How to Check Aadhaar Card Status Online?
The Unique Identification Authority of India issues a 12 digit unique identification number known as the aadhaar number to every Indian citizen on behalf of the Indian government. An aadhaar card serves the dual purpose of address proof and identification proof for its holders.
Once you complete the application process and get yourself enrolled for the aadhaar card, you can check its status online. Generally, after the application of your aadhaar card has been submitted you can receive the card within 60 days to 3 months’ period. In today’s time, having an aadhaar card is very important for every individual of every group i.e. infant, teenagers, and adults.
Aadhaar Card Uses
- It serves the dual purpose of serving as an identity proof and address proof.
- Every individual is required to enroll himself/herself only once in their lifetime.
- There is no fee required to enroll for an aadhaar card.
- The 12 digit unique identification number is helpful in numerous government schemes.
- Aadhaar card can act as a good medium to identify and eliminate numerous fake identities in government files.
- The aadhaar card helps in Direct Benefit Transfer, like the distribution of the LPG subsidy as it is linked with the beneficiaries’ bank accounts.
Check Aadhaar Card Status online
Keeping the comfort of the applicants in mind, nowadays you can check aadhaar card status online in a very simple and hassle-free process. In order to check your aadhaar status online, you will need to keep your aadhaar number/enrollment number as well as the date and time of enrollment at hand. These details will be provided to you at the time of enrollment.
On the online portal of UIDAI, the aadhaar applicant can avail of the facility to check the AADHAAR Card status online. There are no charges to check aadhaar card status. Prior to checking the aadhaar card’s status, the applicant should wait for 3 months from the date of application, unless you have already received information about your aadhaar card status from UIDAI.
In case you want your aadhaar card earlier then you can easily download the e-aadhaar card, which is generated within 10-15 days only. Remember that the e-aadhaar card is a copy of your original aadhaar card and is equally authentic.
You can check the status of your aadhaar card by visiting the website of UIDAI or via SMS. Nowadays, the government of India has made the process of checking aadhaar status very simple and convenient. Following are the various ways through which you can check the aadhaar card status:
Check Aadhaar Card Status With Acknowledgment/Enrollment Slip
After the submission of aadhaar application form the applicant receives the acknowledgment slip which includes enrolment ID. It, also, states the date and time when your acknowledgment slip was generated. In order to check the aadhaar status, you just need to fill the 14 digit enrolment number as well as the date and time mentioned on the slip and click on check aadhaar status in UIDAI website.
Check Aadhaar Card Status Without Enrollment Slip
In case if you have lost the acknowledgment slip, you can just visit the UIDAI website and retrieve the date and time of acknowledgment and your enrollment ID. You just need to follow few simple steps like:
- Go to UIDAI website.
- Click on find UID/EID option.
- Two options will pop up on the page – to recover you aadhaar number and to recover your 28 digit enrollment number. Choose the option of EID.
- Once you choose the EID option you will be required to fill the other important details like full name, e-mail ID, phone number, and security captcha.
- Once you are done with all these, a one-time password will be generated and directed to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the one-time password and click on ‘verify OTP’ to complete the process.
- After the verification of one-time password is done the page will display the enrollment number.
- The applicant can use this enrollment number and date and time of acknowledgment slip to check the status of the aadhaar card.
Check Aadhaar Card Status Through SMS
In order to know the status of your aadhaar card through SMS, all you need to do is to type UID STATUS<14 digit enrollment number> or type UID STATUS<28 digit EID number> on your phone, in the section of compose the message and send it to 51969.
Check Aadhaar Card Status Through Call
These are the two main methods through which you can check the aadhaar card status. Apart from this, you can also know the status of your aadhaar card by calling at the toll-free number and post office.
- Toll-free number- The applicant can call the aadhaar support toll-free number 1947 to be acquainted with the status of aadhaar card. While calling the toll-free number, to know the status of your aadhaar card it is important to keep the enrollment ID handy.
- Post Office- If you have the surety that your aadhaar card has been made and dispatched; you can check the local post office and collect the card from there. However, you will be required to keep the enrolment ID ready.
It is very crucial to keep a proper track of the aadhaar card and check the status regularly after filling the application. Once the submission of biometric data and documents has been done the applicant will have to wait a while before your Aadhaar card arrives. Normally, it can take 60 days to 3 months, for the Aadhaar card to be sent to you. The aadhaar card is sent through Indian post.
Once you fill the application form, keep an eye out on the status of your aadhaar card. It is very crucial to ensure that your application is secured and is not rejected.
There can be some cases when the application is rejected. These reasons can be the result of the applicant not enrolling himself/herself earlier or having the correct documentation. The applicant may be required to reapply for a new aadhaar card if the applicant does not receive the aadhaar card and the status declares it as rejected. You can reapply for the Aadhaar card by following the similar procedure for booking appointments and completing the registration process.
- Aviva Traditional Plans
- Bajaj Allianz Traditional Plans
- Bharti AXA Life Traditional Plans
- Birla Sun Life Traditional Plans
- Canara HSBC Traditional Plans
- DHFL Pramerica Traditional Plans
- Edelweiss Tokio Life Traditional Plans
- Exide Life Traditional Plans
- Future Generali Traditional Plans
- HDFC Life Traditional Plans
- ICICI Prudential Traditional Plans
- IDBI Federal Traditional Plans
- IndiaFirst Traditional Plans
- Kotak Life Traditional Plans
- LIC Traditional Plans