Income Tax Return – Verification, commonly known as ITR-V, is an acknowledgement that the Income Tax Department sends after it successfully receives the income tax return form of a taxpayer. After checking the verification, the applicant needs to take out a print of it, sign it and send to CPC Bangalore so as to complete the process of filing the returns. After submitting the ITR-V receipt online to the Income Tax Department the user has the leverage to check the status. For this, all they need to do is to enter his or her Permanent Account Number (PAN), an acknowledgement number of e-filing as well as the assessment year.
The user also has the leverage to check whether the Central Processing Centre (CPC) received the ITR-V and whether a digital signature was used at the time of filing the returns or not. Therefore, you need to be very careful as a little negligence of yours can lead to serious issues, for instance, loss of refunds from taxes or payment of extra taxes. Therefore, in order to save yourself from these mishaps, it is important to find out the online status of your ITR-V (income tax returns verification).
Verifying the Income Tax Returns:
One of the first things that you need to do immediately after filing returns online is that the taxpayer needs to verify online or dispatch the ITR-V to CPC Bangalore. The process to know about how to go for it is as follows:
In order to verify your Income Tax Returns (ITR), you have two ways:
- The first way is to go for electronic verification. For this, you need to log in to the official portal of the Income tax return by the government. Then you need to visit the main menu and go down to the option of ‘E-Verify Return’. Then the Aadhar Card number can be linked to PAN in order to generate an OTP (One Time Password). The password gets delivered to the registered mobile number of the applicant, which is used in order to validate the e-filing of the taxpayer. In order to verify the ITR, an electronic verification code gets generated. The EVC will be delivered to the registered mobile number along with email id of the applicant. If the annual income of the applicant exceeds Rs 5 lakhs then the EVC method to verify is used by the taxpayers.
- Plus, there is a non-electronic method for ITR verification too. In this method, you need to mail a signed copy of your ITR-V has to CPC, Bangalore. The acknowledgement form needs to be sent, through speed post. This must be done within 4 months or 120 days of filing the tax returns.
The mail is to be sent to the following address:
Income Tax Department-CPC,
Post Box No-1,
Electronic City Post Office,
If the acknowledgement form comprises of a digital signature, then you do not have to send it to CPC, Bangalore. Moreover, if the ITR is not verified and dispatched is considered as a default case by the IT Department and this is the reason ITR is not processed.
Steps to Track the Receipt Status of ITR-V:
In case the applicant has opted to go for a verification of ITR, then they need to track the status of their policy regularly. There are cases when the applicant is unable to get the receipt of the ITR because of postal loss, so this is conveyed by the IT department. So, if you do not track this you can miss this. After Bangalore CPC receives the form, it sends an acknowledgement email to the taxpayer. This email is sent after a month of the receiving the document for income tax returns verification.
To check the status of the ITV-R form you need to follow these steps mentioned below:
- Then an acknowledgement email is sent to the verified email ID of the taxpayer that he or she mentioned in the ITR. There are times when these mails land into the Spam folder, thus make sure that you check all folders.
- One can also check the status using their PAN, e-filing acknowledgement number or year of assessment, that is located under the status tab of the ‘Services’ section of your e-filing website.
- Further, to check the status the applicant also has the facility to call CPC Bangalore .
Steps to Track the Intimation Status:
- After e-verification, which is a month long process, the IT department sends the applicant an intimation email, which is under Section 143(1). Details such as total tax paid, deductions, and total TDS deducted if any will be displayed in the intimation. Moreover, information regarding the difference in the amount of income tax paid, income, deductions, income tax payable or TDS is provided along with it to the audience.
- The list comprises of two columns where the status is communicated to the applicant. One is that the income tax paid on income of the taxpayer. The next detail is the income tax to be paid which is computed under Section 143(1). It is quite important for you to analyse the suggestions given under Section 143(1) which the IT Department provides. The reason for this is that the applicant knows about any mistakes or changes in details that they need to provide.
- In several cases, the intimation is for the difference between the amount computed by the IT Department and the tax paid. This is referred to as Notice of Demand as per Section 156. In such cases, the taxpayer needs to pay extra tax if the intimation specifies it.
Steps to Track the Status of Income Tax Refund:
The applicant can claim the refund if the IT Department computes an amount greater than the tax paid. In such cases, the refund gets deposited in the bank account of the applicant, as mentioned in the form of income tax return. To check the status of your tax refund status you need to login to the Government Website using your registered account. Once your income tax return (ITR) is processed, you can check it at TIN Website.
Documents you need to retain as a Proof:
Make sure you keep the income tax record along with the paperwork carefully, as the IT Department can also go for legal proceedings for the returns filed within a period of 6 years. Therefore, you need to keep all the required documents safely for a time period of about 7 years.
