How to Update or Correct Aadhaar Card Details Online
Aadhar has turned out to be an extremely simple yet useful means to prove one's identity and address. And since most of the financial proceedings in our country have been subjected to a mandatory Aadhar verification, it is becoming an exceedingly important topic of concern for all Indian residents. However, oftentimes during the enrollment of one's Aadhar, the details don't tend to be updated precisely or up-to-date and that might lead to a huge amount of inconvenience later on. Even if every detail was updated precisely correct at the time of enrollment but you may have recently shifted to a new place and there is a change in your residential address, you need to get it updated on immediate basis to avoid any discrepancies later on.
The good thing is, Aadhaar card’s details correction don’t take much time to be processed. The UIDAI has developed a special commodity known as 'Aadhar Self Service Update Portal' (SSUP) to facilitate an easy and efficient way of Aadhar card correction online. This consists of three simple steps: entering the Aadhar ID, verifying the information and entering the new details that need to be updated.
NOTE: It is mandatory to have access to the registered phone number, for OTP based verification.
How to Update/Correct Aadhar Card Name/Address Details Online?
- Log on to the official website of UIDAI (www.uidai.gov.in) and click on the option saying ‘Update Aadhaar Details (Online)'. You can also visit the link: https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
- Enter the 12 digit Aadhar number printed on your Aadhar Card.
- Enter the 4 digit OTP that has been sent to the phone number that you registered at the time of Aadhar enrollment.
- Check mark the Address box in the list of options provided.
- Fill in the address details that are to be updated and ensure that you fill all the details in the local language that had been used at the time of Aadhar enrollment.
- Re-Confirm all the details and submit the request to proceed.
- Scan and upload the self-attested copies of the selected identity/address proof and ensure that only the original documents are provided, to avoid any inconvenience in the future.
- You'll be displayed an estimate of the time required to process and update your request by the UIDAI.
- Submit the Aadhar card update request.
After the request has been successfully submitted, an Update Request Number (URN) would be granted to you and will be displayed on the screen. This URN can be used to track the status of your Aadhar card correction/update request, by visiting the Update Request tracking page. (https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/check-status)
How to Update Mobile Number Linked with Aadhar?
- Login to the Aadhar Self Service Update Portal (SSUP), by providing your Aadhar number and the OTP sent to your registered mobile number
- Enter the new mobile number to be linked with your Aadhar in the space provided, adjacent to the banner saying 'Mobile Number'.
- An OTP would be sent to the new mobile number that is to be updated. Enter the OTP in the space provided, and click on 'Submit' to proceed.
- After submitting the request, you will be provided an Update Request Number (URN) for your update request, which can be used to track your Aadhar update status, at any time in the future.
What are the Documents Necessary for Submitting an Aadhar Card Correction/Update Request?
The documents to be scanned and uploaded for address change include passport, bank statement/passbook, and statement of post office account/passbook, ration card, voter ID, driving license, water bill and telephone landline bill, according to the UIDAI website. However, the water/electricity bills should not be older than three months of being issued. Also, following documents can be submitted supporting the Aadhar card update process:
- A valid government photo ID card or service photo identity card issued by PSU
- Property tax receipt (not older than one year)
- Credit card statement (not older than three months)
- Insurance policy
- Pensioner card
- Income tax assessment order
- Vehicle registration certificate (RC)
- Registered sale/ lease/rent agreement.
NOTE: While self-attesting the copies of the address/identity proofs, your signature /thumbprint should be present on them. Also, the Aadhar number needs to be written on all the self-attested copies of the documents to be uploaded. For children below five years, parent/guardian can fill and sign or provide thumbprint in the Aadhar Card change request form and supporting document copies.
Time and Fees Required for the Aadhar Card Update Process :-
According to the UIDAI guidelines, a time period of 90 days is guaranteed for the update/correction request to be successfully processed by the UIDAI officials. Meanwhile, you can track the status of your Aadhar update by visiting the UIDAI website and entering your Update Request Number.
There are no fees/charges imposed on the online Aadhar card update process, using the SSUP.
NOTE: A maximum of four (4) Aadhar card update requests can be made at once, exceeding which the request would be automatically rejected.
- Aviva Traditional Plans
- Bajaj Allianz Traditional Plans
- Bharti AXA Life Traditional Plans
- Birla Sun Life Traditional Plans
- Canara HSBC Traditional Plans
- DHFL Pramerica Traditional Plans
- Edelweiss Tokio Life Traditional Plans
- Exide Life Traditional Plans
- Future Generali Traditional Plans
- HDFC Life Traditional Plans
- ICICI Prudential Traditional Plans
- IDBI Federal Traditional Plans
- IndiaFirst Traditional Plans
- Kotak Life Traditional Plans
- LIC Traditional Plans