- Rs. 1 CroreTerm Cover @Rs 17/Day
- Tax BenefitsUnder Section 80C & 10(D)
- Extra BenefitsAccidental, Terminal & Critical Illness
- 12 Lac+Families Secured
We promise limited calls
Why Checking Your LIC Policy Online is a Good Option?
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 516 -
Modified 08 January 2018
It’s quite a troublesome task to visit the LIC office/branch every time you want to check even the smallest of details related to your LIC policy – be it about premium payments, due dates or its status. Moreover, the hectic life schedule we follow these days, it’s easy to forget about the approaching due dates, etc.
Hence, to avoid these circumstances and to prevent your LIC policy from lapsing, it’s important that you keep a regular check on the status of your LIC policy. There was a time when you were required to visit LIC branches / offices or contact your agent to get any information on your policy. However, the times are changing; and with the changing time, LIC and its way of working and dealing with its customers have changed, too. These days, LIC offers online as well as mobile services to provide the latest information on the status of your policy.
How to Access your LIC Policy Status Online?
The new customers can start by filling-in the registration form given on LIC’s official website. On this page, you have to provide details like your Date of Birth, Policy Number, Your Premium Amount, and Your Email Address (the one on which you want to get the notifications and alerts). Once you have entered these details and submitted the registration form, you will receive an automated email on your registered email address to complete the verification process. Once you are done with the verification, you can go ahead and check your policy status.
Online procedure to check policy status for registered users:
You can check several details on your LIC online portal such as – your bonuses, premium payments, group schemes, etc. All you have to do is, log on to the LIC website and feed in the required details. To check your policy status, please follow the given steps:
- Visit the LIC website and click on the option of ‘Online Services’.
- You will be routed to a page where you will be asked to login. Upon successful login, you need to choose the ‘Registered User’ option.
- Enter your ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ in the specified fields and click on ‘Go’.
- You’ll get a record of tools meant for registered users.
- Click on the option of ‘View Enrolled Policies’.
- On the next page, you will find a list of all the policies, you’ve enrolled into.
- Select the particular policy you want to check the status of.
Online procedure to check policy status for the non-registered users:
In case, you are not registered as an LIC user on the company’s official website, you can also use other options to confirm the status of your policy, such as text messaging service (SMS) on your mobile phone. One of the benefits of using this medium is that you don’t have to fret over remembering your username and password. However, make sure to keep your policy number handy before checking its status via SMS.
There are specific SMS codes to check different LIC services:
To check the renewal amount of your LIC policy, you can use the SMS code ASKLIC REVIVAL.
To get an idea of your instalment premium, you can type and send ASKLIC PREMIUM.
To know the loan amount available against your LIC policy, you can send the SMS code ASKLIC LOAN.
In case, you are looking for additional riders available with your plan, the SMS code used will be ASKLIC BONUS.
To check if the nomination option is available with the plan or not, use the SMS code ASKLIC NOM.
How to check the status of your LIC pension policy via SMS
To check the status of your IPP policy, you can type and send the SMS code ASKLIC STAT.
To get information on your Last Annuity Release Date, type and send ASKLIC ANNPD.
The due existence certificate can be checked by sending ASKLIC ECDUE.
To get any information related to return of your policy, use the code ASKLIC CHQRET.
The amount for the annuity cheque can be checked by sending the code ASKLIC AMOUNT.
Online procedure to check policy status through IVRS (Interactive Voice Response System) Mode:
LIC has also introduced an IVRS service to help its customers check the status of their policy anytime and anywhere. You simply have to dial their UAN (Universal Access Number) and get in touch with their customer service department, where the representatives will help you check your LIC policy status over the phone.
You can also visit their regional branches & zonal offices that have been classified into 8 different zones, namely Eastern Zone, Western Zone, Southern Zone, Northern Zone, Central Zone, West Central Zone, East Central Zone, North Central Zone and South Central Zone.
Keeping a regular check on your LIC policy status will help you track its progress as well as prevent your policy from lapsing, in case you weren’t able to make the premium payment on time. Tracking policy status also becomes more important because almost every second service related to your LIC policy is dependent upon its status, such as your premium due date information, status of your claim or loan, revival quote, accumulated bonus, etc.
Getting access to the LIC online portal and the SMS services will ease your worry about forgetting important dates and will also help you save a lot of time as you won’t have to keep on visiting LIC offices or agents, to get your hands on the smallest of details.
- Most Read
- What Makes SBI Pension Plans Different from its Peers?
Date: 17 January 2018
- What’s Great about LIC’s Jeevan Lakshya Investment Plan?
Date: 16 January 2018
- Why LIC Jeevan Tarun Is the Best Choice for Your Child’s Education?
Date: 09 January 2018
- What Makes Money Back Plan The Best Investment Option?
Date: 08 January 2018
- Why Checking Your LIC Policy Online is a Good Option?
Date: 08 January 2018
- Best 5 LIC Policies To Invest in 2018
Views : 1198815
- How to Check LIC Policy Status, Details, Statement via Online/SMS/Call
Views : 1177197
- A Quick Guide To Post Office Monthly Income Scheme
Views : 463142
- Best Term Insurance Plans in India with Claim Settlement Ratio
Views : 457446
- National Pension Scheme (NPS) – Govt Approved Pension Scheme
Views : 336498