- Rs. 1 CroreTerm Cover @Rs 17/Day
- Tax BenefitsUnder Section 80C & 10(D)
- Extra BenefitsAccidental, Terminal & Critical Illness
- 12 Lac+Families Secured
We promise limited calls
All Insurers Maintain Policies in Electronic Form: IRDAI
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1219 -
Modified 03 November 2015
IRDAI has asked all insurance companies to maintain and store the data pertaining to policies and claims in an electronic format so as to facilitate easy retrieval and compliance with various regulations, as quoted in The Economic Times.
"Every insurer shall maintain a record of every policy issued and a record of every claim made...in electronic form irrespective of maintenance in any other form,” IRDAI said in a notification. According to the regulator, the system of maintenance in electronic format should have all necessary security features. Also, the records, including those held in electronic form and pertaining to all the policies issued and all claims made, shall be stored and maintained in data centers within India only.
Furthermore, IRDAI added, "Every insurer should ensure that the records held are organized in such a manner as may be required for business use and easy retrieval so as to support the policyholder service and compliance with the various laws, regulations, circulars, guidelines, and such other regulatory framework as applicable from time to time. Every insurer should, within 90 days, from the date of notification of these regulations, file with the Authority, their board approved policy on maintenance and storage of such records.”
With regard to the storage and safety of records in the electronic form, IRDAI has asked all insurers to maintain privacy and security of policyholders’ data, detecting virus, security of hardware and software, disaster recovery, and business continuity.
- Most Read
- Tax Benefits on Life Insurance
Date: 30 July 2018
- How Life Insurance Help you To Stay Financially Safe?
Date: 23 July 2018
- 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Cancel Your Life Insurance Policy
Date: 23 July 2018
- How to Choose Life Insurance Plans According to Your Income?
Date: 22 June 2018
- 10 Risky Cities in India Where One Must Have Life Insurance
Date: 19 June 2018
- How to Check LIC Policy Status, Details, Statement via Online/SMS/Call
Views : 1612202
- LIC Online Payment - LIC Premium Payment Options & Process
Views : 220431
- LIC Login Online: Step-by-Step Login Process to LIC website
Views : 80146
- Life Insurance: Checking Policy Status
Views : 76717
- How to Check PLI Status?
Views : 75382