How to Fill the Post Office Savings Account Form?
You can get the India Post Office Savings scheme form online and offline. It is available on the India Post website and in post offices near you. Here are the steps of filling the form that you need to follow:
- The form has two sections. One is for office purposes, and the other is for you to fill. The latter has 18 parts, and you have to fill them as per the instructions without making any mistakes.
- In the first line, you have to mention the type of account you want to hold. The post office provides options for a basic savings account or a savings scheme with or without a checkbook.
- In the second line, you have to write your name and gender. If the account is for a minor or lunatic, write the guardian’s name.
- In the following line, you have to provide your father, husband, or mother’s name as applicable.
- Now you have to fill the applicant address column with your permanent residential address. You can skip the optional details like phone number & email id if it’s not available.
- Next, you have to provide your date of birth. Mention it in the dd/mm/yyyy format.
- The sixth line is operating instruction. You can check the box relevant to your account operation type. It can be single/self, survivor, jointly, or through the literate agent.
- Up next are the details of the KYC documents you have to submit with the form. You have to mention the document type, ID number, and validity of the photo ID proof & address proof.
- Provide the details of your first deposit. You have to mention the amount in figures & words.
- Fill in the nominee details. It includes four columns. They are the nominee’s name, address, date of birth, and nomination share. You have to fill it in as per the instructions.
- The details and signature of the witness should be at the bottom of the first page.
- Fill in your Aadhaar number in the 10th line.
- In lines 11, 12 & 13, provide details about the minor or lunatic account if applicable.
- Line 14 is for a recurring deposit. You have to mention the monthly installment.
- If you are applying with the help of an agent, provide agent details.
- Provide standing instructions. Standing instruction is applicable when you need a payment from the post office at fixed intervals.
- In the second last line, you have to allow the agent to receive the passbook on your behalf.
- In the last line, acknowledge receiving the certificate with the investor, messenger, or agent’s signature.
- In the final section, you have to sign the declaration after reading it. You can use a signature or thumb impression. You have to provide a recent photograph of yourself as well in the space given.
Common Mistakes to Avoid While Filling the Form
Avoid the following mistakes while filling the Post Office Savings bank form:
- Do not miss out on the instructions specific to a line. It can be the usage of capital letters, checking the box, and leaving spaces between words.
- If you have doubts about any section, it’s best to clear them from any relevant authority.
- Give the correct details only. Do not provide wrong information and check it before submission.
- Understand the terms and conditions associated with the account before filling the form.
When the form is complete, you can submit it to your corresponding post office with other necessary documents. You should understand the terms of deposit, withdrawal, and interest rate before opening an account. It will ensure a hassle-free account opening process.