Another year gone by and many of us will be happy regarding our investments in the previous year. We do plan for our contingencies and other emergencies including investment plans to be done for our future. Various investment strategies help you preparing for future and help you in tax planning as well. Below are some of the investment tips for 2018 that will help securing your future and meeting your financial goals also:
- Cash reserves in savings bank account: You can keep accumulating money in your saving bank account that will help you to meet any kind of emergency. Moreover, interest on savings bank account has gone up providing you better returns on your deposits. Further, income tax laws allow you exemption in taxable income up to RS 10000 which you can use as a strategy in your tax planning.
- Investment in Public Provident Fund: You can continue investing funds in provident fund account. Interest on provident fund has increased and it assures you returns on your investment. Income from provident fund continues to be exempted from income tax. Further, it also acts as a source of retirement planning for an individual. You can also open provident fund account for your spouse and children which will help you securing their future as well.
- Real estate investments: If you still don’t own home for your family, then you can start investing money in real estate. This will help you building your dream home and further, investment in residential property does not attract income tax. You can avail special tax deduction under section 24 of income tax for interest payment on loan for residential property. Other than interest exemption, repayments of the housing loan also enjoy tax deduction under section 80C.
- Tax free bonds: One can invest in tax free bonds as investments done in these bonds will attract more interest than bank fixed deposits. The investments in tax free bonds will impact income tax savings if you will calculate your income tax liability.
- Investments for your minor child: An individual having a minor child must start their investments in order to secure their future. As we all know that education has gone very expensive and it takes huge out of an individual to provide proper education to their children. So, an individual can start investing in provident fund or in postal recurring deposits to provide good education. You can also start investment in life insurance policy for the children from very early age, this can help save you money on premiums as insurance premiums are very less for a minor.
- Investment in postal instruments: An individual can plan and save their tax by investing in postal instruments like National Savings certificate, post office time deposit receipts and senior citizen savings scheme. Investment in these instruments can help lowering your tax liability and also, interests on these instruments have risen over the past few years earning you money as well.
- New Pension Scheme: You must not forget about investment in new pension scheme of the government. Investments in pension scheme can help you ensuring your life after retirement.
Above investment strategies can help you ensuring your secure future along with safety of your family members. You can alter your investment strategies but must not completely withdraw them.
- Most Read
- Post Office Savings Schemes
Date: 17 May 2019
- Everything you Need to Know about Equity Investment
Date: 02 May 2019
- Mutual Funds vs Stocks: Find out where you should invest
Date: 30 January 2019
- Top 5 Savings Plans for 2019
Date: 30 January 2019
- 12 Popular Investment Options to Choose From
Date: 28 January 2019
- Best 5 LIC Policies To Invest in 2019
Views : 2120982
- A Quick Guide To Post Office Monthly Income Scheme
Views : 763467
- State Bank Of India Investment Plans
Views : 362664
- Best 5 SBI Life Insurance Plans in 2018-19
Views : 303128
- 10 Best Short Term Investment Plans in India
Views : 301060
GET ARTICLE ON EMAIL
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator