How to Link Your Aadhaar Card to Different Documents
AADHAR is one of the world's biggest biometric identification systems, facilitated by the Indian Government, and needs to be linked with your bank accounts, PAN card, ration cards, etc. It ensures the security of all your accounts in one cover. With over 1.1 billion citizens having enrolled for AADHAAR till Aug’ 2017, AADHAR has come up to be one of the most prominent identity documents, in India.
The UIDAI - Union Identification Authority of India has issued an order declaring that all bank accounts, passport, ration cards, mobile sim cards, etc. are to be linked to one's AADHAR card, as it will ensure secure verification of the respective owners of these accounts and avoid any disruptions. The current deadline for this initiative is 31st Dec’17 for bank accounts and PAN, and 6th February 2018 for mobile sim cards. However, it has been proposed by one of the judges consisting the five judges’ bench that the deadline should be extended till 31st March, 2018.
A set of important documents such as Ration Card and PAN card, also need to be validated by AADHAR credentials. Different sets of instructions have been introduced by various banks and government organizations to make the linking process simple and convenient for their customers and complete the verification process without facing any trouble. Most government organizations have set up online portals through which their customers can easily link their respective AADHAR numbers from the comfort of their homes. Following are the set of general instructions that should be followed while verifying one's AADHAAR details.
Linking AADHAR to Bank Account
This includes facilities ranging from online/offline verification to providing futuristic kiosks to make the process more convenient for people. Most of the banks such as SBI, ICICI, HDFC, Kotak Mahindra, etc. already provide these features and services to their customers.
The KYC (Know Your Customer) certification process can be initiated by either logging on to the bank's official website or picking up a KYC form any of its branches.
Procedure to complete eKYC online:-
NOTE: To initiate online process the customer should be registered with the net banking services of her/his bank and should have a valid username and password for the account.
- Log on to the net banking section of your bank's website.
- Search for the eKYC /AADHAR/Identity verification section and select the particular option.
- An online form will be displayed with the assigned spaces for entering the address and identity proof details, including AADHAAR number and PAN. It’s important to understand that there shouldn’t be the slightest difference in your name enrolled with AADHAR and that on your bank account. If there is even the slightest of difference in the names, you will need to submit an application with the bank to get your name changed on the bank account and match it with the one on AADHAR.
- After confirming all the details, submit the application. The bank will process the verification very soon, after which you will be notified on your registered mobile number.
Procedure to complete AADHAR linking offline:-
For the offline verification, customers don’t need to have an internet banking account with the bank.
- Visit the nearest bank branch and collect an AADHAAR seeding /verification form.
- Submit the duly filled form with your bank account number and attach the required address and identity proofs properly.
- Submit the form to the designated official in your nearest bank branch.
- Once the verification process has been completed, the customer will be notified on her/his registered mobile number.
The verification process can also be carried out at various kiosks set up by your bank. Just visit the kiosk and fill in you details through the keyboard attached with the system provided in the kiosk. Post verification, you'll get notified on your registered mobile number.
Also facilities such as IVRS (Interactive Voice Response System) can be used to link AADHAR details.
Linking AADHAAR with Ration cards:-
Due to increased number of scams associated with the ration cards in the past few years, the Central government has made it mandatory for all the ration cards to be linked with their respective owner's AADHAR. This process can be carried out either online or offline, or even by sending an SMS to 51969.
Online Procedure Linking AADHAR with Ration cards:-
- Log onto UIDAI's official website and click on the ration card verification section.
- Enter the ration card details, along with address and identity details
- Select one of the options in the benefit type – pension, LPG connection or whichever option suits your need.
- Enter your AADHAR number and the mobile number linked with it.
- An OTP- One Time Password would be sent to your registered number, and after entering the OTP and given captcha code, click on the Submit button.
After successful verification you'll be notified through an SMS /E mail.
Offline Procedure of Linking AADHAR Card with Ration cards:-
Get an AADHAR seeding form your ration provider, and submit the duly filled form along with the necessary identity and address proofs.
SMS Procedure of Linking AADHAR with Ration cards:-
For schemes other than LPG
type UID SEED <State Short Code> <Scheme/Program Short Code> <Scheme/Program ID> <Aadhaar No> and send it to 51969.
For Instance: UID SEED DL POSC 1234567 121212121212
Linking AADHAR to Mobile Number:-
The online verification procedure can be carried out by visiting the respective telecom operator's website and filling up the e-KYC form. After that, you need to submit photocopies of all the required identity and address proofs along with the form. Following this, an OTP based verification would take place.
One can also opt for the offline verification procedure. However, the offline process is a bit lengthy as compared to the online one. It includes visiting your telecom service provider’s branch with the identity proofs and filling up a form. Post submission of this form, an OTP based verification would take place.
In both these cases, after successful linking of AADHAR, a confirmatory SMS would be sent to your registered number.
Also, grievance redressing forums have been set up by these organizations to remedy the customers' complaints regarding verification.
Thus, we can conclude that linking different documents with your Aadhaar card is going to make your life much easier, and services more accessible.