TATA AIG Marine Cargo Insurance
TATA AIG General Insurance Company provides a decades-old professional combination of Tata Group's prominent Indian leadership and AIG's global presence to provide world-class marine insurance services to you. TATA AIG Marine Cargo Insurance provides protection against various unforeseen risks of loss/damage to assets and goods in transit. Read ahead to know everything you want to know about TATA AIG Marine Cargo Insurance:Read more
Get ₹10 lakh Marine Insurance @ ₹591/transit*
Get ₹10 lakh Marine Insurance @ ₹591/transit*
Quick & Hassle free
*Premium varies on the basis of Occupancy, Business Activity & Coverage Type
Features of TATA AIG Marine Cargo Insurance
Following are the salient benefits and features of the TATA AIG Marine Cargo Insurance policy:
- Global service: Tata’sage-old experience combined with AIG’s global presence in 130+ countries makes sure that the right service and assistance is given keeping in mind all the global regulations. Additionally, a global presence also ensures quick and efficient service response in dealing with losses whenever and wherever they occur.
- Marine Loss Control Engineering (MLCE): TATA AIG General Insurance Company’s MLCE platform identifies potential hazards in supply chain operations and helps prevent loss by allowing you to implement quality improvement guidelines.
- Flexible and customized policies: You can buy the TATA AIG Marine Cargo Insurance and customize it to suit exactly your requirements.
- Cost-Saving: In case of damage to goods in transit, the losses become quite expensive to bear. With marine insurance, TATA AIG General Insurance Company manages the risk of such unforeseen finances, helping you save on unplanned costs.
- Expertise: TATA AIG General Insurance Company is the only marine insurance company to have a dedicated team of marine cargo underwriters.
- Peace of mind: Since the insurance company keeps you covered against unforeseen damage to cargo during transit, you can live with peace of mind knowing that your losses will be covered in case of a mishap.
- E-Marine tool: It is a simple yet innovative tool that allows the company to provide 24x7 insurance helpdesk facilities to their policyholders.
What is Covered under TATA AIG Marine Cargo Insurance Plan?
With TATA AIG Marine Cargo Insurance, policyholders get coverage for the loss or damage caused to goods and assets during transit under the following circumstances:
- Fumigation: Loss or damage caused to goods caused due to fumigation will be covered under the TATA AIG Marine Cargo Insurance policy.
- Natural disasters: Policyholders get coverage against damage or loss to goods caused due to natural disasters such as volcanic eruptions, tsunami, or lightning.
- Fire breakout or explosion: TATA AIG Marine Cargo Insurance covers the damage or loss of goods due to an explosion or a fire breakout.
- Own vehicle debris: Policyholders are also covered against the costs required for the removal of debris from their vehicle after a disaster.
- Collision of vehicles: Policyholders are provided financial coverage if their goods are lost or damaged due to the contact of the vehicle or vessel craft.
- Distress: TATA AIG Marine Cargo Insurance provides coverage against the loss or damage caused to goods due to discharge of cargo at a port of distress
- Repacking expenses: In case of a disaster, some of the partially damaged goods would be required to be repacked. The insurance company also provides financial coverage against costs incurred for the repacking of such goods.
- Increased value of freight upon arrival: In such cases, the insurance policy will cover the financial risks of the value of cargo being increased upon the time of arrival.
- Deliberate damage against pollution hazard: Any type of damage deliberately caused by public authorities to prevent or mitigate a pollution hazard for public welfare will be covered under the TATA AIG Marine Cargo Insurance policy.
What is not Covered under TATA AIG Marine Cargo Insurance Policy?
The TATA AIG Marine Cargo Insurance plan does not provide coverage to the policyholder for the following expenses:
- Changes in water table: The policy does not provide coverage for damage caused to goods/assets solely because of the change in the water table level.
- Climatic conditions: Damage or loss of goods in transit due to extreme temperatures or atmospheric/climatic conditions are not covered under this policy
- Insolvency of vessel owners: The insurance company does not cover any type of loss or damage to goods in transit arising due to the insolvency of the owner(s) of a vessel or a ship.
- Contamination/Pollution: This policy does not provide coverage for the damage or loss to goods in transit due to the contamination or pollution of the policyholder’s assets.
- Willful Misconduct by Assured: Any type of will ful misconduct of the assured leading to loss or damage of goods will not be covered by the insurance company.
