairs have been done in a non-authorized garage, the insurer will compensate you for the damages after the repairs and the claim will be settled.
Documents Required for Claim Under Piaggio Porter Insurance
The documents required to raise a claim under Piaggio Porter insurance are:
- Copy of Fitness Certificate
- Copy of policy documents
- A valid driving license
- Copy of Registration Certificate
- Copy of Police FIR
- Repair Bills and estimates
Ans: Yes, you can compare multiple Piaggio Porter insurance plans of different insurers on Policybazaar.com and choose the one that fits your budget.
Ans: Yes, renewing a Piaggio Porter insurance policy is a simple process from insurance aggregators like Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited.
Ans: Yes, it is compulsory to file a Police FIR to register a claim under third party insurance claims.
Ans: You can reduce the premium of your Piaggio Porter insurance in the following ways:
- Installing anti-theft devices in your vehicle
- Opting for the voluntary discount offered by the insurer
- Saving up on your No Claim Bonus discount
- Compare commercial vehicle insurance plans before purchasing
Ans: You can pay the premium of your Piaggio Porter insurance policy online on Policybazaar.com via payment modes like Net banking, UPI and debit/credit cards.
Secure your commercial vehicle
Renew via self video inspection
Lowest premium starting ₹ 2,072
Standard T&C Apply.
Commercial Vehicle insurance articles
18 May 2022Third party motor insurance pool came into existence on 1st April...
16 May 2022A smart truck is heavy machinery that offers both power and...
13 May 2022With the rising air pollution, there is a rise in the demand for...
09 May 2022Tata Motors is one of the popular and favourite commercial vehicle...
05 May 2022Buying or selling a used truck involves a lot of effort. During...