Do we ever think about how much a drink of scotch costs us?
Sadly, we do not!
We happily spend a chunk of our earnings on expensive liquor and refrain from investing a portion of it towards ensuring a stable future. We usually have a mindset that we are still young to invest and for now it is the time to enjoy. While as a matter of fact, it is imperative to invest regardless of one's age and earnings.
Let's take you through some interesting calculations to help you understand the idea better:
a. 12 bottles of Rum = Health Policy for your family
Investing the money you'd spend in buying 12 bottles of rum, which is Rs. 600 per bottle, towards the annual premium of a family floater health plan can cover you, your spouse and your child against all the medical contingencies and provide a sum insured of nearly Rs. 2 lac.
How hard is it to sacrifice a bottle of rum every month for your family's medical security?
b. 1 bottle of Scotch = A Term Plan worth Rs. 1 Crore
Paying the cost of a bottle of scotch (approximately Rs. 7,000) towards a term plan per annum can keep you covered for a term of 35 years and guarantee a sum assured of Rs. 1 crore.
Isn't a bottle of scotch too less a cost for your family's financial security in your absence?
c. 36 bottles of Wine = A good retirement plan
How about giving up on 3 bottles of wine a month and getting a pension of about Rs. 45,000 per month post retirement?
A bottle of wine costs about Rs. 1,300, while investing Rs. 3,900 per month towards a pension plan can ensure peace and financial stability during the golden years of your life.
d. 24 bottles of Beer = A health top up plan
Drinking 2 bottles of beer less in a month can enable you to buy a top-up plan for your health insurance policy and offer an enhanced cover and added benefits for you and your family. By giving up on just 24 beer bottles in a year you can save approximately Rs. 4,500. You can invest this money in a health top-up plan which can ensure good coverage for your family.
- Most Read
- How to Revive Lapsed LIC Insurance Policy Online
Date: 15 September 2017
- How to Save Premium Cost on your Life Insurance Purchase
Date: 13 September 2017
- Why Renewal of the Term Insurance Policy is Important?
Date: 11 September 2017
- LIC Senior Citizen Pension Scheme 2017
Date: 30 August 2017
- 5 Questions You Must Seek Answers for Before Buying Life Insurance Policies
Date: 18 July 2017
- Best 5 LIC Policies To Invest in 2017
Views : 973162
- LIC Policy Status: Check LIC Policy Details and Statement Online
Views : 922022
- Best Term Insurance Plans in India with Claim Settlement Ratio
Views : 368172
- A Quick Guide To Post Office Monthly Income Scheme
Views : 358011
- National Pension Scheme (NPS) – Govt Approved Pension Scheme
Views : 235510