Following is the list of records you need for future references:
- Filed ITR along with ITR-V
- Form 16
- Tax deducted at source (TDS) or Form 16A
- Form 12 B
- Bank account statements
- Statements of tax exemption
- Copy of Challan for tax paid
- Gifts deeds
- The intimation from the IT department, email copy and print out or photocopy of the same.
A majority of us think that our job is to only file the tax returns, which certainly not true. We do not pay heed to ITR-V because we are not aware of the issues we might come across even after filing tax returns. There are a lot of taxpayers who face several issues when it comes to payment as well as refunds. Do not postpone or neglect the fact to check your ITR-V.
Most Searched Topics
- Top 5 Best Mutual Fund Plans to Invest in India in 2017
- Section 80D Deduction for A.Y 2016-17
- Section 80C Deduction for A.Y 2016-17
- What is Form 16 & How To Download It
- Income Tax Exemptions for Salaried Employees
- Tax Benefits on a Health Insurance Policy
- Section 80D Mediclaim Income Tax Deduction for Individual
- Section 80D of ITA: Deductions for Medical Insurance and Preventive Health Checkups
- How to Check Income Tax Return Status Online?
- Income Tax Planning For Salaried Employees in India
- Income Tax Benefits in FY 2016-17 on Home Loan Interest
- Income Tax Deductions under Section 80D of Income Tax Act, 1961
- Advantages and Disadvantages of the Tax-Saving Fixed Deposits
- How to Pay Income Tax Online in India 2017
- How to Save Tax on Salary?
- Tax Exemption on Health Insurance under Section 80D
- Compute Your Income Tax through the Income Tax Calculator
- Section 80D Tax Deduction For Medical Insurance Premium And Mediclaim Reimbursement Allowance Under Section 10
- How to Save Tax with Health Insurance?
- Know about Mediclaim Deduction for the AY 2016-17 and Plan your Future with us at Policy Bazaar!
- Income Tax Filing For the Freelancers
- How to File Income Tax Return Using Form 16
- Understanding Salaried Income and Its Tax Computation
- An Insight into Section 80D Deductions for Health Insurance Premium and Checkups
- Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) - Features, Benefits & Process of SIP
- How to Send Your ITR-V to CPC Bangalore
- How to Make Corrections to TDS Returns?
- eFiling Income Tax
- What is TDS (Tax Deducted at Source)?
- Tax Benefits on Children's School Fees
- How To Save Income Tax on House Rent Allowance
- Income Tax Slabs Rates for Financial Year 2016-17
- Handling Income Tax Notices form IT- Department
- What is the Difference between AY and FY?
- How to file Income Tax Return Online in India?
- Tax Exemption on Insurance Premiums
- Learning to Calculate Income Tax Levied on Salary Income
- How to View Filed TDS Statement on Income Tax Website?
- Best ways to save tax - Income Tax Saving Tips
- Take Home, Net Gross Salary vs CTC
- How to get Income Tax Return Form?
- Let's Talk About Part A and Part B in Form 16
- What is Reliance Tax Saver Plan?
- Advance Tax Payment Guide
- 5 Common Tax-Saving Mistakes and How to Avoid them
- Easy & Simple Steps to Upload TDS Returns Online
- NRI's without Pan: How to Avoid Higher TDS
- Complexity of Income Tax on Taxable Income
- All You Need To Know About From 27C
- TDS Will Not be deducted on Interest Paid to MUDRA
- Calculating Estimated Business Taxes
- Why Should You E-File Your Tax Returns
- Control the Currency with Policy Bazaar: Income Tax Guide For Start-ups
- Missed the Tax Filing Deadline? Here's what you can do about it
- File It Right: How to Avoid Rejection of Your ITR-V
- Tips for Startups while Generating Form 16
- How to Reduce the Burden of Income Tax and Increase Your Take-Home Salary?
- Useful Tips on Tax-Planning in India
- Income Tax Refund - Basics, Process
- Income Tax Deductions under Section 80
- Best Way to Calculate Your HRA (House Rent Allowance)
- Most Read
- How to Revive Lapsed LIC Insurance Policy Online
Date: 15 September 2017
- Tip to turn Habits into Healthy Ones: The Perfect Health Guide for Women
Date: 15 September 2017
- How Insurance Sector Faces Initial Hiccups Post GST
Date: 15 September 2017
- How to Save Premium Cost on your Life Insurance Purchase
Date: 13 September 2017
- Why Renewal of the Term Insurance Policy is Important?
Date: 11 September 2017
- Best 5 LIC Policies To Invest in 2017
Views : 969336
- LIC Policy Status: Check LIC Policy Details and Statement Online
Views : 915537
- Best Term Insurance Plans in India with Claim Settlement Ratio
Views : 366650
- A Quick Guide To Post Office Monthly Income Scheme
Views : 356294
- Best Health Insurance Plans in India
Views : 307051