How to Verify Aadhaar Linked Mobile Number and Email-Id?
Aadhar has proved itself to be the handiest verification tool to authenticate one's identity. It provides you with the option of biometric (photo, fingerprint) verification, which is a rather a futuristic approach and a transparent identity verification method. The 12-digit Unique Identification Number (UID) provided by the UIDAI is referred to as the easiest and safest link of recording any financial proceedings in our country. It facilitates actions such as opening a bank account, filing your tax returns, applying for a mutual fund, applying for a Permanent Account Number (PAN) or savings schemes like the Public Provident Fund (PPF), or even applying for a passport or a driving license. At the time of Aadhar enrolment, you will be asked to provide a valid phone number and an email ID (optional). These will be registered as the permanent contact details linked to your Aadhar card.
However, verifying these contact details is an equally important step, as all the notifications/messages regarding your Aadhar card and UID would be delivered to these contacts. These contact details are especially important to help you complete the KYC verification process, facilitated by most banks or insurance companies. Updating/correction of Aadhar card details online, also requires an OTP-based verification process through your registered mobile number.
The UIDAI has made many facilities available, regarding one's Aadhar, using which you could easily update your details linked with the Aadhar. One of these options is the 'Verify Mobile Number and Email ID' tool, using which you could easily verify your Aadhar card contact details - provided a valid phone number is linked to your Aadhar and you are currently using the number.
You just need to visit the official UIDAI website (uidai.gov.in) in order to verify your contact details on your Aadhar card, in a few simple steps.
Verify Mobile Number and Email Linked With Aadhar:-
Have a look over these simple steps, to successfully verify your Aadhar mobile number and email ID:
- Visit the official UIDAI website - uidai.gov.in. Check the tab of 'Aadhar services', under which you would find another option called 'Verify Mobile Number/Email ID'.
- You will be required to enter your 12-digit Aadhar number, along with the email ID or phone number used at the time of Aadhar enrollment
- Enter the security code displayed in the captcha, and click on 'Get One Time Password'.
- An SMS, containing an OTP would be sent to the registered mobile number. The OTP needs to be entered in the space provided, in the right column, adjacent to the tab saying 'Enter OTP'.
- Click on 'Verify OTP'.
Once the mobile number and email ID is verified successfully, a message will appear on the screen saying 'Your Mobile Number and Email ID are successfully verified’. This denotes that the email ID and mobile number provided by you have been successfully verified and are linked with your Aadhar. Henceforth, all the notifications/messages regarding your Aadhar card verification/updates would be sent to the verified mobile number and email ID. Also, while carrying out any financial proceedings, such as opening a bank account, or KYC verification, the phone number provided should match the one linked with your Aadhar.
The process of verifying a phone number /email ID with your Aadhar doesn't take you a lot of time, as it's just a matter of minutes. You just have to keep your Aadhar number and phone handy. The entire verification process is done online without any human intervention, which considerably reduces its complexity, thus, making the process swift and rapid. The interface provided by the UIDAI portal is user friendly and is designed to enable the people a generalized experience, even if they are not too comfortable using computers.
NOTE: For carrying out the process of online verification of phone number and email ID, a valid phone number will have to be registered at the time of Aadhar enrollment as this phone number would be used to generate an OTP for the verification process.
If you have not already linked a phone number to your Aadhar, owing to any circumstances, you are required to visit the nearest Aadhar enrollment centre, in order to do so. Ensure that you visit a Permanent Enrollment Center authorized by the UIDAI, with your Aadhar Card, and some of your identity proofs. The nearest enrollment center can be found by visiting the UIDAI website, or visiting the link: https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx
Nowadays, even applying for educational institutions requires one to provide a valid Aadhar number, and even in future, the government plans to set up an easy, yet secure identification process throughout India, by implementing biometric methods such as fingerprint, retina and face detection systems, so that the people need not carry a bunch of IDs, every time they go out of their house.
There are a plenty of features associated with the Aadhaar Card that emphasizes it’s claim of a digital identity proof. Few of them are:
- One can easily update/modify her/his Aadhaar details through a registered phone number or email as an authentication method.
- The card number and few other details can be validated on the online portal (with the obvious exclusion of name).
- Aadhaar Card can also be availed in its electronic form (PDF format).
- Some of the core details of the card can be easily accessed by the digital XML format with the help of a QR code. The QR Code contains:
- Full name of the card holder
- Date of Birth
- Name of Father/Husband
- Full Address
- UID – Aadhaar Number
- Aviva Traditional Plans
- Bajaj Allianz Traditional Plans
- Bharti AXA Life Traditional Plans
- Birla Sun Life Traditional Plans
- Canara HSBC Traditional Plans
- DHFL Pramerica Traditional Plans
- Edelweiss Tokio Life Traditional Plans
- Exide Life Traditional Plans
- Future Generali Traditional Plans
- HDFC Life Traditional Plans
- ICICI Prudential Traditional Plans
- IDBI Federal Traditional Plans
- IndiaFirst Traditional Plans
- Kotak Life Traditional Plans
- LIC Traditional Plans