Drinking Less Can Pay You more, Invest Well
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 2839 -
Updated date : 29 July 2019
Do we ever think about how much a drink of scotch costs us?
Sadly, we do not!
We happily spend a chunk of our earnings on expensive liquor and refrain from investing a portion of it towards ensuring a stable future. We usually have a mindset that we are still young to invest and for now it is the time to enjoy. While as a matter of fact, it is imperative to invest regardless of one's age and earnings.
Let's take you through some interesting calculations to help you understand the idea better:
a. 12 bottles of Rum = Health Policy for your family
Investing the money you'd spend in buying 12 bottles of rum, which is Rs. 600 per bottle, towards the annual premium of a family floater health plan can cover you, your spouse and your child against all the medical contingencies and provide a sum insured of nearly Rs. 2 lac.
How hard is it to sacrifice a bottle of rum every month for your family's medical security?
b. 1 bottle of Scotch = A Term Plan worth Rs. 1 Crore
Paying the cost of a bottle of scotch (approximately Rs. 7,000) towards a term plan per annum can keep you covered for a term of 35 years and guarantee a sum assured of Rs. 1 crore.
Isn't a bottle of scotch too less a cost for your family's financial security in your absence?
c. 36 bottles of Wine = A good retirement plan
How about giving up on 3 bottles of wine a month and getting a pension of about Rs. 45,000 per month post retirement?
A bottle of wine costs about Rs. 1,300, while investing Rs. 3,900 per month towards a pension plan can ensure peace and financial stability during the golden years of your life.
d. 24 bottles of Beer = A health top up plan
Drinking 2 bottles of beer less in a month can enable you to buy a top-up plan for your health insurance policy and offer an enhanced cover and added benefits for you and your family. By giving up on just 24 beer bottles in a year you can save approximately Rs. 4,500. You can invest this money in a health top-up plan which can ensure good coverage for your family.
- Most Read
- Top 7 Low Risk Investment Options Which Offers Higher Returns
Date: 16 January 2020
- Where to Invest Money in India for Higher Returns?
Date: 20 December 2019
- Best Long-Term Investment Strategies & Products
Date: 10 December 2019
- Top 5 Investment Plans for Millennial In 2020
Date: 06 December 2019
- Where Can you Invest Money to Maximize your Wealth?
Date: 31 October 2019
- Best 5 LIC Policies To Invest in 2020
Views : 2424431
- A Quick Guide To Post Office Monthly Income Scheme
Views : 847464
- State Bank Of India Investment Plans
Views : 382985
- Best 5 SBI Life Insurance Plans in 2019-20
Views : 377518
- 10 Best Short Term Investment Plans in India 2020
Views : 348526
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator