- Rs. 1 CroreTerm Cover @Rs 16/Day
- Tax BenefitsUnder Section 80C & 10(D)
- Extra BenefitsAccidental, Terminal & Critical Illness
- 7 Lac+Families Secured
LIC e services: Know How LIC Online Registration Works?
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 55282 -
Updated date : 21 August 2019
Life Insurance Corporation of India, popularly known as LIC, is one of the most popular life insurers in India. The company offers a wide range of life insurance products and services to insurance seekers with different budget and requirements in order to provide an opportunity to invest. Quite expectedly, millions of people in India pin down their faith upon LIC life insurance policies when it comes to ensuring comprehensive financial security for self and loved ones.
But checking your LIC life insurance policy status from time to time is as important as investing in the policy itself. This is because you may miss out on paying the premium payment on time, even within the grace period, creating a lot of unnecessary hassles for you. In order to ensure timely premium payments, you will need to keep a check on your LIC policy status and stay well informed about upcoming premium payment due dates.
Wondering how can you keep a track of your LIC policy status without having to run from pillar to post?
Thanks to LIC’s online portal, which makes checking the policy status an easy victory? Even you can pay the premiums online as well. However, in order to avail the LIC online login facility, you will need to register on the company’s website.
In this article, we will discuss the step-by-step procedure of LIC online registration. But before we jump into action, let’s understand why is LIC online registration important and how to register for it?
Who can Register Online for LIC e-Services?
All existing LIC policyholders in India can register online to avail the LIC e Services facilities. There are no charges for using LIC e services. Anyone can register in LIC e Services for policies purchased in his/her name or minor children via LIC online registration. However, LIC doesn’t allow policyholders to add the name of a spouse to be registered together. In case, you wish to register your spouse, you will need to register him/her separately.
Benefits of LIC e-Service Portal
LIC e services initiative taken by LIC is the most convenient and hassle-free process of registration. It provides the insurance seekers with an instant service on-demand in just a few clicks away. Under LIC e-services the insured person can take advantage of much different functionality online, that were previously available only at the branch offices. Here we have discussed some of the benefits offered by LIC e-Service Portal.
- By registering in e-service portal the applicant can be sure about the status of the policy issued.
- The insured can keep a proper and continuous track of next premium dues.
- The policyholder can make the premium payment online in a very simple and hassle-free way.
- Moreover, after paying the premium the insurance holder can also download the receipt of premium payment for the declaration of investment for the income tax.
- To keep a track of your policy you can check the policy status online just by logging in the e-Service portal.
- LIC e-service has one more additional feature under which, the policyholder can add a new policy to the existing customer portal account.
- One of the major benefits that can be availed under this portal is that the insured will not have any time lag from the payment date to receive the receipt.
- LIC e-service not only saves time and money but it is also secured as the data is not shared between Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) and banks. The banks and LIC only share the amount to be paid and transported. Both the sites i.e.(banks and LIC) is known to the insured itself, so there is no place for counterfeit.
- Last but not least, the insured person can save all the unwanted expenses as this service can be availed free of cost.
How LIC Online Registration Works?
It is easy to register online at LIC’s official website to avail LIC e Services. You do not need any technical knowledge to do it and can easily register within a matter of a few minutes and a few clicks. Check out this step-by-step guide for LIC online registration.
- Step 1: Visit LIC’s official website(www.licindia[dot]in. Once on the website, click on ‘LIC’s e-Services’ tab.
Step 2: Now, click on ‘New User’.
Step 3: Now, fill your Policy Number, Premium Amount, Date of Birth, etc. to complete the registration process. Once done, click on proceed.
Step 4: Now, create ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ and password of your choice to complete the LIC online registration process.
That’s it! You have successfully registered on the LIC website. Now, you can go ahead and make online premium payments, check policy status, check loan status and do many other activities and transactions related to your LIC policies.
Why Register Online at LIC’s Website for e-Services?
LIC online registration is available to all LIC policyholders. Customers can access almost all the services related to their LIC policies and get almost all their queries resolved through LIC e Services which is available for users who have registered at the site. Here is a list of benefits available to those registering online at LIC website.
- Online premium payments
- Policy status details
- loan status details
- Claim status details
- Adding nominees
- Benefit illustrations details for LIC life insurance products
- Registration of complaints related to your policy
- Policy conditions details
Registration Process Based on the Motive of Registration
The process LIC online registration can vary depending on your motive of registration. You can register with LIC either as an existing policyholder or an agent. Both the process slightly vary from each other.
Registering as an Agent
To serve as an agent of LIC you’ll require the agent code. In order to avail this code, you will have to appear and clear a LIC exam. The exam will be conducted by the regulatory author or IRDA.
In addition to clearing this exam, you will need to fill the agent registration form as well. This can be filled online by visiting the official website of LIC. Your basic information will be required including education qualifications.
Registering as an Existing Policyholder
The only criteria for registering with LIC that the person should be an existing customer of LIC. This also requires the person to have an account, which means one can’t register on behalf of their spouse, neither can they combine the policy. Hence, each account has its own policyholder and will register only one person.
In case of minor accounts, the parents can register, until they’re adults. T avail the services go to the registered customer option and get the required facility online.
If not Registered Earlier (For new users)
If you are registering for the first time then follow the below steps of registering:
- Go to the official website of LIC and navigate through the tag ‘New User’
- Fill up the necessary information online and create user ID and password
- By completing these formalities, you can register for LIC e services with no time
- To further gain the services from LIC, visit the official website with your user ID and password
How to Utilise LIC’s e Services?
Once you’re done with LIC online registration process, click on the e-services option to avail the online services. Login to the website by using your user name and password. You’ll require to fill an online form to avail the service you require. The filled-in form needs to be printed, duly signed. The scanned image of the same to be uploaded on the official website of LIC. Also scanned the copies of one ID proof such as Adhaar Card/Passport/PAN Card. Once you are done with the entire process, an acknowledgement will be sent to you for the provider as an SMS or email.
Wrapping it Up!
So there you have it- everything you need to know about LIC online registration process. So if you have not registered yourself on LIC’s official website, it’s time to register online and check your policy status online, and make your premium payments in a timely fashion to avoid any penalties and hassles.
- Most Read
- Aviva Life Insurance Introduces Aviva Income Suraksha for Defense Sector
Date: 14 October 2019
- KKR Sells Stake in SBI Life worth $73 Million
Date: 30 September 2019
- IndiaFirst Life Insurance Claim Settlement Ratio Trend
Date: 11 September 2019
- IDBI Federal Life Insurance Claim Settlement Ratio Trend
Date: 11 September 2019
- HDFC life Claim Settlement Ratio Trend
Date: 11 September 2019
- How to Check LIC Policy Status, Details, Statement via Online/SMS/Call
Views : 2325788
- LIC Online Payment - LIC Premium Payment Options & Process
Views : 402618
- How to Check PLI Status?
Views : 184792
- एलआईसी पॉलिसी की स्थिति और प्रीमियम विवरण कैसे जांचें?
Views : 168159
- LIC Login Online: Step-by-Step Login Process to LIC website
Views : 144409
GET ARTICLE ON EMAIL
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator