ICICI Gilt Fund

ICICI Prudential Gilt Fund is a mutual fund that predominantly invests in government securities. It has various investment plans such as Direct Plan-Growth, Direct Plan - IDCW, Growth, Bonus, and IDCW. It is an open-ended debt scheme that invests in government securities and has a moderate risk factor.

Read more
Best Investment Plans
  • Guaranteed Tax Savings

    Under sec 80C & 10(10D)
  • ₹1 Crore

    Invest ₹10k per month*
  • Zero LTCG Tax

    Unlike 10% in Mutual Funds

*All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI approved insurance plan. Standard T&C Apply

Top performing plans with High Returns*

Invest ₹10K/month & Get ₹1 Crore returns*

+91
View Plans
Please wait. We Are Processing..
Plans available only for people of Indian origin By clicking on "View Plans" you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of use #For a 55 year on investment of 20Lacs #Discount offered by insurance company Tax benefit is subject to changes in tax laws
Get Updates on WhatsApp

The ICICI Prudential Gilt Fund invests 80% of the funds in the Government securities across maturity and the remaining 20% in other debt securities as well as Money Market Instruments. The benchmark for this fund is primarily CRISIL Dynamic Gilt Index and an additional benchmark called CRISIL 10 Year Gilt Index. 

Features of the ICICI Gilt Fund

Parameters

Details

Fund House

ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund

Fund Name

ICICI Prudential Gilt Fund (Direct and Regular)

Launch Date of the Fund

January 2013

Benchmark of the Fund

CRISIL Dynamic Gilt Index

CRISIL 10 Year Gilt Index (Additional Benchmark)

Minimum Investment for the Fund

A minimum of INR 5000 for Application and Additional amount, and in multiples of INR 1 including switches

Type of Fund

Open-Ended

Entry Load

As per SEBI’s guidelines, no entry load is charged on purchases, switch-ins, or additional purchases.

Exit Load

None 

Return Performance

Fund Consistency

Risk Level 

Moderate

Investment Objective

The investment objective for the ICICI Gilt Fund is to invest in Gilts of varying maturities. 80% of the funds are invested in various Government Securities across maturity, while the remaining 20% is invested in other Money Market Instruments. The Scheme may invest in various fixed income securities issued by the Central and State governments concerning the Scheme's investment objective and under the provisions of SEBI. 

The Scheme may invest in other schemes managed by the AMC or other mutual funds schemes, given that the investments conform to the prevailing regulations. No investment management fees will be charged for such investments as per the regulations. 

Fund Summary

  1. ICICI Gilt Fund-Growth (Regular)

    • Risk Level- Moderate
    • NAV- INR 78.4271 as of 6th July 2021
    • Expense Ratio- 1.18% as of 31st May 2021
    • Fund Started- August 1999
  2. ICICI Gilt Fund - IDCW (Regular)

    • Risk Level- Moderate
    • NAV- INR 16.2519 as of 6th July 2021
    • Expense Ratio- 1.18% as of 31st May 2021
    • Fund Started- August 1999
  3. ICICI Gilt Fund-Growth (Direct)

    • Risk Level- Moderate
    • NAV- INR 82.675 as of 6th July 2021
    • Expense Ratio- 0.57% as of 31st May 2021
    • Fund Started- January 2013
  4. ICICI Gilt Fund - IDCW (Direct)

    • Risk Level- Moderate
    • NAV- INR 16.8099 as of 6th July 2021
    • Expense Ratio- 0.57% as of 31st May 2021
    • Fund Started- January 2013

Fund Returns Summary

  1. ICICI Gilt Fund-Growth (Regular)

    Time Period

    Returns Per Year (Annualized)

    1 Month

    0.22%

    3 Months

    0.84%

    6 Months

    0.51%

    1 Year

    3.48%

    3 Years

    31.51%

    5 Years

    50.62%

    10 Years

    132.37%

  2. ICICI Gilt Fund - IDCW (Regular)

    PeriodPeriod

    Returns Per Year (Annualized)

    1 Month

    0.22%

    3 Months

    0.84%

    6 Months

    0.51%

    1 Year

    3.48%

    3 Years

    31.51%

    5 Years

    44.91%

    10 Years

    101.35%

  3. ICICI Gilt Fund-Growth (Direct)

    Time Period

    Returns Per Year (Annualized)

    1 Month

    0.17%

    3 Months

    1.00%

    6 Months

    0.81%

    1 Year

    4.11%

    3 Years

    33.60%

    5 Years

    54.77%

    10 Years

    NIL

  4. ICICI Gilt Fund - IDCW (Direct)

    PeriodPeriod

    Returns Per Year (Annualized)

    1 Month

    0.17%

    3 Months

    1.00%

    6 Months

    0.81%

    1 Year

    4.12%

    3 Years

    33.60%

    5 Years

    48.43%

    10 Years

    NIL

Pros and Cons

Pros of the Fund

Cons of the Fund

A low expense ratio of 1.15% for Regular  Plan

3 years returns are comparatively lower in this category of up to 10.13%

Average returns in the 1-year bracket in this category of up to 10.13%

Comparatively higher Expense Ratio of 0.57% for Direct Plan

Average returns in the 5 years bracket in this category of up to 9.12%

Benefits of ICICI Gilt Fund

The ICICI Gilt Fund offers a plethora of benefits to its investors. A few of the benefits are as follows: 

  1. Stable Investments

    The ICICI Gilt Fund invests primarily in Government securities which are considered a safe option for investors. 80% of the funds are invested in securities that promise a return to the investors. There's a low risk of losses, but these do carry market-related risks. Holding on to the securities until maturity nullifies the risk of losses. 

  2. Special Products

    The fund provides various options to invest in the fund with Systematic Investment Plans (SIPs), Systematic Withdrawal Plan (SWP), STP, and a Switch Facility. 

  3. Leading Track Record

    The mutual fund has been in the sector for well over 20 years, which has seen an upward growth of 502.94% since its inception. With such a fantastic track record, the fund is determined to do better in the future.

Fund House Details

The fund house manages the ICICI Gilt Fund, namely, ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund - second largest AMC (asset management company) in India.

The ICICI Gilt Fund is managed by Mr Rahul Goswami and Mr Anuj Tyagi. Mr Rahul has managed nine mutual funds and has an overall experience of 24 years. Mr Anuj has managed a total of 10 mutual funds and has an overall experience of 12 years.

Who Should Invest in ICICI Prudential Gilt Fund?

People who are willing to take a moderate risk over the long term can invest in this mutual fund. Since the risk is moderate, the returns are fairly good. Long-term investments have greater returns compared to short-term returns, as low as one year. 

The Scheme offers excellent yields for long-term investors and is primarily suitable for people who desire greater returns over time.

In a Nutshell

The ICICI Gilt Fund yields good returns for long-term investments at a lower risk of loss. The track record of the Scheme being on the rise since its inception proves to do better in the future as well. With various investment options, it is one of the best schemes to invest in.

FAQ's

top
Close
Download the Policybazaar app
to manage all your insurance needs.
INSTALL