How To Get Duplicate Aadhar Card Online
Aadhaar Card is one of the most important documents these days, which is being used in almost every aspect of our lives – be it opening a bank account, applying for an LPG subsidy or simply getting a new mobile number. This simple yet significant document has more to it than meets the eye.
The importance of getting an Aadhaar Card has increased manifold in the past few years and losing or misplacing this card, by any chance, can create a lot of havoc in any Indian resident’s life. Furthermore, it’s also risks one’s safety as it contains a lot of personal data, which can be misused by anyone in extreme situations. However, you need not worry about losing this important document anymore, as you can easily apply and get your duplicate Aadhar Card by following these simple steps:
- Start with logging on to UIDAI’s official website: www.uidai[dot]gov.in and under the option of “Aadhaar Online Services”, click on the tab of “Aadhaar Enrollment”.
- Once on the page, you will find an option of “Retrieve Lost UID/EID”. Click on this option and you’ll be redirected to the next page where you have to fill-in the required details which include your name, mobile number and your email address. Furthermore, you also have to select which particular number you want to actually retrieve – the Enrollment Number or the Aadhar number (UID).
- Once you have entered the details and have updated the security number, select the option of “Send One Time Password”. An OTP will be sent to either your email address or phone number (whichever option you have chosen). Enter this OTP in the required field to complete the verification procedure.
- Once the OTP is verified by the UIDAI software, you’ll receive your Enrolment ID/Aadhaar Number on your registered mobile phone or email address.
- Once you have received the Aadhar number, click on the option of “Download Aadhaar” which will redirect you to the next page.
- You’ll find a form on the screen which requires the following data to be filled in: Your Aadhar Number or Enrolment ID, your name and PIN Code of your home address.
- Again, you have to select the option of “Send One Time Password”, after entering all the required details. You’ll receive an OTP on your registered mobile number with UIDAI. You can download the duplicate copy of your e-Aadhar after entering the OTP.
Aadhaar Card is not only limited to its role of an address or identity proof for individuals. With the new set of rules & regulations launched by the Government of India, very soon it is going to be the one point source for all our needs. This is the reason that getting a duplicate Aadhar card as soon as it is lost/misplaced, has become of utmost important.
Here is how it contributes towards making your life simpler and smoother when it comes to government related procedures:
- Filing your Income Tax Return:
It is undoubtedly one of the best benefits offered by Aadhar card as now you can e-file your ITR with only a few clicks on your computer. It saves you a lot of time as you don’t have to worry about maintaining a huge file of different documents. All you have to do is, log-in on the Income Tax website and link your Aadhar Number with your PAN and you are good to go.
- Applying for Passport:
With an access to Aadhaar Card, you can easily get your passport within 10 days. Simply attach a copy of your Aadhar card while filling the online application for a passport. The copy of Aadhaar will fulfil the requirement criteria of submitting an identity and address proof. You will get an appointment from the passport office after 3 days and once the verification procedure is complete, you’ll get your passport dispatched within a week.
- For Opening a Bank Account:
You don’t need to provide multiple proofs of identity or carry on with the never-ending documentation procedure. A single copy of your Aadhar Card is enough to serve as an address & identity proof.
- Get your Pension on Time:
Access to Aadhaar Card helps the senior citizens get their pension on time without the need to go through the tiring and cumbersome process of documentation. All they need to do is, simply register their 12-digit Aadhar Card number and get timely paid pensions.
Not only this, you also have the facility to submit your digital life certificate online and hence won’t have to go through the physical legwork and hassles to claim your pension.
- Easy Provident Fund Access:
The pensioners can link their Aadhaar Card with their pension account. And their PF amount will be disbursed directly to their respective bank accounts.
- LPG Subsidy:
Now, you don’t have to register separately for different subsidies. You can use the benefit of all government aided subsidies with the help of your Aadhar Card number. You’ll find that your subsidies will be directed to your bank account.
- New SIM Card:
As per a notification issued by the department of Telecommunications, all telecom service providers are entitled to re-verify and update their customer details by the online procedure of KYC (Know Your Customer) with the help of their respective Aadhaar cards.
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna (PMJDY) & MANREGA:
Both of these government-aided schemes need the individual’s Aadhar card to get her/his account opened.
- Linking Voter ID card:
Linking one’s Voter ID with her/his Aadhar Card has become a mandatory procedure since March 9th 2017. This step has been introduced by the government to eliminate fake voters.
Thus, we can easily conclude the importance Aadhar Card has in our lives as Indian residents and how it helps us in availing different government-aided benefits. Not only this, it also works as a digital identity proof for every Indian and hence becomes the most essential part of our document file.
- Why You Should Link Your Aadhar Card to e-File Income Tax Returns?
- How to Change Address in Aadhar Card?
- How to Verify Aadhaar Linked Mobile Number and Email-Id?
- How to Update or Correct Aadhaar Card Details Online
- How to Link Aadhar Card with Pan Card?
- How to Link Your Aadhaar Card to Different Documents