- Regular wear and tear: The Insurer does not cover any type of loss or damage to goods in transit caused by leakage, wear and tear of the subjected goods, as well as loss in volume or weight of the assets.
- Willful Negligence: The insurer will not cover the damage or loss of goods in transit due to willful negligence.
- War: The insurance company will not provide coverage against any type of loss or damage sustained by goods in transit by war or war-like situations.
- Deliberate damage: Policyholders will not get any coverage for situations where deliberate wrongful acts have caused damage or loss of goods leading to financial loss for the insured.
- Nuclear weapons: Damage to the goods caused due to the operation of weapons of war or nuclear activities and reactions will not provide any coverage for, under the marine insurance plan.
- Delay in transit: TATA AIG General Insurance Company does not provide coverage against loss or damage to the goods caused due to delays in transportation.
- Unfit Vehicle: If the vessel, vehicle, or container is unfit causing damage or loss to insured goods, the insurance company will not provide any coverage for it.
- Strikes and riots: The insurer does not cover damages or losses caused by strikes, riots, or vandalism.
How to Raise a Claim under TATA AIG Marine Insurance?
Follow the process mentioned below to conveniently raise hassle-free marine insurance claims with TATA AIG General Insurance Company:
- Inform the insurance company: As a part of the first step to raise a claim after the accident, you should immediately inform TATA AIG General Insurance Company about the loss, to start the claim process.
- Document the loss: Once the claim process has been initiated with the insurance company, start taking photographic/videographic evidence of the loss or damage caused in the accident to maintain proof.
- Keep all required documents ready: Ensure that you have all the necessary documents ready so that you make the claim quickly without hindrances.
- Provide details with the claim Form: Start filling the claim form and submit it to the insurance company along with the mandatory documents.
- Survey/inspection: Once you have raised the claim and sent the documents, TATA AIG General Insurance Company will send a surveyor to the place of the incident for the verification of the claim and to initiate the further process.
- Compensation: After the submitted documents and the report submitted by the inspector are verified by TATA AIG General Insurance Company, the compensation amount is initiated in the bank account of the policyholder.
How to Renew TATA AIG Marine Cargo Insurance?
Tata AIG Marine Cargo Insurance has a fixed tenure and is required to be renewed periodically before its expiry to keep the contract between the insured and the insurer valid and legal. Follow the steps mentioned below to easily renew TATA AIG Marine Cargo Insurance:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of TATA AIG Marine Insurance Company
- Step 2: Provide details of the policyholder’s such as unique policy number name, etc.
- Step 3: Then provide the marine insurance policy details
- Step 4: Review the wordings and clauses of the policy document and verify the details
- Step 5: In case you wish to make additional changes, you can add, remove anything in your marine insurance plan in this step.
- Step 6: If you have removed any coverage, the premium amount will be lower, and if you have opted for additional coverage, the premium amount of the marine insurance policy will be higher than the existing plan.
- Step 7: Proceed with the required payment online using Debit/credit card, Netbanking, or UPI
- Step 8: After the payment is successful, TATA AIG General Insurance Company will renew your policy and send the confirmation over the registered email ID with the renewed policy documents.
Ensure that you periodically renew your marine insurance policy before the date of a lapse to avoid the cancellation by the insurance company.
Why Buy from Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited?
Purchasing TATA AIG Marine Cargo Insurance from Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited is easy, quick, and cost-effective. You not only get to buy TATA AIG marine insurance from the comfort of your home but also get 24x7 technical assistance, easy and quick renewals, and a hassle-free claim process.
You can also compare several plans before deciding to buy your preferred marine insurance policy. This process helps you choose the most appropriate marine insurance plan that suits your budget as well as fulfills all your requirements. If you wish to estimate a marine insurance premium amount, you can use the online premium calculator at Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited.
Q1: How can I raise a claim under my TATA AIG Marine Cargo Insurance for any loss or damage caused during transit?
You can contact TATA AIG General Insurance Company on their official email or call on the toll-free number provided on their official website to raise the claim.
Yes, it is possible to enhance your TATA AIG Marine Cargo Insurance while renewing or at the time of purchasing a new marine insurance plan.
Q3: Does the TATA AIG Marine Cargo Insurance Plan cover the loss or damage caused to goods due to an unfit vessel?
Yes, this marine insurance plan provides coverage for the loss or damage caused due to an unfit vessel.