The Income Tax Department will process and send refunds within 7-15 days as its technology upgrade of Aadhaar- based IT verification has received an overwhelming response from tax payers. The department’s latest initiative to verify the income tax return (ITR) by Aadhaar or other bank deposits for the Assessment Year 2015-16 has expedited the entire process and made it possible to send refunds to the bank accounts of eligible tax payers within 15 days.
In its statement to The Business Standard, a top official of the department said, “The days are gone when getting an I-T refund used to take months or in some cases even a few years. The new electronic verification e-filing system has proved to be very customer-friendly and as a token of thanks to the taxpayers, the department is working to ensure their refunds are sent in a week's time or a maximum of ten days. This is surely the way forward in the administration of tax affairs in the country.”
According to statistics, the total returns received by the department on its portal as on 7th September 2015 (the last date for filing tax return) was 2.06 crores which is an increase of 26.12% when compared to last year’s when it was only 1.63 crores.
On 7th September 2015, the department's Central Processing Centre (CPC) processed 45.18 lakh returns and issued refunds to 22.14 lakh tax payers for the Assessment Year 2015-16. This year, the peak filing rate was 3,475 as compared to last year when it was 2,901 per minute.
- Most Read
- Types Of Investments in India
Date: 12 July 2018
- What are the Major Differences Between Shares and Bonds?
Date: 26 June 2018
- New-Generation Endowments May be Worth a Look
Date: 22 June 2018
- Endowment vs Money Back Policy - What Should You Buy?
Date: 22 May 2018
- Realise Your Life Goals with a Proper Goal-based Investment Plan
Date: 09 April 2018
- Best 5 LIC Policies To Invest in 2018
Views : 1510971
- A Quick Guide To Post Office Monthly Income Scheme
Views : 574866
- State Bank Of India Investment Plans
Views : 292952
- 10 Best Short Term Investment Plans in India
Views : 235797
- Best 5 SBI Life Insurance Plans in 2017-18
Views : 202306