The Public Provident Fund, often abbreviated as PPF, is one of the most sought after scheme for tax-saving. PPF can be a good choice of investment for retirement planning but a lot of people treat it as simply a tool to save tax. Until the department of accounts sends you a reminder to furnish documents of tax-saving, you do not think much about it.
PPF Interest Rate:
The PPF rate of interest is that is payable on the PPF balance is predetermined every year. In the last decade, it has been pragmatic that the rate of interest has varied however it has the chance to remain stable and was expected to fall slightly for the Union Budget of 2016. While the interest rate was 8.7 percent in fiscal year: 2015-2016 was slit to 8.1 percent in the fiscal year 2016-2017. The interest rates in some past years have been as under:
PPF Interest Rate: 2011 to 2017
The rate of Interest (p.a.)
December 1, 2011-March 31, 2012
April 1, 2012-March 31, 2013
April 1, 2013-March 31, 2014
April 1, 2014-March 31, 2015
April 1, 2015-March 31, 2016
April 1, 2016-March 31, 2017
How PPF Account Interest Rate Calculated?
You can calculate the interest rate on PPF on the least balance in the account between the 5th to the last day of each month. That’s why, in case you want to deposit a larger sum for any period of time of the year, you have to ensure that you vest on or prior to the 5th of a certain month, permitting yourself to produce interest for the whole of the month.
Advantages of PPF Account:
Here are a few key advantages of having a PPF account for you:
- If you make a deposit up to Rs. 1 lakh per annum in your PPF Account. The amount of money is liable to be exempted under Income Tax Act’s Section 80C. The contributions you make towards PPF account of your spouse or/and your children also the sum that qualifies for tax exemption under the Section 80C of the Income Tax Act.
- The deduction on tax is also massive up to the interest generated on the PPF account that means the full balance of your PPF account is absolutely exempted from the tax. This means that you do not have to pay any tax for return on investment in your PPF.
- The balance sum in a PPF account can’t be notified of any claim in case of any debt or even a liability. Therefore, the sum of money that belongs to you for life and is obtainable after your demise to your loved ones.
How to find your Existing PPF Interest Rate?
The current interest for a fiscal year, usually from April 1 of the year to March 31 of the upcoming year is similar. It is accessible online and does not vary throughout the whole of the year. On the other hand, the more imperative number that may be the existing balance on your PPF account is a more vital number. Here is what you need to do in order to check that:
- You can get hold of the bank or the post office branch to check the current PPF account’s status.
- If the bank is offering online banking, they can ask you to link your PPF account to your current online banking account. After getting merge, you can access the accounts and basic functions like making online payments for PPF loans and tracking the status of the account.
You should not get confused between Public Provident Fund (PPF) and Employees Provident Fund (EPF). The PPF and EPF are two different things. PPF is a personal saving account that an individual uses whose income has not been acquainted via a company or an organisation or anyone who is self-employed. Anyone already owning an EPF account can also make this savings investment account.
Most Searched Topics
- Top 5 Best Mutual Fund Plans to Invest in India in 2017
- Section 80D Deduction for A.Y 2016-17
- Section 80C Deduction for A.Y 2016-17
- What is Form 16 & How To Download It
- Income Tax Exemptions for Salaried Employees
- Tax Benefits on a Health Insurance Policy
- Section 80D Mediclaim Income Tax Deduction for Individual
- Section 80D of ITA: Deductions for Medical Insurance and Preventive Health Checkups
- How to Check Income Tax Return Status Online?
- Income Tax Planning For Salaried Employees in India
- Income Tax Benefits in FY 2016-17 on Home Loan Interest
- Income Tax Deductions under Section 80D of Income Tax Act, 1961
- Advantages and Disadvantages of the Tax-Saving Fixed Deposits
- How to Pay Income Tax Online in India 2017
- How to Save Tax on Salary?
- Tax Exemption on Health Insurance under Section 80D
- Compute Your Income Tax through the Income Tax Calculator
- Section 80D Tax Deduction For Medical Insurance Premium And Mediclaim Reimbursement Allowance Under Section 10
- How to Save Tax with Health Insurance?
- Know about Mediclaim Deduction for the AY 2016-17 and Plan your Future with us at Policy Bazaar!
- Income Tax Filing For the Freelancers
- How to File Income Tax Return Using Form 16
- Understanding Salaried Income and Its Tax Computation
- An Insight into Section 80D Deductions for Health Insurance Premium and Checkups
- Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) - Features, Benefits & Process of SIP
- How to Send Your ITR-V to CPC Bangalore
- How to Check ITR-V Receipt Status?
- How to Make Corrections to TDS Returns?
- eFiling Income Tax
- What is TDS (Tax Deducted at Source)?
- Tax Benefits on Children's School Fees
- How To Save Income Tax on House Rent Allowance
- Income Tax Slabs Rates for Financial Year 2016-17
- Handling Income Tax Notices form IT- Department
- What is the Difference between AY and FY?
- How to file Income Tax Return Online in India?
- Tax Exemption on Insurance Premiums
- Learning to Calculate Income Tax Levied on Salary Income
- How to View Filed TDS Statement on Income Tax Website?
- Best ways to save tax - Income Tax Saving Tips
- Take Home, Net Gross Salary vs CTC
- How to get Income Tax Return Form?
- Let's Talk About Part A and Part B in Form 16
- What is Reliance Tax Saver Plan?
- Advance Tax Payment Guide
- 5 Common Tax-Saving Mistakes and How to Avoid them
- Easy & Simple Steps to Upload TDS Returns Online
- NRI's without Pan: How to Avoid Higher TDS
- Complexity of Income Tax on Taxable Income
- All You Need To Know About From 27C
- TDS Will Not be deducted on Interest Paid to MUDRA
- Calculating Estimated Business Taxes
- Why Should You E-File Your Tax Returns
- Control the Currency with Policy Bazaar: Income Tax Guide For Start-ups
- Missed the Tax Filing Deadline? Here's what you can do about it
- File It Right: How to Avoid Rejection of Your ITR-V
- Tips for Startups while Generating Form 16
- How to Reduce the Burden of Income Tax and Increase Your Take-Home Salary?
- Useful Tips on Tax-Planning in India
- Income Tax Refund - Basics, Process
- Income Tax Deductions under Section 80
- Best Way to Calculate Your HRA (House Rent Allowance)
- Most Read
- How to Avoid Hefty Medical Bills in a Travel Emergency Abroad
Date: 20 November 2017
- Term Insurance with More Than 100 Years of Coverage
Date: 14 November 2017
- All About Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
Date: 13 November 2017
- Starting a Family? Beware Of Private Health Insurance Waiting Period Pitfalls
Date: 10 November 2017
- 10 Ways to Keep the Family Healthy This Winter
Date: 08 November 2017
- Best 5 LIC Policies To Invest in 2017
Views : 1084505
- How to Check LIC Policy Status, Details, Statement via Online/SMS/Call
Views : 1075363
- A Quick Guide To Post Office Monthly Income Scheme
Views : 415060
- Best Term Insurance Plans in India with Claim Settlement Ratio
Views : 409199
- Best Health Insurance Plans in India
Views : 351497