Piaggio Vehicles Private Limited is among the firsts commercial vehicle manufacturers to bring the concept of three-wheelers in goods transportation in India. This Italian company came into the commercial vehicle market in India in the year 1999. cover. It covers the customer for both financial as well as legal liabilities. The company manufactures some of the best cargo vehicles that are used for a variety of applications to suit customer requirements. The commercial vehicles offered by Piaggio Vehicles are available at a reasonable price and offer spacious cabin space and excellent mileage.Read more
The vehicles on the road are prone to damage and hence the government of India has made it mandatory to get their insurance before playing them on the roads. Since most of the Piaggio commercial vehicles are used for business purposes, their damage or loss can cause a huge financial loss. Therefore, to minimize the risks that may come due to these uncertainties it is best to get a Piaggio insurance policy.
Popular Piaggio Models with Insurance Price
Piaggio CV Model (2019 Registration)
Piaggio Model Variant
Insured Declared Value (IDV)
Piaggio Insurance Premium (Third-Party Insurance)
APE Auto DX – CNG
Piaggio APE City
Compact Diesel – Diesel
Piaggio APE Cargo D600
STR 7 – Diesel
Piaggio APE City Smart
1920/CNG – CNG
Piaggio APE D3S
STR 3 – Diesel
Disclaimer: The Piaggio Insurance Price for various Commercial Vehicle models may vary as per the engine capacity, type of fuel, year of registration, RTO, IDV, etc.
Reasons to Buy Piaggio Insurance Policy
Here are the reasons to buy Piaggio insurance policy:
- Purchasing a vehicle insurance policy is mandated by the law. So, one should purchase at least a third-party Piaggio insurance policy for his/her commercial vehicle.
- A third-party vehicle insurance policy offers insurance cover against damages and losses incurred to a third-party person or property by the insured commercial vehicle.
- Whereas, a comprehensive insurance policy offers insurance cover against damages and losses incurred to third-party and insured vehicle both.
- Buying a Piaggio insurance policy online is quick and simple.
- The process of Piaggio insurance renewal is easy and fast.
- Piaggio Insurance claim settlement process is hassle-free and quick.
- The facility of ‘No Claim Bonus’ is offered with a Piaggio insurance policy.
- One gets personal accident cover for the owner/ driver of his/her insured commercial vehicle.
- A facility of additional coverage is offered to enhance the coverage of the Piaggio insurance policy.
Types of Piaggio Insurance Policy
Piaggio Third-Party Insurance: A third-party vehicle insurance policy provides insurance coverage against losses and damages incurred to third-party property or person by the insured vehicle. A third-party insurance policy is the minimum insurance requirement that a vehicle owner should have as per the Motor Vehicle Act. Under this policy, no insurance cover is provided to the insured vehicle.
Piaggio Comprehensive Insurance: A comprehensive insurance policy is not mandated by the law, but the insurance experts suggest opting for it. The reason for the same is its vast coverage. Under this, insurance cover for own vehicle and third party both are provided. A comprehensive insurance plan provides coverage against losses and damages incurred to the insured vehicle and/or third party in an accident, natural calamities, or manmade disaster.
Inclusions of Piaggio Insurance Policy
The inclusions of Piaggio insurance policy are:
- Any loss or damage incurred to the insured commercial vehicle due to:
- An external accident
- Strike, riot
- Fire explosion, lightning, self-ignition
- Terrorist activity
- Hailstorm, frost
- Under third-party insurance, coverage against losses and damages incurred to third-party property or person by the insured commercial vehicle is covered. A third-party insurance policy provides cover in case of bodily injury or death to a third-party person or damage to third-party property caused by the insured vehicle.
- Personal accident coverage for owner/ driver is also offered in most commercial vehicle insurance policies.
Additional Covers in Piaggio Insurance Policy
Most of the insurance providers offer the feature of additional covers to their policyholders. An additional cover is also known as rider benefit and by adding it to a basic commercial vehicle insurance policy, one can enhance the policy coverage. However, for the same, one has to pay an additional premium as well. Some of the common additional covers offered in Piaggio insurance are as follows:
- Cover to protect the engine
- Zero depreciation cover
- Protection of ‘No Claim Bonus’ cover
- Key replacement cover
- For the commercial vehicles that are of passenger loading type, an additional personal accident cover for all the passengers traveling in it is also provided.
- Cover for consumables
- Return of invoice cover
Exclusions of Piaggio Insurance
A Piaggio insurance cover is not provided in the following case:
- Any loss or damage to the insured Piaggio vehicle outside its allowed geographical area.
- Any kind of consequential damage.
- If one claims for an issue that is not mentioned in the policy documents.
- Any type of consequential losses.
- Any kind of intentional damages incurred to the insured commercial vehicle.
