Reliance Marine Cargo Insurance
Reliance General Insurance Company is one of the leading general insurance providing companies in India. The company has a huge customer base including individuals, SMEs and corporate companies. It has around 28,000 intermediaries and 139 offices in PAN India. Apart from all the general insurance policies, the Reliance marine cargo insurance policy provides financial aid for the unforeseen loss or damage caused during the transit through rail, air, road or sea.Read more
Quick & Hasslefree
**Premium Starting from Rs 500
#Actual Premium may vary on the basis of Cargo, Coverage Type etc.
Features Of Reliance Marine Cargo Insurance
Reliance marine cargo insurance provides several features that can make your policy tenure after the purchase become easygoing.
- Customization: You can customize the insurance plan based on your requirements and needs. You can enhance your insurance plan’s coverage.
- Survey & Assistance: The insurance company provides worldwide claims surveys as well as assistance to the policyholder.
- Transportation:The insurance plan covers all kinds of losses or damages to cargo in transit through Air, Rail, Waterways or Land.
- Network Of Surveyors:The insurance company has a network of surveyors all around the country.
- Extensions:The Reliance marine and cargo insurance company provides extension multiple transits, FOB, riot peril, incidental storage, strikes peril, etc.
- Online Savings:The insurer provides online savings on lesser distance transit as well as a voluntary higher excess, etc.
- Services: The insurance company will provide a world-class service so that you can get the best customer experience.
- Peace of Mind:With insurance in hand, you will have your peace of mind intact as the company will provide financial aid to the insured in case of loss or damage caused to the goods being transported through rail, land, air and sea.
What Is Covered Under Reliance Marine Cargo Insurance Plan?
The Reliance marine cargo insurance plan provides cover to the policyholder for the loss or damage caused to the goods during transportation due to the following reasons:
- Fire: The insurance plan provides cover for the loss or damage caused due to a fire accident.
- Lightening:The insurer will provide cover for the loss or damage caused due to lightning.
- Breaking A Bridge:Well, the vehicle or vessel has to cross many bridges during the transit and there are chances that the vehicle or the vessel might cause damage to it. The insurance plan will provide cover for that as well.
- Collision:The insurance plan provides cover for the collision with or by the vehicle, vessel or plane that causes damage to the goods will be covered.
- Overturning:The insurance plan will provide cover for overturning of the vessel, vehicle, a plane that leads to some kind of financial loss will be covered.
- Accidents & Derailment:The insurer provides coverage for the loss or damage caused to the goods during transportation due to an accident and for the railway if the train derails that leads to a certain amount of financial loss.
- Stranded Vessel: Coverage for stranded vessel or the aircraft or even capsized will be provided to the policyholder.
- Distress: If the cargo discharges the goods at the port due to distress, the insurance company will provide cover for it.
- Water Getting Inside Vessel: During the transit through the sea, if the water gets inside the vessel during the transit and causes any kind of loss or damage will be covered.
What Is Not Covered Under Reliance Marine Cargo Insurance?
The Reliance marine cargo insurance plan does not provide cover to the policyholder for the following:
- Willful Damage: The insurance company will not provide coverage for the loss or damage caused due to willful misconduct.
- Willful Negligence:The Insurance company will not provide coverage for the loss or damage caused to the goods during the transit due to willful negligence.
- Preparation & Packaging:Loss or damage caused to the goods due to unsuitable packaging or insufficient preparation will not be covered under the insurance plan.
- Delay:The insurer will not provide coverage to the policyholder for any kind of loss caused due to the delay in transportation.
- Hazards:The plan will not provide coverage for the damage caused due to any radioactive nuclear waste
- War or War-like Situation: The insurance plan will not provide coverage for the loss or damage caused during a war or war-like situation.
- Riots & Strikes: In no case, the insurance company will provide coverage for the loss or damage due to strikes or riots.
- Weapons of War:The insurer will not provide coverage for the loss or damage caused by a weapon of war such as bombs, derelict mines, etc.
- Unfit Vessel/Vehicle:Liability coming out of unworthiness or unfitness of the craft, vessel or container will not be covered.
How To Raise A Claim Under Reliance Marine Insurance?
Reliance General Insurance company believes in providing a smooth claiming process. Follow the steps given below in case you want to raise a claim.
- Inform Insurer: Inform the insurer about the incident as soon as possible.
- Take Pictures for Proof: Make a quick move and take pictures of the damage or loss caused so that you can show it later as proof.
- Keep Documents Ready:Keep the documents required to attach with the claim ready so that you do not have to search for them later.
- Fill-in Form: Ask the insurer to provide the claim form so that you can fill and submit it along with the attached documents.
- Inspection: The insurer will send an inspector to inspect the loss or damage caused and it is suggested to assist the inspector during the inspection. Tell them everything they ask you about the incident.
- Compensation: Once the inspection submits the report after the inspection then the insurer initiates the process of sending the compensation amount to the insured.
How To Renew Reliance Marine Cargo Insurance?
The Reliance marine and cargo insurance policy comes with tenure and it needs to be renewed before expiration for continuous coverage. Here are the steps that you can follow to renew the insurance plan
- Step 1: Visit the insurer’s official website
- Step 2: Fill in your details such as policy number, name, etc.
- Step 3: Now you will enter your insurance policy
- Step 4: Review the insurance policy once and check if the details are true to your knowledge
- Step 5: You can add or remove any add-on in your insurance plan
- Step 6: If you have removed something the premium amount is shown will be lower and if you have added an add-on then the premium of the insurance plan will be higher than the last one.
- Step 7: You can pay the premium using Credit/debit card, UPI or Netbanking
- Step 8: Once you make the payment, the insurance company will renew the plan and send you a confirmation mail on your email ID.
However, to avoid the cancellation of the policy make sure to renew the insurance plan before the expiration date.
Why Buy From Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited?
Purchasing a Reliance marine and cargo insurance plan from the Policybazaar insurance brokers private limited will be your best buying experience You can not only learn about the plans in detail but also compare different plans at one place so that you can learn about the claused under that particular plan and see if it fits your budget. On Policybazaar insurance brokers private limited, you can also calculate the premium amount using a premium calculator. Have a seamless experience of being a marine cargo insurance policyholder.
Ans: You can contact the Reliance General Insurance Company toll-free number to raise the claim, then they will provide you a claim form that you will have to fill and submit along with the required documents. Then they will send a surveyor to the site of the incident and inspect the loss or damage then they will inform the insurance company and eventually after accepting the claim the insurer will compensate.
Ans: Yes, you can enhance the insurance plan while purchasing or renewing the insurance plan. The insurance premium amount will increase on adding add-ons.
Q3: Does this insurance plan provide coverage for the loss or damage caused due to an unfit carrier or container?
Ans: No, the insurance plan does not cover the loss or damage caused due to an unfit carrier or container.
Ans: yes, the loss caused due to the derailment of the train is covered under this insurance plan.
Ans: Yes, the insurance company has a good network of surveyors in the country so that the claiming process goes smoother.
Q6: Does the insurance plan provide coverage for the loss or damage caused to the vessel and goods due to the breakage of a bridge?
Ans: yes, the insurer provides cover for the loss or damage caused to the vessel and goods due to the breakage of the bridge as well as the loss caused due to delay in delivering the package.