- The losses and damages are caused when the driver was driving the insured vehicle under the influence of alcohol or intoxicating drug.
- When the damages in the insured
- The losses and damages incurred to the insured vehicle when the driver was driving it without a proper driving license.
How to Buy Piaggio Insurance Online
Today, one can buy anything online and so does is the case with Piaggio insurance. One can purchase a Piaggio insurance policy online by following the below-mentioned steps:
- The first step that one has to take is to visit the commercial vehicle insurance page and there select the option to buy a commercial vehicle insurance policy online.
- On this page, one has to mention all the details of his/her commercial vehicle like its make and model, types of insurance such as third-party or comprehensive insurance, claim specifications and details, the RTO information of the vehicle, manufacturing details, etc.
- After providing all the asked information, one can choose the insurance quote from the list of insurance providers for Piaggio commercial vehicle.
- One now has to choose an insurance policy as per his/her requirements and then make an online payment.
- The purchased insurance policy is then e-mailed to the registered email id of the insured or one can download it.
How to Renew Piaggio Insurance Online
The steps for renewal of the Piaggio Insurance policy online are as follows:
A policyholder should provide the Piaggio Insurance renewal form with the below details and then the representative of the insurance provider will get in touch with him/her:
- Policyholder’s name
- Policyholder’s landline number (if there)
- Policyholder’s mobile number
- His/her email-id
- The model number of Piaggio Commercial Vehicle
- Registration city
- Commercial vehicle’s registration year
- Whether the previous Piaggio Insurance policy was expired or not
- Type of Piaggio Insurance:
- Buy an insurance policy for a brand new Piaggio commercial vehicle
- Renew an existing Piaggio Insurance policy
- Renew an existing Piaggio Insurance policy from a different insurance provider
ACE Crane Insurance
Ashok Leyland Insurance
Atul Auto Insurance
Bajaj Auto Insurance
Bharat Benz Insurance
City Green Auto Insurance
City Life E-Rickshaw Insurance
Force Motors Insurance
Hero Electric e-Rickshaw Insurance
Indo Farm Tractor Insurance
International Tractors Insurance
John Deere Insurance
Kubota Tractor Insurance
Massey Ferguson Insurance
New Holland Tractor Insurance
Powertrac Tractor Insurance
Preet Tractor Insurance
Saarthi E-Rickshaw Insurance
Scooters India Insurance
Swaraj Tractor Insurance
TATA Motors Insurance
Volta Trucks Insurance
Volvo Truck Insurance
Yatri E-Rickshaw Insurance
Piaggio Insurance Policy Claim Procedure
- A policyholder should inform the insurance provider as early as possible at its toll-free number.
- In case of cashless claim settlement of the Piaggio insurance policy, the policyholder has to make an appointment with the insurance company’s surveyor. The damaged Piaggio commercial vehicle is then taken to the network garage of the insurer for repair only after the survey is completed successfully.
- An insured should provide all the necessary documents to the insurer’s surveyor.
- The insurer can give any confirmation on the liability only after the survey is completed successfully.
- If the insured avails the cashless facility of the insurer, the Piaggio insurance provider will settle the claim with the network garage directly.
- If the insured avails the facility of claim reimbursement, he/she has to do claim settlement first by him/herself. The insurance provider settles the cost later. However, for the same, the insured has to give the claim form with all the original bills to the insurance provider.
Documents Required for Piaggio Insurance Claims
- Signed and filled claim form
- Estimate of the repair
- Copy of the driving license
- Copy of registration certificate
- Permit of the commercial vehicle
- Commercial vehicles need to submit the load challan.
Piaggio Insurance Policy FAQs
Ans. You can check the status of your Piaggio insurance policy online by visiting the website of IIB. There you have to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Step 1: Visit the IIB web portal.
- Step 2: Provide all the required details like name, mobile number, or email id registration number of your vehicle, address, etc., and then provide the security captcha code.
- Step 3: Click ‘Submit’.
- Step 4: The details of the associated insurance policy of the commercial vehicle appear.
Ans. A commercial vehicle insurance policy is needed due to these reasons:
It protects your commercial vehicle from damages and losses that it encounters due to major or minor accidents, natural calamities, or even collisions.
Ans. The passengers are considered as third parties and hence they are covered in both third-party and comprehensive insurance.
Secure your commercial vehicle
Renew via self video inspection
Lowest premium starting ₹ 3,211
Standard T&C Apply.
Commercial Vehicle insurance articles
16 Sep 2022Due to easy commutes, and low fares, the demand for
16 Sep 2022Buses are passenger-carrying heavy-duty commercial vehicles that
07 Sep 2022Auto rickshaws have been the best mode of last-mile connectivity
06 Sep 2022In India, you must have seen different types of commercial
27 Jul 2022If you are planning to buy a private bus for setting up a transport